Is BOII being unfairly shafted out of GOTY awards?

#61SAMCROftwPosted 1/3/2013 10:57:36 PM
GaMeFrEaK316 posted...
So I'm reading around and seeing all these GOTY nominations for lesser games like Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Halo 4, etc. etc. and it makes me sick.

The Activision/Treyarch hate is out of control. These "editors" are hypocrites. COD is the game everyone is playing yet they don't want to nominate it for GOTY. That makes no sense.

Treyarch is the best FPS developer out there. They made Call of Duty what it is and they should be receiving GOTY awards. Who's with me?

I am 100% against you there. This is obviously a troll topic, but I'll bite just for the hell of it.

The reason BO2 is not getting any GOTY nominations is because the Call of Duty franchise has been on a terrible downhill slide. You can throw out all the sales figures and maximum amount of players online at any given time you want, but the fact remains, the quality of each game just plummets with every release. With all of these major bugs, glitches, gameplay errors and absolutely god-awful game connection(lag compensation) it's no wonder this game is getting the hate it's gotten. They keep making all of these promises, and always disappoint. They make the same mistakes with every game they make and then some.

Look at it this way, COD had a lot of potential to grow. But the developers knew after a while they could come out with the exact same game every year with absolutely no innovation and still make bank. Thus, lazy effort and nobody cares. They have your money, now shut up and play while they make the next one.

So many people play this game because... well... so many others are playing it. Kiddies got it for christmas, people play with their friends, it's the newest release, etc. But the fact is that the game is terrible. It can be enjoyable sometimes, but it's just an all-around messy game.

Why is BO2 getting overlooked? Honestly, because it deserves to. There are other, far better FPS games out there right now with a lot more effort put in from those devs that actually deserve some gratification. But a game that is basically just the same as the last one? and the one before that? and the one before that? and the one before that? and the one before that? Nope. Face it, there are other gems out there that need to shine. COD is just a dead horse that is constantly getting poked by a little kid with a twig.
#62Blizzard09Posted 1/3/2013 11:21:12 PM
GaMeFrEaK316 posted...
So I'm reading around and seeing all these GOTY nominations for lesser games like Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Halo 4, etc. etc. and it makes me sick.

The Activision/Treyarch hate is out of control. These "editors" are hypocrites. COD is the game everyone is playing yet they don't want to nominate it for GOTY. That makes no sense.

Treyarch is the best FPS developer out there. They made Call of Duty what it is and they should be receiving GOTY awards. Who's with me?

Seeing how all them games are 10 times better in every way. Black Ops 2 has so many problems, glitches and what not that stops it from being GOTY.

This game has a bad single player, A Multiplayer that is unfinished with the net code, hit boxes, bad maps. It was rushed and it shows. Best part of this game was the zombies and well thats not even that great. Its a half ass game with a Call Of Duty title just like MW3 was.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#63TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 1/3/2013 11:22:57 PM
Oh and to address TC saying Treyarch made CoD what it is...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, HA!

That credit belongs to the old IW who made CoD4. That's the game that made CoD what it is. The rest just rode on its coattails.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#64Soul_On_DisplayPosted 1/3/2013 11:31:23 PM
I don't believe that people can be this tasteless. I honestly think the TC is an elaborate troll.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~TL;DR? Don't care.~
#65KuyaJSPosted 1/4/2013 1:10:56 AM
Anyone who thinks any COD should be GOTY is a moron.
---
You mad?
#66NemerlightPosted 1/4/2013 2:45:54 AM
I think it won some multiplayer/FPS awards which is fine but GOTY would be overkill.
---
http://bitsandpieces.us/2011/03/25/a-well-written-police-report/
#67XT3M3Posted 1/4/2013 4:24:13 AM
For this game to win GOTY over farcry 3 is LOL.

Hell some of the main bad guys cutsences in the game were better than the entire game of BO2.
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Is it weird that it might be more likely that Tc wins powerball than wizards winning? ~ KoD_Immortal
#68MoegittoPosted 1/4/2013 4:42:42 AM
XT3M3 posted...
For this game to win GOTY over farcry 3 is LOL.

Hell some of the main bad guys cutsences in the game were better than the entire game of BO2.

Actually, a lot of people think the acting in Farcry 3 was the worst part, the game gets it's credit from the exploration and events you can do. It's definitely not GOTY material over some of the other games that released this year...
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#69trakrunr4evrPosted 1/4/2013 5:11:53 AM
LivingTroughIce posted...
its not a popularity contest. its an award given to the game that was done best. GOTY = valedictorian. GOTY =/= prom king and queen.

Perfect. Nothing more needs to be said.
---
GT: Stelthmastr
#70Gamerguy92Posted 1/4/2013 5:52:58 AM
Lmao, BOII being GoTY? You're kidding, right?
---
Sent from my iPhone 5