I just did some research regarding Ghost and moving while aiming down the sights

#1Gallis_OTKPosted 12/24/2012 2:54:49 AM
I tested every kind of weapon in a custom game, strafing full-speed (while ADS with Ghost) in both standing and crouching positions, and with every combination of the Adjustable Stock and (via Perk 1 Greed) Lightweight factored in. Based on the results from whether the minimap arrow faded or not, and assuming all weapons in the same category have the same base movement speed (which I'm 97% sure they do), here's what I discovered:

+ Assault Rifles can only activate Ghost when you have the Stock equipped, whether standing or crouching. LW has no effect.
+ Submachine Guns and Pistols always move at enough speed to activate Ghost while ADS no matter what the circumstances.
+ Shotguns almost always get the benefit - the only time they don't is when they're crouching and not using either Stock or LW at all.
+ Lightmachine Guns only move fast enough to activate Ghost when they have the Stock and are not crouching. LW has no effect.
+ Sniper Rifles, Launchers, and the Crossbow can never move fast enough to activate Ghost while aiming down the sights.

Remember, this is when you're strafing at the maximum speed possible while aiming down the sights, so if you slow it down at all your results may be different. Hopefully this information helps all non-camping Ghost users in their future games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79ia-c2BQwY
---
Not changing this line of my sig until (The) Ryback's hunger is satisfied - started 9/24/12
http://i.imgur.com/PMzJP.jpg
#2Bbq_d_NukePosted 12/24/2012 3:43:04 AM
Well done...
---
---
The schnozberries taste like schnozberries!
#3Bbq_d_NukePosted 12/24/2012 3:43:30 AM
10/10
---
---
The schnozberries taste like schnozberries!
#4Aether_LyricPosted 12/24/2012 3:45:01 AM
Yet another reason why SMGs > everything -_-
#5KunosachiakaPosted 12/24/2012 3:47:04 AM
I didnt know they went this far with Ghost.

See kiddies? This is why you dont cry about things. They eventually are made useless then you can't use them anymore.
#6Aether_LyricPosted 12/24/2012 3:50:08 AM
Kunosachiaka posted...
I didnt know they went this far with Ghost.

See kiddies? This is why you dont cry about things. They eventually are made useless then you can't use them anymore.

I don't think you've played the game if you think Ghost is useless...
#7FeelMyBladePosted 12/24/2012 3:53:32 AM
Thanks for the tip TC.

It makes sense how movement speed applies to ghost, even when aiming down sights. However, I never expect to be invisible to enemy radar when I am ADSing.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-42
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Given:14
#8aheroafakePosted 12/24/2012 5:06:08 AM
Good work, TC. Tagged.
---
"ZOMG YOUR RADAR IS OUT LOLZ I SWEAR IM NOT 5 FT AWAY" - FFrulz2000 on Scrambler Perk
Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man
#9AintThatSeriousPosted 12/24/2012 7:35:19 AM
How about reloading while moving? I always worry about it.
---
"The naked man never misplaces his wallet." - Japanese proverb
Dragon Force (SAT) Enthusiast Extraordinaire Rank III
#10Gallis_OTK(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 9:33:36 AM
10/10

Thanks for the tip TC.

Good work, TC. Tagged.

Thanks for the praise, and you're welcome for the info.

How about reloading while moving? I always worry about it.

I'm pretty sure that would use your normal (walking) movement speed and not the ADS speed.
---
Not changing this line of my sig until (The) Ryback's hunger is satisfied - started 9/24/12
http://i.imgur.com/PMzJP.jpg