(POLL) Which CoD from MW1 up had the best maps?

#1Model_OmegaPosted 12/29/2012 12:21:35 AM
Best Maps? - Results (119 votes)
Modern Warfare
24.37% (29 votes)
World at War
13.45% (16 votes)
Modern Warfare 2
35.29% (42 votes)
Black Ops
21.01% (25 votes)
Modern Warfare 3
2.52% (3 votes)
Black Ops 2
3.36% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I saw MW2, with WaW close behind.
---
Robot Masters Capcom Should Put in the next Megaman game: Nuclear Man, Pot Man and Calculus Man
#2phatdragon13Posted 12/29/2012 12:25:09 AM
Modern Warfare 1.

It was the only CoD I've ever played where I didn't hate at least one map. Most of the maps ere at least good, with many I thought were great and a few I found to be average or mediocre.

WaW is a close second.
---
XBL Gamertag: nygiantsfan22
#3ICantNameGudPosted 12/29/2012 12:33:30 AM
MW2. Especially with all the expandions. God I loved storm. Plus great maps from COD4 like overgrown snd vacant so yea. MW2. Black ops expansions is second but I didn't play WAW
---
iPhone, typos, apologies.
#4DividerByZeroPosted 12/29/2012 12:55:12 AM
CoD4.

Bog and Creek are awful, but Crash, Backlot, Crossfire, Ambush, and Strike make up for it.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/blueice/TG%20Divider.jpg
#5Lilg2631Posted 12/29/2012 12:58:12 AM
WaW maps were too huge for me. Would of been a good thing if I didn't only play SnD back then. Took me over a minute to run from bomb A to B, or other places on the map to the bomb sites.
---
PSN ID: Lilg31 *You ppl don't seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you! You're locked in here with me!!!!* - Rorschach. SI3 Club 1/21/09
#6mariofan619Posted 12/29/2012 1:18:27 AM
WaW. CoD4 is a close second.

There were overall more good maps in CoD4, but WaW had a few great maps that I LOVED, like:

Castle, Cliffside, Asylum, Hangar and Upheaval.
---
Mini Mii | noone curr
http://sixpop.com/files/9/Annoy.gif
#7Soul_On_DisplayPosted 12/29/2012 1:20:32 AM
CoD4, WaW, MW2, and BO all had amazing maps. I can't even say I hate any map in any of those games. MW2 had my favorite maps, though.

And I'll tell you this: all of them had one thing in common. They all were broad and complex maps that provided breathing space and slower pace, which increased chances of player success.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~TL;DR? Don't care.~
#8DontoganPosted 12/29/2012 1:23:11 AM
Although Modern Warfare only had a single map that I disliked, I choose Black Ops because it had more maps that I really loved.
---
... And all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper, "No."
#9BipBapBamPosted 12/29/2012 1:25:55 AM
Black Ops 1 I loved every single map in that game.

Well, except Array, but yeah.
---
"God, will you tell people who wear life jackets while they are boating that they are garbage?" - Superman070776
#10NejiHyuga900Posted 12/29/2012 3:49:15 PM
I may be a fan of the Black Ops series but Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer maps were my favorite overall. My favorite map from that game, probably Rust... well that's one of them... but I also like Karachi and Terminal a lot... Terminal was my favorite map from MW2. Second favorite, well, I guess Call of Duty 4 and I didn't like that game back in 2007 for personal reasons but my favorite map in that game use to be Shipment (well, it is still my favorite in local multiplayer) but now it is my least favorite map (online) because of raining grenades and Martydom + Sonic Boom (and I really hated Martydom being a perk) so my favorite map from CoD4 would have to be Wetworks.

And for my least favorite map designs in a CoD, umm... I will say World at War. I recently got the game on PC (I did play this game on console but not until after the hacks and I couldn't enjoy it on console and I didn't play it that long). I haven't played every map in World at War but my favorite map so far is Castle. I had to play on offline multiplayer with the bots from the Pezbotwaw mod since many online servers have custom multiplayer maps (and I can't find a server with every original WaW maps) and so far, Castle is my favorite map from WaW.

My ratings of maps for each CoD game I played: MW2 > MW1 > BO2 </> BO1 > MW3 > WaW (I don't know which one I liked more, BO1 or BO2 maps because I do love the easter egg on Nuketown 2025 in BO2 and that is my favorite CoD map)
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900