So I definitely need clarification on Bloodthirsty camo.

#1Foxx3kPosted 1/1/2013 10:19:31 PM
Is it get a Bloodthirsty medal using only the weapon in question, or is it get 5-kills in one life using only the weapon in question?

I feel like it's the latter - I feel like I know that from experience. But I think I'm just crazy.

I'm trying to do the sniper rifle Bloodthirsties now and I cannot do it. I can't get them. I'm far too reliant on using a pistol to distance myself if they get close. By nerfing myself and not loading a pistol, I struggle to get three-kill streaks.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#2ICantNameGudPosted 1/1/2013 10:21:36 PM
5 kills with that weapon in one life is the requirement. I figured that was obvious from reading the challenge but after seeing a few threads here I guess this confused a lot of people.

For snipers just be "that guy" on Carrier....
---
iPhone, typos, apologies.
#3fatclemenzaPosted 1/1/2013 10:22:47 PM
You can get the 5 kills out of order. Its not actually a "bloodthirsty medal". If you get 3 kills with the gun, then 2 with your sidearm, then 2 with the gun, you get credit.
---
Me and my uncle went ridin' down, South Colorado, West Texas bound
BO2 Combat Record - http://tinyurl.com/cxvk9xr
#4Foxx3k(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 10:27:50 PM
ICantNameGud posted...
5 kills with that weapon in one life is the requirement. I figured that was obvious from reading the challenge but after seeing a few threads here I guess this confused a lot of people.

For snipers just be "that guy" on Carrier....

I had assumed that it was the case where five kills in a life counted, but I was looking for a confirmation.

And actually the wording on the description makes it obvious that it's anything but what you just said.
"Get a Bloodthirsty medal using only the weapon."
Taken at its word, that means you need to get all five kills and the medal using nothing but the weapon.

But, thank you for your input regardless.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#5theFEMAcamperPosted 1/1/2013 10:51:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6yutterhPosted 1/1/2013 10:56:49 PM
For me it seemed i had to get the medal for it to count. Haven't noticed it without.
---
Good news everyone! - Hubert Farnsworth
What do you mean "we", flesh-tube? - bender
#7chessmyantidrugPosted 1/1/2013 11:13:12 PM
It's incredibly easy to get five consecutive kills. Why does there need to be clarification?
#8PavlovaOfFearPosted 1/2/2013 12:39:31 AM
I'd pay for a bloodthirsty camo
---
All 33 gold guns in MW3 + 2500 Desert Eagle kills.
#9Foxx3k(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 6:20:13 AM
chessmyantidrug posted...
It's incredibly easy to get five consecutive kills. Why does there need to be clarification?

Well, I think I explained the situation pretty clearly in my original post. So ... you need a clarification because you can't understand things, I guess.
---
#10ManInBlack_77Posted 1/2/2013 6:37:28 AM
I believe as long as you get five kills with that weapon in one life it counts. Even though it says "earn a Bloodthirsty" the actual awarding of the medal is irrelevant.

Also, if you are playing a gametype broken into rounds your streak does NOT carry over between rounds for purposes of the camo challenge. For instance, if you get 3 kills right at the end of round one of Domination, round endsm start round 2 and kill 2 guys, the Bloodthirsty medal will pop up, but it won't register on the camo challenge. I had this happen at least half a dozen times to me when I was working on the challenges so I am 100% sure of it.

Unless it's been patched of course, it's been weeks since I was working on any of that. I should clarify as well I only have tested that in Dom but I assume it applies to every mode with rounds.
---
Time magazine's Man of the Year in 2006! Really. Google it if you don't believe me.