Overpowered or Overused| Day 1| FAL + Select fire

#51FinalWolfPosted 1/4/2013 12:09:03 PM
My kd for the FAL is a 3.20 but my SMR is a 3.34. I must be doing something wrong here.
---
Fight the power.
(⌐◥▶_◀◤)
#52Lazyboy256Posted 1/4/2013 12:14:53 PM
I voted overused.

While I don't think it's overpowered, it's the most common AR I see from my experience. My friends I play with use it. Hell, it would be my most deadly weapon if the Five-Seven wasn't already there.

Yes, I know almost everyone runs a PDW or MSMC, but whenever I see a brave soul who decides to use an AR, it's almost always a FAL (usually with select fire as well). The other common AR I see is the AN-94.

Yes, I've seen other ARs. I see MTARs and Type25s most often among low ranks/fresh prestiges. SCAR-Hs are rare to me, and then the SWAT and SMR are nearly nonexistant.

I think the FAL is overused simply because it's a very effective gun. Kills in 3 shots maximum (assuming your bullets don't phase through people), recoil is managable, and sounds sexy. Not that I'm complaining - I love semi-auto weapons.
#53chessmyantidrugPosted 1/4/2013 1:05:25 PM
Lazyboy256 posted...
I voted overused.

While I don't think it's overpowered, it's the most common AR I see from my experience. My friends I play with use it. Hell, it would be my most deadly weapon if the Five-Seven wasn't already there.

Yes, I know almost everyone runs a PDW or MSMC, but whenever I see a brave soul who decides to use an AR, it's almost always a FAL (usually with select fire as well). The other common AR I see is the AN-94.

Yes, I've seen other ARs. I see MTARs and Type25s most often among low ranks/fresh prestiges. SCAR-Hs are rare to me, and then the SWAT and SMR are nearly nonexistant.

I think the FAL is overused simply because it's a very effective gun. Kills in 3 shots maximum (assuming your bullets don't phase through people), recoil is managable, and sounds sexy. Not that I'm complaining - I love semi-auto weapons.

Before I reset my stats, I had over 1000 kills with seven assault rifles (not the SWAT-556 or M8A1), over 2000 with the MTAR and AN-94. My favorite thing about the FAL OSW is the reload animation, though I think it's wasteful to neglect magazines like that.
#54NejiHyuga900Posted 1/4/2013 1:59:19 PM
"I don't care." FAL with Select Fire doesn't botther me.

theLongR0D posted...
I rarely see it

---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#55OMEGA RUGALPosted 1/4/2013 5:21:48 PM
Gunther482 posted...
OMEGA RUGAL posted...
What I don't understand is why isn't the SMR with SF being used more.

It's 2 hit kill range is much much longer. Wouldn't that make it better overall ... especially with a silencer?

SMR has a slower RoF with SF, more severe recoil, a smaller magazine, and objectively worse irons. With the small size of these maps the SMRs main advantage (it's long two shot kill range) isn't a good enough reason to use it over the FAL.

The recoil I think ... would have been the key before the patch but after the patch ... the recoils are practically the same on both guns with SF.

At mid range with a silencer ... SMR will still kill in 2 shots ... FAL won't.

As for speed ... both are super slow ... SMR is only a tad slower.

Now I haven't used either gun with select fire ... I am judging strictly by the stats and a repeated wall test in local only to test the recoil. I decided to try to unlock SF with the SMR over the FAR ... I think it would be the better gun with SF.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
Infinity Ward ... even the current version >>>>>>>>> Treyarch
#56srsgamer87Posted 1/5/2013 3:55:25 PM
OP

thats my vote
#57PharoahPelicanPosted 1/5/2013 3:59:18 PM
Overused. Because using the select fire on the FAL is like using Word Art on the Declaration of Independence.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#58TheYurpmanPosted 1/5/2013 4:59:18 PM
Fal + Select Fire + Hardcore Mode = Tons of kills

It takes one bullet to kill anyone in hardcore mode no matter where you hit them pretty much.
---
BURRRR
#59JikklePosted 1/5/2013 5:31:06 PM
Personally I prefer the FAL without Select Fire but I don't think there is a wrong or right in terms of Select Fire and it's personal preference.

I would say the Select FIre FAL is just fine and not overpowered.

While it has 2 hit kill potential the slow ROF keeps it in check. In CQC situations you're still going to need to work harder to get that 2 hit kill then an SMG user in the same situation.
#60Governator00Posted 1/5/2013 5:36:15 PM
Where is the option for not overpowered? You have to provide the other end of the poll or it's not legitimate, for future polls I would suggest doing so.

Anyways it's one of the best assault rifles with select fire, but it's still not overpowered imo.
---
Nothings right with you if nothings wrong with you.