How the hell do one have fun losing?

#21torey_caylorPosted 1/2/2013 4:45:57 AM(edited)
The way i don't get angry anymore is if i notice i'm playing with complete idiots and my team as a whole is just getting destroyed, i stop caring about objective and start being annoying/wrecking the enemy teams K/D. Equipping the shotgun class, messing up spawns etc. So even when they win they won't feel like they had a good game lol.

It's especially hilarious seeing those "good" high prestigers quitting even though they're winning cause K/D is not where it's supposed to be.

Or i'll resort to trolling my team's snipers with corner trapping and smoke. If you have like 3 camping snipers in your team forget it, that's almost a guaranteed loss. Those people are useless.
#22EarthBusterPosted 1/2/2013 6:01:24 AM
Sorry, but "it's just a game" is the most valid argument you can make. That aside, if you're playing ANY game and you're not winning, that means you're being challenged which to me is what keeps a game interesting and thus entertaining. While I don't think anyone would say they enjoy losing all the time, if you never lost I'd think you'd get bored pretty quick.

Of course if you just want to play a game to win all the time, by all means grab any random game off the shelf, fire up the single player and crank the difficulty as low as it goes.
---
Everyday's great at your Junes!
#23trakrunr4evrPosted 1/2/2013 6:02:52 AM
Winning isn't everything to some people. They don't need to win to have fun.
---
GT: Stelthmastr
#24HeartlessCharmsPosted 1/2/2013 1:10:43 PM
chessmyantidrug posted...
curtland posted...
1. It IS just a game.
2. The times you do bad make the times you do good THAT much sweeter.
3. If doing poorly in a game pisses you off THAT much, you need to rethink your priorities or get counseling.
4. It IS just a game. I play cards and go bowling and go golfing with friends all the time and the objective isn't to WIN... it's to have fun.

It's really quite simple.

When you play well and still lose, it's frustrating. When I wasn't good at Call of Duty, I didn't care. Getting skill was one of the worst things I've ever done.

This so much.
---
Peace, and much love to you.
#25SAMCROftwPosted 1/2/2013 1:22:19 PM
How the hell do one get better at grammar
#26trakrunr4evrPosted 1/2/2013 1:23:44 PM
HeartlessCharms posted...
chessmyantidrug posted...
curtland posted...
1. It IS just a game.
2. The times you do bad make the times you do good THAT much sweeter.
3. If doing poorly in a game pisses you off THAT much, you need to rethink your priorities or get counseling.
4. It IS just a game. I play cards and go bowling and go golfing with friends all the time and the objective isn't to WIN... it's to have fun.

It's really quite simple.

When you play well and still lose, it's frustrating. When I wasn't good at Call of Duty, I didn't care. Getting skill was one of the worst things I've ever done.

This so much.

This is very true. I went 60+ with less than 10 deaths and 40+ confirms the other day and my team still lost. I turned my XBOX off after that game.
---
GT: Stelthmastr
#27duericPosted 1/2/2013 1:28:55 PM
For the same reason people have fun playing Demon Souls and dying over and over.

It's a game, man. Whether you like to believe that or not is up to you. The problem with Gamefaqs is people here give themselves way too much credit.

What kills me is, people take gaming so seriously these days. While in real organized sports, everyone gets a f***** trophy so as not to hurt anyone's feelings.

What happened?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#28HeartlessCharmsPosted 1/2/2013 1:31:23 PM
dueric posted...
For the same reason people have fun playing Demon Souls and dying over and over.

It's a game, man. Whether you like to believe that or not is up to you. The problem with Gamefaqs is people here give themselves way too much credit.

What kills me is, people take gaming so seriously these days. While in real organized sports, everyone gets a f***** trophy so as not to hurt anyone's feelings.

What happened?

Not the same reason at all.
People play DS because of the challenge and extreme punishment. There's nothing like that in CoD.
---
Peace, and much love to you.
#29flagg2kplusPosted 1/2/2013 1:32:57 PM
Unless you are trolling, I too can't understand how anyone can have fun losing or doing bad.

Winning isn't everything, but it's the only thing that matters.
---
Making guns illegal will end gun violence right? They should make murder illegal too. No more murder. They should make rape illegal! No more rape! Drugs too...
#30darren_schaffPosted 1/2/2013 1:36:35 PM
ahhhh you will go nuts on my team lol.. Im prestige 10 lvl 25 and I have been ranking up without killing anyone (Intentionally).

My goal is to reach prestige master with no kills and only caps/assists/blowing up killstreaks.

I put uav and care package as my kill streaks and boy I have fun when I actually get a care package ... I throw it down and if it is a KS that gets kills I give it to teammates. I've given a swarm to somebody because of it.

It's a game I have fun playing the game the way I want to play.
---
GT: DingDongPwns