Is BOII being unfairly shafted out of GOTY awards?

#51HeartlessCharmsPosted 1/3/2013 9:29:03 PM
ValedictorianXD posted...
LivingTroughIce posted...
its not a popularity contest. its an award given to the game that was done best. GOTY = valedictorian. GOTY =/= prom king and queen.

If any of the trash games this year are considered valedictorian, I'd hate to see anything outside of the top 10.

This year sucked for games, imo. Hopefully, 2013 will be more enjoyable.

Far Cry 3 is trash? BL2? Diablo?
You're terrible.
---
Peace, and much love to you.
#52phillyeagles123Posted 1/3/2013 9:46:18 PM(edited)
LivingTroughIce posted...
its not a popularity contest. its an award given to the game that was done best. GOTY = valedictorian. GOTY =/= prom king and queen.

Exactly. GOTY is the graduate going to an Ivy League school, while the most popular game is the Prom King/Queen who is going no where after
high school.
#53BoxTheMuppetPosted 1/3/2013 9:49:39 PM
I like cheese.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#54advorangePosted 1/3/2013 9:50:23 PM
GaMeFrEaK316 posted...
So I'm reading around and seeing all these GOTY nominations for lesser games like Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Halo 4, etc. etc. and it makes me sick.

The Activision/Treyarch hate is out of control. These "editors" are hypocrites. COD is the game everyone is playing yet they don't want to nominate it for GOTY. That makes no sense.

Treyarch is the best FPS developer out there. They made Call of Duty what it is and they should be receiving GOTY awards. Who's with me?

Sorta hard to give an award to a game when it's the same as 5 other games of its own series.
---
CoD: 4 is the best IMO, all the CoDs since then progressively get worse. :/
Games I have 100% GS in: 4 | Games with 1000 GS: 8 | Gamertag: advorange
#55Soul_On_DisplayPosted 1/3/2013 9:57:53 PM
PvtPorkSord posted...
Stopped at "lesser games like Borderlands 2".

---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~TL;DR? Don't care.~
#56StrataElitePosted 1/3/2013 10:13:53 PM
GaMeFrEaK316 posted...
So I'm reading around and seeing all these GOTY nominations for lesser games like Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Halo 4, etc. etc. and it makes me sick.

The Activision/Treyarch hate is out of control. These "editors" are hypocrites. COD is the game everyone is playing yet they don't want to nominate it for GOTY. That makes no sense.

Treyarch is the best FPS developer out there. They made Call of Duty what it is and they should be receiving GOTY awards. Who's with me?

They pay reviewers to give the game a good score...
---
That's right I'm disagreeing with your opinion ban me for it.
#57Governator00Posted 1/3/2013 10:17:51 PM
Someone needs to be educated in the subject of what constitutes a good video game. BLOPS II is fun, but there are other games that have been released this year that were far better.
---
Nothings right with you if nothings wrong with you.
#58Superman070776Posted 1/3/2013 10:20:58 PM
They don't need a GOTY award...they sold millions more copies than any of the nominees, and millions of people are still playing every day. GOTY is a great way to market your game in the $19.99 bin in the summer (Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 3)...
---
Game Devs...you will never please all of these complainers...so just ignore them and keep giving the rest of us the games we like.
#59motoraptorPosted 1/3/2013 10:36:08 PM
CoD is definitely the series I put the most hours into. However, it doesn't feel right to name it GotY though. For instance, I consider Black Ops 1 to be my favorite CoD but I gave my GotY to Red Dead Redemption which came out that same year. Last year, Skyrim took it.

It's like.... CoD is in a category of its own. If there was a Multiplayer GotY category, it would win every time.
---
http://i55.tinypic.com/2a9ntxe.jpg
#60warior55Posted 1/3/2013 10:55:12 PM
GaMeFrEaK316 posted...

Treyarch is the best FPS developer out there. They made Call of Duty what it is

This is just wrong on so many levels.

Infinity Ward made CoD what it is today. Does "Call of Duty 4" ring a bell?
---
Halo 4