Why do you think the COD series is dying?

#31Superman070776Posted 1/2/2013 5:46:23 PM
People hate things that are successful. COD isn't dying...it is only attacked by internet-hate kids who still buy it anyway, just so they can complain. COD will be around for the next generation of consoles, and maybe even the one after that. People will buy it, and most of us will continue to enjoy it. Ignore the haters and play what you enjoy playing.
---
Game Devs...you will never please all of these complainers...so just ignore them and keep giving the rest of us the games we like.
#32jasonkingmarkPosted 1/2/2013 5:49:59 PM
PharoahPelican posted...
ish0turfac3 posted...
Dying? Wtf are you smoking?

IIRC this game, and MW3, haven't sold as well as past CoDs.

um...MW3 broke the record for the most sales of anything ever on release day. And i think blops2 made a billion quicker than mw3 did in the first 10 days or something like that.

if that means COD is dying then i guess its dead as a door nail then!

oh and by the way halo board is that way pal---->
#33bigt2002Posted 1/2/2013 5:50:05 PM
The game made record setting sales its opening night, opening weekend, and is still one of the hottest games of 2012 leading into 2013. It isn't going anywhere.
---
"Things You Own, End Up Owning You" - Tyler Durden
#34NejiHyuga900Posted 1/2/2013 6:31:15 PM
I can compare Call of Duty with the Sonic the Hedgehog video game franchise in terms of favoritism by fans.

CoD1-3 are like the Sonic games on the Genesis (they started the series and did well). CoD4 and WaW were favored by many CoD fans and the Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 were favored by many Sonic fans (however, I love Sonic Adventures 1 & 2 but I didn't like CoD4 because I did terrible but I loved the PC version of WaW). Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & Black Ops 1 are like Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog (they were both good or average, but they weren't favored as much as CoD4 and WaW). Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 were the games that brought there franchise to a 'huge downfall by many fans but their next game, Sonic Unleashed and Call of Duty: Black Ops II did a bit better than the previous game by many fans but it wasn't enough to redeem themselves.

It is possible that Call of Duty 10 and 11 could be the Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations (the games that redeemed/resurrected the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise by many fans) of the CoD franchise (but I will doubt it unless if they are going to be made in a new FPS engine) but Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward must to it right. If they fail, then those games will be like Sonic 06 again and the CoD franchise is doomed, just like the Guitar Hero franchise (I miss Guitar Hero! ;_; ).
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#35Superman070776Posted 1/2/2013 6:40:54 PM
NejiHyuga900 posted...
I can compare Call of Duty with the Sonic the Hedgehog video game franchise in terms of favoritism by fans.

CoD1-3 are like the Sonic games on the Genesis (they started the series and did well). CoD4 and WaW were favored by many CoD fans and the Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 were favored by many Sonic fans (however, I love Sonic Adventures 1 & 2 but I didn't like CoD4 because I did terrible but I loved the PC version of WaW). Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & Black Ops 1 are like Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog (they were both good or average, but they weren't favored as much as CoD4 and WaW). Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 were the games that brought there franchise to a 'huge downfall by many fans but their next game, Sonic Unleashed and Call of Duty: Black Ops II did a bit better than the previous game by many fans but it wasn't enough to redeem themselves.

It is possible that Call of Duty 10 and 11 could be the Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations (the games that redeemed/resurrected the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise by many fans) of the CoD franchise (but I will doubt it unless if they are going to be made in a new FPS engine) but Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward must to it right. If they fail, then those games will be like Sonic 06 again and the CoD franchise is doomed, just like the Guitar Hero franchise (I miss Guitar Hero! ;_; ).

The difference is, COD games are still fun for millions of people. Sonic was fun in the early 90's. Call Of Duty will eventually reach it's end...but not for a long time.
---
Game Devs...you will never please all of these complainers...so just ignore them and keep giving the rest of us the games we like.
#36KillinTheVibePosted 1/2/2013 6:42:03 PM
Because the connection sucks.
---
You thought, huh?
#37UnIt3d_We_StAnDPosted 1/2/2013 6:48:15 PM
lol, thats why there's over 600,000 people online right now.
---
war does not determine who is right; only who is left...
#38wii60_3Posted 1/2/2013 7:03:24 PM
Its dying because they nerfed everything except camping in a corner with an automatic assault rifle
---
Pokemon Black 1v1 W-L = Undefeated 9-0
#39KingisLegendPosted 1/2/2013 7:07:06 PM
skyrimlegend69 posted...
I think they're putting too little effort in new games by making them every year. How about you guys?

Huh? 500,000+ people playing today.... It is more then alive.
---
Don't take anything i say serious.... I'm Drunk
#40KingisLegendPosted 1/2/2013 7:08:23 PM
wii60_3 posted...
Its dying because they nerfed everything except camping in a corner with an automatic assault rifle

Who would camp in a corner with a assault rifle? Have you played this game?
---
Don't take anything i say serious.... I'm Drunk