Overpowered or Overused| Day 1| FAL + Select fire

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Overpowered or Overused| Day 1| FAL + Select fire
4 years ago#51
My kd for the FAL is a 3.20 but my SMR is a 3.34. I must be doing something wrong here.
Fight the power.
(⌐◥▶_◀◤)
4 years ago#52
I voted overused.

While I don't think it's overpowered, it's the most common AR I see from my experience. My friends I play with use it. Hell, it would be my most deadly weapon if the Five-Seven wasn't already there.

Yes, I know almost everyone runs a PDW or MSMC, but whenever I see a brave soul who decides to use an AR, it's almost always a FAL (usually with select fire as well). The other common AR I see is the AN-94.

Yes, I've seen other ARs. I see MTARs and Type25s most often among low ranks/fresh prestiges. SCAR-Hs are rare to me, and then the SWAT and SMR are nearly nonexistant.

I think the FAL is overused simply because it's a very effective gun. Kills in 3 shots maximum (assuming your bullets don't phase through people), recoil is managable, and sounds sexy. Not that I'm complaining - I love semi-auto weapons.
4 years ago#53
Lazyboy256 posted...
I voted overused.

While I don't think it's overpowered, it's the most common AR I see from my experience. My friends I play with use it. Hell, it would be my most deadly weapon if the Five-Seven wasn't already there.

Yes, I know almost everyone runs a PDW or MSMC, but whenever I see a brave soul who decides to use an AR, it's almost always a FAL (usually with select fire as well). The other common AR I see is the AN-94.

Yes, I've seen other ARs. I see MTARs and Type25s most often among low ranks/fresh prestiges. SCAR-Hs are rare to me, and then the SWAT and SMR are nearly nonexistant.

I think the FAL is overused simply because it's a very effective gun. Kills in 3 shots maximum (assuming your bullets don't phase through people), recoil is managable, and sounds sexy. Not that I'm complaining - I love semi-auto weapons.

Before I reset my stats, I had over 1000 kills with seven assault rifles (not the SWAT-556 or M8A1), over 2000 with the MTAR and AN-94. My favorite thing about the FAL OSW is the reload animation, though I think it's wasteful to neglect magazines like that.
4 years ago#54
"I don't care." FAL with Select Fire doesn't botther me.

theLongR0D posted...
I rarely see it
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
4 years ago#55
Gunther482 posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
What I don't understand is why isn't the SMR with SF being used more.

It's 2 hit kill range is much much longer. Wouldn't that make it better overall ... especially with a silencer?

SMR has a slower RoF with SF, more severe recoil, a smaller magazine, and objectively worse irons. With the small size of these maps the SMRs main advantage (it's long two shot kill range) isn't a good enough reason to use it over the FAL.

The recoil I think ... would have been the key before the patch but after the patch ... the recoils are practically the same on both guns with SF.

At mid range with a silencer ... SMR will still kill in 2 shots ... FAL won't.

As for speed ... both are super slow ... SMR is only a tad slower.

Now I haven't used either gun with select fire ... I am judging strictly by the stats and a repeated wall test in local only to test the recoil. I decided to try to unlock SF with the SMR over the FAR ... I think it would be the better gun with SF.
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Infinity Ward ... even the current version >>>>>>>>> Treyarch
4 years ago#56
OP

thats my vote
4 years ago#57
Overused. Because using the select fire on the FAL is like using Word Art on the Declaration of Independence.
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
4 years ago#58
Fal + Select Fire + Hardcore Mode = Tons of kills

It takes one bullet to kill anyone in hardcore mode no matter where you hit them pretty much.
BURRRR
4 years ago#59
Personally I prefer the FAL without Select Fire but I don't think there is a wrong or right in terms of Select Fire and it's personal preference.

I would say the Select FIre FAL is just fine and not overpowered.

While it has 2 hit kill potential the slow ROF keeps it in check. In CQC situations you're still going to need to work harder to get that 2 hit kill then an SMG user in the same situation.
4 years ago#60
Where is the option for not overpowered? You have to provide the other end of the poll or it's not legitimate, for future polls I would suggest doing so.

Anyways it's one of the best assault rifles with select fire, but it's still not overpowered imo.
Nothings right with you if nothings wrong with you.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Overpowered or Overused| Day 1| FAL + Select fire

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived