Is BOII being unfairly shafted out of GOTY awards?

#11LivingTroughIcePosted 1/3/2013 6:17:02 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
LivingTroughIce posted...
its not a popularity contest. its an award given to the game that was done best. GOTY = valedictorian. GOTY =/= prom king and queen.

Perfect analogy.

sarcasm? forgive my assumptions but it is what i have come to expect of the internet.
---
http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/412
#12CaffeineSnorterPosted 1/3/2013 6:17:50 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
its not a popularity contest. its an award given to the game that was done best. GOTY = valedictorian. GOTY =/= prom king and queen.

Perfect analogy.

sarcasm? forgive my assumptions but it is what i have come to expect of the internet.

No he is not being sarcastic. That is a good analogy.
---
Did you sleep with a moderator's girlfriend? without her consent?-red255
Keeping the community happy since 2011.
#13WOT BSPosted 1/3/2013 6:20:48 PM
its fun, and solid. but its not GOTY
---
GT: Extract Hz
#14TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 1/3/2013 6:21:58 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...

Perfect analogy.

Lol I don't blame you. I was being serious though.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#15GevousPosted 1/3/2013 6:26:55 PM
People exaggerate in both ways and are so ignorant that they don't see it. Almost all of us are culprits of this. Some of us are saying that the game is sooo terrible, when it isn't nearly as bad as we say it is. And some of us say that it's the perfect game, and that's also veeery wrong.
---
Owner of the account Blurninja, who was closed in an account bet. Mod on Veterancraft.net. #modlife
Minecraft: ryanpitts
#16blacklabelicePosted 1/3/2013 6:27:03 PM
definately feels more like MW3 than a GOTY
#17CaffeineSnorterPosted 1/3/2013 6:42:19 PM
People exaggerate in both ways and are so ignorant that they don't see it. Almost all of us are culprits of this. Some of us are saying that the game is sooo terrible, when it isn't nearly as bad as we say it is. And some of us say that it's the perfect game, and that's also veeery wrong.

I am serious. If I don't play with someone else I can't stand to touch this game. I have to play with a full party and be having fun for me to even touch this game.
---
Did you sleep with a moderator's girlfriend? without her consent?-red255
Keeping the community happy since 2011.
#18Foxx3kPosted 1/3/2013 6:44:03 PM
No. Black Ops 2 does absolutely nothing to earn Game of The Year.

That's not to say that it's bad. But it's plain. It's not game of the year contender.

What I find more shocking, and not that I think it deserves to win, but I haven't seen Diablo 3 mentioned once. Not as a Runner Up, not as a contender, not as a "best of the rest," not as anything. Ever.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#19fatclemenzaPosted 1/3/2013 6:48:10 PM
What I find more shocking, and not that I think it deserves to win, but I haven't seen Diablo 3 mentioned once. Not as a Runner Up, not as a contender, not as a "best of the rest," not as anything. Ever.

Don't most people hate D3 especially compared to D2?
---
Me and my uncle went ridin' down, South Colorado, West Texas bound
BO2 Combat Record - http://tinyurl.com/cxvk9xr
#20Foxx3kPosted 1/3/2013 6:49:18 PM
fatclemenza posted...

Don't most people hate D3 especially compared to D2?

Definitely. But it was such a high profile release that I would think it would get nominated regardless.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]