How the hell do one have fun losing?

#41CalvinCandiePosted 1/2/2013 2:22:07 PM
i will never understand the guy that has the .9 kdr that plays the game "for fun".

Him and a bunch of stoners are sitting around his living room, having a hilarious time watching his die constantly. The main pothead then proceeds to interpret the laughter as positive reinforcement which encourages him to continue his actions as this person is an endorphins junkie and craves both attention and weed.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdba4b2eMJ1r5k6oio1_500.gif
#42duericPosted 1/2/2013 2:24:24 PM
CalvinCandie posted...
i will never understand the guy that has the .9 kdr that plays the game "for fun".

Him and a bunch of stoners are sitting around his living room, having a hilarious time watching his die constantly. The main pothead then proceeds to interpret the laughter as positive reinforcement which encourages him to continue his actions as this person is an endorphins junkie and craves both attention and weed.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Stoners don't have the attention span to interpret laughter.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#43CalvinCandiePosted 1/2/2013 2:29:18 PM
It happens on a subconscious level.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdba4b2eMJ1r5k6oio1_500.gif
#44namewitheldPosted 1/2/2013 2:29:51 PM
If everyone was equally good games would be stalemates. Of all people yous lot should be thankful of the mal co-ordinated they make your stats better.
#45BiggyDXPosted 1/2/2013 2:35:05 PM
I don't necessarily think its the loss of the match, more than it is being killed by a single player when you thought you had the advantage or we're simply outplayed in a situation.

Me personally, if I lose a match I take it for what it is and try again in the next match. I try to make sure at its core I still have fun at the end of the day. Heck, sometimes even when I get killed I get a laugh out of it.

I was playing Plaza and when I tried to make it out onto the top floor upwards the escalator, someone stabbed me from the side and completely scared the crap out of me. Afterwards I couldn't stop laughing about how he basically ninja'd me. I even sent him a message about how well played it was and he returned with good gesture.

Moral of the story: You get better as you go. And while I understand some people see it as a hobby and something to brag about, to me it takes away something from the game if you get really serious and angry after losing when you're supposed to be having fun. Dont slave over a 3 digit number that won't mean a thing when you turn off your console. You'll find yourself doing better that way.
---
Gamertag: My user name
#46bagmupPosted 1/2/2013 2:44:54 PM
darren_schaff posted...
ahhhh you will go nuts on my team lol.. Im prestige 10 lvl 25 and I have been ranking up without killing anyone (Intentionally).

My goal is to reach prestige master with no kills and only caps/assists/blowing up killstreaks.

I put uav and care package as my kill streaks and boy I have fun when I actually get a care package ... I throw it down and if it is a KS that gets kills I give it to teammates. I've given a swarm to somebody because of it.

It's a game I have fun playing the game the way I want to play.

Respect.
#47yediPosted 1/2/2013 3:04:17 PM
the worst(or sometimes best, as it can be quite hilarious if you know you're just roflstomping the host) loss is the one where you were winning and the host drops causing EVERYONE to lose the match. Nothing stings like a 74-40 score, with a last second host drop cutting the legs out from under your awesome game and win streak.

But yeah, some people I don't understand why they stick with games where they're doing especially badly. My roommate looks at me oddly when I lobby hop looking for a game that's playable, while I on the other hand can't figure out why, when he's powersliding into crap territory, he sticks with the game he's been put in when it's clear the lag isn't gonna suddenly get better, his team is clearly full of bleach drinkers, and he's going to lose with a final score of like something terrible like 3 and 15 anyways. Instead of just leaving with his KDR somewhat intact and finding a room that isn't total trash, he hunkers down and rages as he gets dragged into X-mas noob levels of utter defeat then shuts the game off in frustration.

I mean, props for sticking it out I guess, but seriously, I give a room 3 bull crap deaths then I'm out(ie: pulling 6 hit markers with the KSG on someone at ~10m with the long barrel attachment then not only not getting the kill but going down in what appears to be 1 shot from their SMG aimed the wrong way). When you're going 0-27(the worst I've seen so far), please, JUST LEAVE, you're crippling the team with your suck by feeding the enemy team points and score streaks and making it worse for everyone around you...
---
XBL: rune yedi WII:7327 0713 1219 5379 PS3: yedi
yedi.deviantart.com