I feel zombies fun factor has been brought down a lot.

#71rx7187Posted 1/7/2013 9:59:40 PM
lllhouselll posted...
hi

Hey man.
#72MrB730Posted 1/7/2013 10:02:16 PM
Idk i still find zombies fun. But ill admit i wasnt into COD a whole lot in the WaW days so maybe thats why. I dont care about the storyline around them though i just play to see how far i can get. Thats how me and my friends play when we play zombies.
---
Thou shall not ragequit. - Commandment # 11
Rage is hilarious. Add me. TrollerSkatez
#73Linkfan135Posted 1/7/2013 10:06:06 PM
fallenKlNG posted...
Linkfan135 posted...
Everyone says it takes forever to get from one area to another. I guess I'm the only one that got Stamin-up?

The perma-perk? How?

No the regular perk. If I had the perma-perk, I would have made a far bigger deal about it.
---
You talking about Kony? I feel bad for you son.
He snatched 99 kids and your poster saved none.
#74GevousPosted 1/7/2013 10:17:56 PM
Dawgwood posted...
, and goofy weapons.

This X1000
Ray gun! Good
Wunderwaffe! Good!
Thundergun! Meh!
Scavenger! Good!
Vri11 or whatever turned zombies into people! Crap!
Winter's Howl! Meh!
The baby maker! What is this, I don't even....
Wave Gun! It's like two Ray Guns! Fair!
Jet Gun! You must be kidding me.

Tundergun meh? Seriously?
---
Owner of the account Blurninja, who was closed in an account bet.
#75BrownPackPosted 1/7/2013 10:23:05 PM
Dawgwood posted...
WaW had zombies right, everything since has been a letdown (although Ascension was fun). Too much focus on storyline, easter eggs, and goofy weapons.

Yes. Zombies should've stayed a minigame. That's all. When they decided to make it bigger, they got in way over their heads and made it into such a stupid and silly minigame. I am ashamed to play it sometimes.
#76tadmfpolePosted 1/8/2013 2:03:40 AM
Everyone says it takes forever to get from one area to another. I guess I'm the only one that got Stamin-up?

I much prefer Double Tap, and Stamin' Up makes you travel through the fog slightly faster. Your sprint gets interrupted each time a denzien jumps on your face, which happens relentlessly.
---

Wow! You're so hardcore I'll bet you play Tic Tac Toe as a full contact sport! -HappyHappyJoyJoy
#77JohnWall32Posted 1/8/2013 7:09:30 AM
Mumble_ posted...
I feel like more complicated leaderboards helped ruin it. >_>

I liked just checking to see what everyone's best round is. I don't care about how many people they had. I know that most people don't check these new leaderboards which makes me lose some enjoyment knowing that I'm competing with hardly anyone.

I also miss lobby leaderboards. Now I don't have a simple way to tell their power level!

this x 100
#78Sega9599Posted 1/8/2013 7:27:35 AM
I'm totally the opposite. I really like Tranzit. I love games like L4D where you can actually move from place to place and this just ups the ante by allowing you to complete stuff and hidden objectives etc.

I'm glad zombies has evolved into this, although I didn't really like Moon or Shangri La. I honestly think people are suffering from Zombies overload. They played so much of it in the past that they now are bored by anything to do with it, except the original maps which they have great memories of.

If Treyarch had released similar maps to Ascension, people would have complained that it was the same as before. And then they'd say 'it's the same as before.....except worse" because everything new is always worse.

And if Treyarch had tried something really radical, these guys would have complained either way. It's like they would have received this better if Treyarch had announced Tranzit as it is to already be included as an extra or fun little bonus, and 3 other brand new maps like Call of the Dead, etc. They didn't want JUST tranzit and all the focus to be on that.

borg_assassin posted...
In the past it was like, lock down one area until you set up a strat. BS with your friends and on occasion take a roll at the dice of the mystery box. Tranzit and the one with George Romero on it are BY far the 2 worst maps in the zombie series.

So you want the maps where you're in control and don't really have to worry much, huh? The ones where you can sit back and play one-handed, BS and joke with your friends, while popping off a zombie or two, and easily get to the mystery box with no effort. Der Rise is for you.

Spork1111 posted...

Imo, Der Riese and Kino were the epitome of Zombies. They had just the right amount of simplicity, and interactivity that made it fun, while not overwhelming.

Case in point.

Cosmic_Coyote posted...

careful here comes the apologizers to tell you how "amazing" and "needed" are these stupid useless fire cracks on the ground that does nothing but slow you down and grief the match.

Zombies was way better in BLOPS1 / W@W

Some people like Zombies in BO2, others don't. Doesn't make the people fanboys or apologizers or whatever.

DvoloS88 posted...
I think they need to ditch the goofy crap and take the game mode more seriously (storyline,characters,voiceovers god damn they are annoying)

The voiceovers were one of the best things about Five, and are great in Tranzit as well. Imo. And the storyline is logical. Maybe you want MW3's Survival mode, with no story whatsoever. Or even worse, Chaos mode.

Akiba69 posted...
I agree, the start up is especially tedious. Especially when someone gets left behind doing something stupid, then dies, so they quit. Or people who block the bus doors.

I do actually agree with thios, although it's worth noting you don't HAVE to build the turbine, and the latter problems sound like that's more a problem with the actual PLAYERS rather than the game itself.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#79DudusCokePosted 1/8/2013 7:33:20 AM
I would have been happy with the style of kino/five being continued. I didn't hate moon, or shangri la, but I preferred the first two maps more.

Tranzit is good with friends, it's not as fun with randoms, and near impossible to get a good score. Atleast on Kino with randoms most people understood what they had to do to succeed, same with five. They both had their little easter egg, and mini bosses which made it fun.

I don't agree that zombies should have an end, or reward. Call me old school, but topping the leaderboard is way better than some "the end" screen. It's a survival game, the point is to stay alive as long as possible.
---
King dem of Tivoli
#80juker79Posted 1/8/2013 12:30:30 PM
Mumble_ posted...
I feel like more complicated leaderboards helped ruin it. >_>

I liked just checking to see what everyone's best round is. I don't care about how many people they had. I know that most people don't check these new leaderboards which makes me lose some enjoyment knowing that I'm competing with hardly anyone.

I also miss lobby leaderboards. Now I don't have a simple way to tell their power level!

The ranking emblems are pretty much spot on in this game. Meaning you can expect players with the same emblem as you to have gotten just as far.