Overpowered or Overused| Day 1| FAL + Select fire

#1XT3M3Posted 1/3/2013 11:17:11 AM
Is this Over powered or Over used - Results (444 votes)
Overpowered
18.92% (84 votes)
Overused
22.3% (99 votes)
i dont care
58.78% (261 votes)
This poll is now closed.
something ima do for fun here im going to post either a gun, item or setup that is debated on by the community a lot, then have a vote here to see what GFAQ thinks about its status of either being Over powered or over used.

for day 1 of this poll/Debate topic the subject will be the FAL select fire.

i put my vote for overused. it had a small uprising post launch, but that went away quickly when everyone found something better to use. but now since UMG chicago (cod tourny) lots of people, thanks to the streaming of the tourny, have started to use it again to the point of it getting annoying.

so GFAQ what do you think.
OP? or Overused.

if you think this is OP explain how would you fix it.
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Is it weird that it might be more likely that Tc wins powerball than wizards winning? ~ KoD_Immortal
#2forgotten0285Posted 1/3/2013 11:18:44 AM
Don't care.

It is not overused as far as I've seen, nor is it overpowered since the RPM is absurdly low.
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#3ih0tfireiPosted 1/3/2013 11:20:16 AM
forgotten0285 posted...
Don't care.

It is not overused as far as I've seen, nor is it overpowered since the RPM is absurdly low.

^this

I think its faster without select fire.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
#4JonnywestsidePosted 1/3/2013 11:21:17 AM
Wheres the option for neither? Its not OP its just one of the only ARs what does as it should and its not OU since its not as common as AN94 or pretty any of the SMGs.
#5XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 11:21:35 AM
forgotten0285 posted...

nor is it overpowered since the RPM is absurdly low.

this is exactly my thinking.

fyi next topic hopefully same time tommorow.
---
Is it weird that it might be more likely that Tc wins powerball than wizards winning? ~ KoD_Immortal
#6XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 11:22:54 AM
Jonnywestside posted...
Wheres the option for neither? Its not OP its just one of the only ARs what does as it should and its not OU since its not as common as AN94 or pretty any of the SMGs.

for today that would be the IDC option. but for future topics i add "neither" in.
---
#7BrighattalonPosted 1/3/2013 11:22:54 AM
Personally, I feel that select fire on the FAL or even the SMR has a laziness factor. I can shoot the FAL much faster than the select fire allows, but I'm lazy and I like the fact that I can put an attachment on it do my work for me.
Now.... whether this is the mindset of other players, I don't know. I just know why I use it a lot.
---
Xbox live gamertag: winteragent
#8Afghan_Whig777Posted 1/3/2013 11:23:23 AM
It's a great gun?

Broken? no

Better than the MSMC or PDW? No

Bad hip fire? Yes

People need to stop saying only scrubs use select fire on it, a lot of pro players and top players recommend that attachment
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#9NidtendofreakPosted 1/3/2013 11:30:47 AM
OP'd compared to the rest of the ARs due to the map design.

If this was in MW2, it would be perfectly fine. Problem is the maps are so CQC oriented that the FAL becomes too good. So what the regular FAL fires a bit faster, just hold down the trigger while you ADS with Quickdraw towards the enemy. Even with the sluggish RoF, 2SK > 3SK. It makes the gun accessible to too many people who would normally not use it. I get killed by it more than the AN-94.

Honestly I'd remove the Select Fire from the FAL if possible. If you have to pull the trigger for each bullet, the number of people who can use it to its max potential is lessened significantly. After that, I'd just make basically all of the DLC maps large, open maps so that its not a go to weapon for almost every map.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#10darkshadowmasterPosted 1/3/2013 11:37:58 AM
Don't really care but I'm not really a fan of them giving you an attachment to turn the high powered semi-auto into an automatic weapon with little recoil.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.