I guess Treyarch thinks that its really easy to snipe people twice

#31MrBombasticaIPosted 12/29/2012 6:36:21 PM
CashDudeHomie posted...
Lag comp is not the same as anti lag. Stop spreading lies. Lag comp is the game artificially bringing someone's connection to a lower level. Anti lag is synchronizing hit boxes with moving player models.

Confirmed troll. Lag compensation is the system that does that, anti lag is the same f***ing thing dude. You are the one spreading lies.
#32CashDudeHomiePosted 12/29/2012 7:18:18 PM
Not the same thing. Lag comp was not used until MW3. We don't even know for sure if it's in BO2. Treyarch denies it, but there is definitely something causing more lag than usual, even for the host. Post in the Den forums asking if they're the same thing and get laughed at.
---
"I think it's 7lbs... that's how much the wiimote weighs."
-HarukoBass
#33Astro_B0mbPosted 12/29/2012 7:23:27 PM
PharoahPelican posted...
Astro_B0mb posted...
Stopped reading at fmj damage increase, try harder.

Also lrn2aim, I do quite well with the ballista, it is my most uses gun.

You can't say for them to try harder at trolling and then fall for the troll bait.

You cant fall for it after you point it out, silly.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#34MrBombasticaIPosted 12/29/2012 7:35:44 PM
CashDudeHomie posted...
Not the same thing. Lag comp was not used until MW3. We don't even know for sure if it's in BO2. Treyarch denies it, but there is definitely something causing more lag than usual, even for the host. Post in the Den forums asking if they're the same thing and get laughed at.

Listen to yourself right now. "Lag Comp was not used until mw3". https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Lag_compensation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag_%28online_gaming%29#Solutions_and_lag_compensation

Lag Compensation is anti lag, it compensates for the players being behind when lagging and rewinds the server to allow the hitboxes to be on the player model. How this happens is the game uses a player's ping to rewind by an approximate amount of time. The problems with hit detection comes from this. The hitboxes may not ALWAYS be exactly on the model due to the ping being the only thing the game uses. Put it this way. If online chess games need lag compensation, I highly doubt any game before MW3 had no compensation. It was less noticeable because there was less lag. That's right, in MW2 and CoD4, there wasn't a huge amount of lag. So in essence, the problem is the networking system. And anyone saying that the host CANNOT suffer lag without lag comp? The way the P2P works is they still use a central server to process all of the info from the host. Any lag as host comes from having a moderate ping to the central server.
#35aheroafakePosted 12/29/2012 8:32:52 PM
PharoahPelican posted...
aheroafake posted...
Nidtendofreak posted...
No it doesn't.

Learn2read, notblindlyfollowcharts

Or better yet

Stoptrolling

Well IW and Treyarch should put the REAL stats for weapons in the game or better yet, just not display the stats arval. Then there wouldn't be any confusion. They mislead people by putting fake stats up.

100% agree. Then we don't need to go to weapon charts to find out gun stats and it would make them more accountable to make their weapons balanced. If there is a blatantly obvious best gun and we can see the real stats to confirm that then they should be more likely to keep it so one gun doesn't trump all others.

But it IS IW and Treyarch so they'd probably make a gun ridiculously OP, put in the real stats, and just straight not give a ****.

Exactly. There wouldn't be a problem if they wouldn't put up misleading stats. I know they have to balance guns so I don't see the point in them lying about stats. Honestly, what is the point of showing us stats that don't even factually represent how the weapon performs in the game? There is absolutely no point in that whatsoever. I understand that guns may be more powerful than others and it isn't completely simple to balance guns but they could try. That is if they even care.
---
"ZOMG YOUR RADAR IS OUT LOLZ I SWEAR IM NOT 5 FT AWAY" - FFrulz2000 on Scrambler Perk
Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man
#36CashDudeHomiePosted 1/3/2013 9:54:44 PM(edited)
Lag comp and anti-lag are different terms in the CoD community than in the Valve community.

Someone threw out the term "lag comp" when MW3 came out and the Youtube commentators and CoD community ran with it. So when a CoD player says lag comp, they're referring to artificial lag.

http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=4093&page=1#69201

---
"I think it's 7lbs... that's how much the wiimote weighs."
-HarukoBass