This game is better than CoD4.

#71no1oblivionfanPosted 12/31/2012 11:47:37 AM
You're right.

But since more people prefer CoD4 to BO:II it makes it a better game..for them.
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
#72NejiHyuga900Posted 12/31/2012 12:20:09 PM(edited)
Multiplayer
When I first played Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back in 2007, I had a really frustrating time since it was so different from Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Halo 1-3, and Gears of War (in those games, you had a lot of health but in CoD games, a few bullet kills you). I rage quit CoD4's multiplayer and went back to Gears of War's and Halo 3's multiplayer where it was easier for me.

At this point, I find CoD4's multiplayer to be alright (now that I am use CoD's gameplay since MW2) but the soundtrack brings back that nostalgic-nightmarish feeling for me. :( So do I like BO2 more than CoD4? Yes, and BO2 is my favorite CoD game on console (while WaW is my favorite CoD game on PC).

TC isn't trolling in my opinion. I too like the CoD games for features rather than gameplay. Pretty much, I like the newer CoD games more than than the older ones but WaW will always be my favorite and I recently got that too; I am enjoying zombies a lot (yay for custom zombie maps!) and multiplayer but in the multiplayer, I play against bots via Pezbotswaw v0.5 mod and I am really having fun compared to BO2. But I still don't like CoD4 that much since there isn't that many interesting features.

And now for the campaign. In CoD4 (as well as every other CoD game I played before BO2), all I did was complete the game on Veteran (and CoD4 was my first and it was very frustrating but kept continue) and collect all intel. After that I never returned to the campaign (very low replay value for me). However in BO2, the campaign is actually has a replay value for me since BO2 has multiple branching stories (I can replay the game to see other outcomes) custom loadout (yeah! I am loving it and it makes Veteran easy!), challenges (gives me something to do after completing the game and collecting all intel), and Strike Force missions (they can be difficult but they are something new).

My ratings for each feature in CoD4 and BO2:
- Campaign: BO2 > CoD4
- Zombies/Spec Ops: BO2 > CoD4 by a lot (the only Spec Ops mission CoD4 had was Miles High Club and it was very frustrating)
- Multiplayer: BO2 > CoD4 in terms of features but CoD4 > BO2 in terms of gameplay (since connection and spawns are better in CoD4 than BO2 but I like BO2 for features and when I play video game sequels, I just look for the features).
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#73GamingAntPosted 12/31/2012 12:11:22 PM
COD2
MW2
BO1
COD4
BO2
WAW
COD3
MW3
---
I'll have a number nine, a number nine large, a number six with extra sauce, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one wit' cheese, and a large soda
#74lil_bandit18Posted 12/31/2012 12:11:34 PM
This game isn't even in the same tier as cod4. chances are tc is like 17 now, so he was like 12 when cod4 came out and was a scrub.
---
TM 87
http://i.imgur.com/SfVGv.jpg
#75Nordini(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 12:23:51 PM
poopninjamvc3mk posted...
Let's talk about what really matters

COD4 Hit Detection>>>>>>>>>>>>BO2 Hit Detection
COD4 Spawns>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BO2 Spawns
COD4 Maps>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BO2 Maps
COD4 Overall Netcode>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BO2 Netcode

COD4 Graphics<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<BO2 Graphics

Kinda funny how a game made in 2007/08 outdoes the essentials of a game made in 2012.

It seems the people in this topic are divided with a slight majority agreeing that this is better than CoD4 unless you count the heartlesscharms trolls.
However, for those that aren't trying to be trolls this seems to be the argument they pose for CoD4 being better. I guess i should address this then:

Firstly, netcode. Do you even know what netcode is? Probably not, it's just something you've heard around these forums from other people that do not know what netcode is. You're referring to the basic coding of the game and how it responds to the online featuresIf you're insinuating that CoD4 has better basic coding/programming than Black Ops 2 you're most definitely wrong. One doesn't even have to be an expert or look at the code to know this. The developers of Black Ops 2 have so much more funding, knowledge, and experience than any developer did at the time of CoD4's creation. They do hear your complaints and Treyarch most certainly put in as much effort as they could to the basic coding of the game. The "netcode" and the "hit detection" you speak of are the same thing. At least they are caused by the same thing.

It's not the coding that is any worse or different. It's the sheer size of people playing the game as well as the amount of content the game has to deal with at once. CoD4 has NEVER had to deal with even close to the amount of players that BO2 has to deal with at all times, and obviously, as stated previously, the amount of content in BO2 is far greater and puts far greater stress on the game's engine. This is inevitable, and they do the best with what they have for this.

This is why when all these thousands of kids complain "fix the ****ing game Treyarch! Fix it!" I'm sure the lead programmer at Treyarch is like "**** you, you ignorant kid. You have no idea what you are talking about and therefore cannot understand why this game can't simply be "fixed"

You are left with two points:
-Maps
-Spawns

Maps are completely your opinion. You may say CoD4 had the best maps but i didn't like any CoD4 maps except for Crash and Overgrown. I and many other people thought World at War had the best maps, just as many other people thought MW2 had the best. This is completely your opinion.

Spawns are probably your only valid point, but spawns are very closely related to the map itself. There is only so much you can do with a particular map. I've found that spawns aren't a problem if you're playing objective games like Domination. I only run into spawn problems when i play TDM.
---
Gentlemen know that embezzlement, insider trading,tax fraud and similar activities are not actually crimes.Crimes are committed by poor people and involve guns.
#76NejiHyuga900Posted 12/31/2012 12:25:48 PM
From: lil_bandit18 | Posted: 12/31/2012 2:11:34 PM | #074
This game isn't even in the same tier as cod4. chances are tc is like 17 now, so he was like 12 when cod4 came out and was a scrub.

I know I was a "scrub" when I first played CoD4. First played it when I was like 16 years old and it was my first CoD game and my first shooter game that players die within 2-3 bullets instead of a whole clip. I could not get use to CoD's gameplay until MW2 (and I didn't want to get another CoD game after my horrible experience with CoD4 but my younger cousin wanted it) and I eventually enjoyed it and got better at it (but not anymore since there are so many quickscopers, hackers, and trickshotters). 20 years old right now and my CoD skills are still average... below average (always under 1.00 K/D in every CoD game, except for WaW PC but I have only play against bots in it with the pezbot mod) but my skills are better than they were in CoD4. I couldn't enjoy CoD4 like everyone else did (and I was a Halo fan during that time and before that time).
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#77THOMASNATORPosted 12/31/2012 12:33:15 PM
Delicious lick of paint, lovely new weapons and tighter aiming, netcode which should be fixed in a little, and just a great atmosphere all round. Sorry Gaz, but I really do like Black Ops 2. And I'm not just saying that because I bought the Season Pass.
---
To innovate is good, to stand and innovate is better. Proud to have beaten BBCSEX Arcade mode first go.
GT: THOMA5NATOR