Are you buying the map packs for this game?

#21GRTooCoolPosted 1/2/2013 4:04:44 AM
Not buying it (nor have I ever), because $60 is already more than enough the first time. All the maps already made, intentionally held back to be released every couple of months. Say no to greed.
---
Anyone who supports DLC of any kind deserves a swift kick to the balls... repeatedly. Take a stand! Stop giving companies extra pocket money.
#22CalvinCandiePosted 1/2/2013 4:38:16 AM
DestinysSonNeji posted...
No, because there will be a new Call of Duty in about ten months.

I've never purchased maps because of this reason.

Haha, that's a pretty interesting way of thinking about it. I haven't heard this line of reasoning before.

Until they make DLC maps compatible with all CODs I'm done. Used to get them for Zombies, but I'm done with that too. I get a map pack for $60 every year.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdba4b2eMJ1r5k6oio1_500.gif
#23torey_caylorPosted 1/2/2013 4:54:27 AM
I'm waiting till i see some gameplays first AND connectivity fix. Even if the maps turn out to be the best ever i'm not buying them if they don't do anything about lag and micro stuttering.

Since i won't be buying MW4 i may as well get DLC to prolong me the life span of Blops 2. 16 maps is basically a new COD.
#24CalvinCandiePosted 1/2/2013 5:10:25 AM
Why would you want to prolong the life of this craptacular full of flaws game?
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdba4b2eMJ1r5k6oio1_500.gif
#25Jeh64Posted 1/2/2013 5:22:22 AM
Probably skipping it.
#26RapaleemanPosted 1/2/2013 5:38:03 AM
I'm waiting until at least the second pack to determine if I'm buying the pass.

I got burned on the MW3 one (I take responsibility for the purchase but not for the false promises). The maps for that game were all poopy (plus the dumb face off nonsense). The maps for this game aren't much better.

I have not typically liked most map packs for CoD titles. It also hurts me a little more than the norm since I hate Zombies with a passion so I am in essence buying a piece of content I will never use.

With that said, I will say that Grind at least has me interested though the little info released about the other maps look rather boring. I also don't care about another SMG so that content is also wasted on me. Now if other pieces of DLC bring better/different weapons then maybe I could be tempted to at least purchase one of the packs. As it stands it is a maybe but I am leaning towards a no.
---
"Cover your receptors Perceptor."
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.
#27videogames2004Posted 1/2/2013 5:58:17 AM
I usually only make it through the second map pack before I have lost interest and moved on. I'll see what they offer. I'm not too keen on Zombies,

If they keep offering new guns and new challenges, though, that might get me to stick around a bit longer.
#28BrownGottiPosted 1/2/2013 6:25:48 AM
I'll buy them individually. Who knows how long I'll be playing this game. Don't want to drop 50 on a map pack i won't care about in June.
#29ShawcrossPosted 1/2/2013 6:40:32 AM
I haven't bought a map pack since BO1 to be honest. Never cared for map packs since it mainly becomes a borefest with people hiding all over the place even worse than in the default maps. This is coming from a KC/TDM player so it's probably a lot different for objective games.
---
I upload mundane videos
http://www.youtube.com/TheSeattleGamer
#30KuyaJSPosted 1/2/2013 6:43:36 AM
I've bought Map Packs since MW2 and on both 360 and PS3 til MW3, but no I don't think I'll be getting any map packs because I am so bored or burnt out on COD and maybe gaming as a whole.
---
You mad?