People were so excited about Iron Sights Sniping pre-release....

#11The_ShaderPosted 1/2/2013 12:37:29 AM
Wow...

I love it. The insane peripheral vision, the iron sight zoom, and the feeling of superority of out sniping someone thats using the FAL or sniper across the map....

A scope isnt necessary... the sniping locations are obvious and predictable. The low zoom works in hand with up close shots for lambs sprinting around corners for the slaughter...

Whenever i play League matches, i ALWAY have a iron sight balista loadout ready to go

If you can take the FAL and put a single bullet into someone into "Long Shot" distance without using a sight... you can dominate with the Balista + Iron Sight
---
"Lower thine guard and thou'rt allowing the enemy in" - Frog
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" - Happy Mask Salesman
#12ingo4Posted 1/2/2013 2:16:00 AM
Do all the snipers have the option for irons?

If I had a decent connection you could bet that I'd be using it. Last time I had a good time with a bolt action in those regards was with the Mosin on World at War.
---
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
#13_AIbert_Posted 1/2/2013 2:35:51 AM(edited)

If I had a decent connection you could bet that I'd be using it. Last time I had a good time with a bolt action in those regards was with the Mosin on World at War.

Only the Balista :(
---
http://burnie.com/
#14lolcharizardPosted 1/2/2013 2:46:37 AM
_AIbert_ posted...

Only the Balista :(

The DSR 50 has the iron sights attachment...in zombies.
---
Mike Dawson never returned to the carnival, ever again.
#15RapaleemanPosted 1/2/2013 5:00:09 AM
The reason people don't use it is because a lot of people don't have it unlocked.

I actually really like it in gun game but honestly the grind to level 11 with the Ballista for a non-sniper is pretty long and for me at least, boring.

I hate sniping in most CoD games due to map size. They just aren't big enough unlike say Battlefield. Sure most maps, even Hijacked, have decent line of sights but due to the terrible spawns and just fast killing weapons in general, sniping puts you at an immediate disadvantage. This is without mentioning the terrible hit detection/lag nonsense that renders sniping at times mute.

I perma unlocked the Ballista this prestige and have been grinding to get the irons but it is just a chore for me. I did finally get the ACOG and it is going a little faster. Also helps that the OSOK camo unlocks are pretty easy so it makes it go a little faster. I think I made it up to extended mags over the course of 2 days (I used it for like 10 kills in a prior prestige).

Looking forward to finally unlocking them maybe this weekend but I am definitely not prestiging the gun or even trying for gold. I don't snipe enough and I don't care enough about a camo to even try to use this thing with a scope again.
---
"Cover your receptors Perceptor."
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.
#16Majik25Posted 1/2/2013 5:03:25 AM
The hit detection on it is the worst gun in the entire COD series.
---
Xbox Live Gt - Majik518
#17BeastlyIguanaPosted 1/2/2013 5:55:26 AM
ICantNameGud posted...
The sights themselves are huge and provide terrible sight, the swat is too severe and you cannot hold breath to steady. All of that eliminates its range (IE the whole ****ing point of a sniper) and it scopes in and re-chambers at the same speed so it provides to CQC advantage.

It's not even useless, it's detrimental.

False. You can hold your breath with the irons.
---
Who the **** vacuums a window?
#18Bat178Posted 1/2/2013 6:01:46 AM
The SVU-AS should have had iron sights instead. It actually has iron sights in reality, and would work better as it is semi-automatic and could be used like a semi-auto assault rifle.
---
Awww, isn't that cute? He thinks he can beat me!
#19xirishxPosted 1/2/2013 8:38:50 AM
Ballista Iron Sights is very fun to use, but only in a "haha, I just defeated you using an inferior weapon" kind of way.

Not unlike running knives only, pistols only, etc

Like most have said here, it's practically a worse version of the KSG...the KSG can aim down sights quicker, OSK anywhere to the body (within range), better hip fire accuracy, huge magazine...the Ballista's only advantage over the KSG is OSK from any range.

But even so, I love using Ballista Iron Sights and do just fine with it. Here is a clip from a game where I went 54-10 in kill confirmed. (naturally, ignore the theater mode crappiness where it looks like I was aiming behind the person)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yrcB2bNyZw