Why do you think the COD series is dying?

#21duericPosted 1/2/2013 4:04:01 PM
PharoahPelican posted...
ish0turfac3 posted...
Dying? Wtf are you smoking?

IIRC this game, and MW3, haven't sold as well as past CoDs.

As long as the number at the end of the fiscal year under Call Of Duty X is black, it's a success.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#22LoshadtPosted 1/2/2013 4:06:28 PM(edited)
You play on PC, isn't that the reason CoD PC isn't as popular? Since many PC shooters can run on high frames?

CoD is primarily a console game and is marketed as such. Not to say that it's a bad thing, but that's where the market is. It set a precedent on consoles, but it does nothing to attract the average PC gamer outside of having the system requirements of a high-end MSDOS game.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
I <3 Jesus.
#23Smallville_FanPosted 1/2/2013 4:16:04 PM
Smallville_Fan posted...
ish0turfac3 posted...

8 days after Christmas and only 600,000 online? Yes, that means it's dying.

Yes. Nobody has gone back to work, school, their lives...

This game may be rushed every year, and it may be noob friendly garbage, and it may not run 60 fps. But it's huge fan base will grow with every kid that says, "mom I want cod for x-mas."

This game is going nowhere!
In both getting better and dying off.

That is all.

Funny how on the 2nd of January 2012 MW3 had over 1m players online. This doesn't. It's nothing to do with their personal lives, the game is in decline. And this game is always going to be ruined by people who choose to sit in corners and camp their ass off, slowing the game down to a snails pace. It's not getting better, it's just the same.

dueric posted...
Smallville_Fan posted...
ish0turfac3 posted...
Dying? Wtf are you smoking?

8 days after Christmas and only 600,000 online? Yes, that means it's dying.

Show me one other game with even half that right now.

I'm sorry, I thought we were discussing Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and if it is dying or not, not other games and their communities? COD is on the decline. As stated in my reply up there, there is less players on it and it's going to keep declining like this. It's just the way it is.
---
Taken: The best movie ever.
B.Sc of Computer Games Design
#24BrockObanaPosted 1/2/2013 4:16:06 PM
I can't say COD is dying but BF is definitely giving it a hard time now.
This game did really well.
---
"I'm going to block this kid for the same reason as I mute screaming 12-year olds in the game." -COD hero-
#25RBEMPosted 1/2/2013 4:25:59 PM
I'd say it is in decline in terms of the quality of experience. Pick 10 is a great idea, and the killstreaks and weapons systems in Blops 2 are better than Blops 1, but then Treyarch screw with things like SBMM, lag comp (neither of which needed to be 'fixed') and a generally bad collection of maps.

League play has died on it's arse too. Has anyone actually watched a CoDcast or been a CoDcaster? They need to concentrate on what makes a great experience for the millions who play CoD all year round instead of novelties and trying to help the casuals who are going to be destroyed no matter what.
---
GT: x Pearl o
#26uchihajuan176Posted 1/2/2013 4:27:46 PM
LOL Call of Duty will never die no matter how much you want it too.
---
GT: Ayooooooo JJB
MH Tri : JJB HR 131
#27BipBapBamPosted 1/2/2013 4:30:02 PM
jakethenoob posted...
BipBapBam posted...
ITT: 500k+ people online daily means the game is dying.

Lots of people still play it that means there's nothing wrong with the game right guys?

When did I ever say it didn't? FYI I hate this game.
---
"God, will you tell people who wear life jackets while they are boating that they are garbage?" - Superman070776
#28duericPosted 1/2/2013 4:32:19 PM
Smallville_Fan posted...

I'm sorry, I thought we were discussing Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and if it is dying or

We are. You're not.

What you're doing is playing message board.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#29BoxTheMuppetPosted 1/2/2013 4:35:59 PM
Smallville...change your game type if you run into campers. I play domination, kc, demolition, hp, sticks and stones and rarely see campers.
If those rare instances bring you to a "snails pace" you may want to up your ADD meds and cut out the caffeine.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#30mattl4555Posted 1/2/2013 4:46:50 PM(edited)
They set new records for game sales every time they release a new game

Black ops 2 sold 1 billion in 15 days