Honestly, I think SPM should be paid attention to rather than KD

#31BluesSoul617(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 10:04:42 AM
IVPaleRiderIV posted...
Whatever happened to W/L ratio?

A majority of your games, you'll be playing with randoms. Unless maybe you only play when your friends are on.
---
Blues Soul 617
#32CalvinCandiePosted 12/28/2012 12:06:03 PM
I don't see how that guy is so good. Probably the best player I've ever watched on Youtube. Him and Ronaldinho (spelling may be off)

He's exploiting the hell out of the scorestreaks. Getting swarms just because he got a few kills while capping or defening (worth more than regular kills). Then it doesn't seem like he ever lags.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdba4b2eMJ1r5k6oio1_500.gif
#33zxrax_alt_1Posted 12/28/2012 12:11:13 PM
ITT: my k/d sucks but my SPM is good so let's all go by that!

---
http://www.twitch.tv/vraage || GT: v Raage
i7-3770K @4.46GHz || GTX 680 FTW 4GB || 8GB 2133MHz || ASUS Maximus V Extreme || SSD 840 250GB || 2TB HDD
#34StealthClownPosted 12/28/2012 12:11:54 PM
Whatever happened to W/L ratio?

Only relevant in FFA or League Play. Too much randomness involved when playing solo in a team-based game.
---
GT: Lenient Puddle
#35Erupt50Posted 12/28/2012 12:13:40 PM
Anyone else find it absolutely ridiculous that the leaderboards are based off of spm?
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#36WraithX_959Posted 12/28/2012 12:50:39 PM(edited)
Erupt50 posted...
Anyone else find it absolutely ridiculous that the leaderboards are based off of spm?

Not really, the game is based off of score. Those with the highest SPM are generally the ones that contribute the most to the team. Getting a lot of kills doesn't mean you're getting the highest scores, especially since kills from scorestreaks are weighted less. What scorestreaks do that is important is keep the enemy from gaining scorestreaks and reaching objectives. SPM is meant to level the playing field between players with high K/Ds and the other players who'll probably never get those high K/Ds, yet still contribute greatly to team victories. The only people who hate SPM are the ones worried about their K/D ratios and being at the top of the online leaderboards. Now only the really good players are at the top, not the campers.
#37GOBBluth1Posted 12/28/2012 12:45:48 PM
SnD ruins SPM, so no.
---
I smoke on the mic like smokin' Joe Frazier
GT: WuTang For Kids
#38DeadSPosted 12/28/2012 12:56:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#39DeadSPosted 12/28/2012 12:57:13 PM
DeadS posted...
WraithX_959 posted...
Erupt50 posted...

Not really, the game is based off of score. Those with the highest SPM are generally the ones that contribute the most to the team. Getting a lot of kills doesn't mean you're getting the highest scores, especially since kills from scorestreaks are weighted less. What scorestreaks do that is important is keep the enemy from gaining scorestreaks and reaching objectives. SPM is meant to level the playing between players with high K/Ds and the other players who'll probably never get those high K/Ds, yet still contribute greatly to team victories.

Exactly, even base it off a 10 minute game type.

500 SPM will gain 5000 score
330 SPM will gain 3300 score

Typically whom has more score wins the game. (besides for SPM abuse such as EMP grenades... lasts way too long and way too large of a radius and thru walls for 50 score per assist)

Its quite easy to end up 17-33 with 8000 score in some games, while someone else on your team is 35-11 with only 4500 score. Sure he helped out (forcing people to respawn away) but never really touched an objective so theres a large chance that he will lose the game, and his SPM shows that.

---
"Through time, through space, it will never end."
#40PavlovaOfFearPosted 12/28/2012 1:03:37 PM
DeadS posted...
DeadS posted...
WraithX_959 posted...
Erupt50 posted...

Not really, the game is based off of score. Those with the highest SPM are generally the ones that contribute the most to the team. Getting a lot of kills doesn't mean you're getting the highest scores, especially since kills from scorestreaks are weighted less. What scorestreaks do that is important is keep the enemy from gaining scorestreaks and reaching objectives. SPM is meant to level the playing between players with high K/Ds and the other players who'll probably never get those high K/Ds, yet still contribute greatly to team victories.

Exactly, even base it off a 10 minute game type.

500 SPM will gain 5000 score
330 SPM will gain 3300 score

Typically whom has more score wins the game. (besides for SPM abuse such as EMP grenades... lasts way too long and way too large of a radius and thru walls for 50 score per assist)

Its quite easy to end up 17-33 with 8000 score in some games, while someone else on your team is 35-11 with only 4500 score. Sure he helped out (forcing people to respawn away) but never really touched an objective so theres a large chance that he will lose the game, and his SPM shows that.

You wont ever end up with 8000 score going that bad. My SPM is 455 and I can only keep it even by going good K/D wise. I spam EMP's, C4, roll UAV/CUAV/VSAT, and if you don't have a good K/D AND play the objective, you won't consistently stay above 400. (I only have a 1.46 K/D, but I don't think that represents what I do to help the team well)
---
All 33 gold guns in MW3 + 2500 Desert Eagle kills.