How the hell do one have fun losing?

#1ssupermario92Posted 1/2/2013 1:46:56 AM
explain to me gamefawks, why do people get the most enjoyment out of any game from losing. I know for damn sure that I don't have fun losing, some you don't like losing, hell i know pro team (both sports and esports) sure as hell don't like losing.

So what gives? And don't give me that "it's just a game" crap. I know it is, but to how can going 2/19 on obj gametypes not helping your team(dragging your team) be "fun" for you.
---
Super Mario Bros. 3 is better then Super Mario World
People who agree: 36 PM if you think so as well
#2HeartlessCharmsPosted 1/2/2013 1:49:11 AM
That's one thing I will never understand.
Also, Munch is really swole.
---
Peace, and much love to you.
#3Storm_risingPosted 1/2/2013 2:02:52 AM
I don't have fun losing either, but for me losing means getting better.. Learn from your mistakes.. If a player is better, and beats me fairly, I dont like it, but I dont have a problem losing either.. What pisses me off is guys who cant play and have to cheat..
---
The pacific demon
#4cheese_game619Posted 1/2/2013 2:06:22 AM
they are obviously focusing on a different element of the game that they like

maybe they like making people like you mad
---
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg
#5ingo4Posted 1/2/2013 2:23:32 AM
Depends. If the game just came out, I'm appreciating several facets of the game as I play. Even dying can be enjoyable if it was entertaining. Also it helps if you don't care weather you win or not at that point and just have fun. Of course, winning is the objective (usually) and that's what I'll be playing towards, but getting there is half the fun.

Course after the "novelty" , if you will, has worn off, yeah, getting your ass kicked is not normally fun.
---
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
#6TecmoB0Posted 1/2/2013 2:29:48 AM
i will never understand the guy that has the .9 kdr that plays the game "for fun".
---
Despondent transponder
#7BTzzPosted 1/2/2013 2:31:15 AM
Go try playing counterstrike on PC, you might understand some. This is just a lot more difficult for some people than we really think it would be. It's foreign to them. Doesn't mean they can't try to enjoy it.
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#8Halo_ForeverPosted 1/2/2013 3:36:12 AM
ssupermario92 posted...
explain to me gamefawks, why do people get the most enjoyment out of any game from losing. I know for damn sure that I don't have fun losing, some you don't like losing, hell i know pro team (both sports and esports) sure as hell don't like losing.

So what gives? And don't give me that "it's just a game" crap. I know it is, but to how can going 2/19 on obj gametypes not helping your team(dragging your team) be "fun" for you.

Losing doesn't need to be getting roflstomped, you can have a tight exciting match.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#9chessmyantidrugPosted 1/2/2013 3:41:24 AM
I hate losing. I carry my teams to blowout losses way too often. I had a game with over 30 confirms and my team still lost.
#10curtlandPosted 1/2/2013 3:46:54 AM
1. It IS just a game.
2. The times you do bad make the times you do good THAT much sweeter.
3. If doing poorly in a game pisses you off THAT much, you need to rethink your priorities or get counseling.
4. It IS just a game. I play cards and go bowling and go golfing with friends all the time and the objective isn't to WIN... it's to have fun.

It's really quite simple.
---
Only idoits can't spell.