MW2 had the overall best map lineup of any CoD game.

#21mintchipcookiePosted 1/3/2013 10:34:11 PM(edited)
I loved MW2 maps because all the surfaces were mapped instead of walled, so if you were smart like I was you could learn all the different jumps that were literally everywhere that no one knew about...

There was even one completely legit way to exit the map on Karachi.
---
Board account of jimmythesnowman.
#22_HahaaE_Posted 1/3/2013 10:35:28 PM
I don't know, I personally preferred COD5's maps. Probably because I started on COD5 on Wii and got to watch myself start from going 3-12 to going 40-5 on that game.

Maybe the reason I like them so much is because I played on the Wii. There were no patches, so even still today you can climb to the top of the middle building in Cliffside and snipe, get out of the map and almost be completely submerged in water while sniping on Makin, get on top of nearly every building in Makin and get on top of Hangar, satchel jump to the top of Castle.... ahh the nostalgia.
---
MKSC: 27 WR's :: SC World Champion
SMB3 GBA: 21 WR's
#23NejiHyuga900Posted 1/3/2013 10:47:58 PM
Even though I love WaW (PC) and BO2 the most, Modern Warfare 2 had the best map designs in my opinion and even though I never liked CoD4 (mostly for personal reasons but only a few gameplay reasons), I will say that CoD4 is in second place with the best map designs. My favorite map was MW2 is Terminal and in CoD4, Wetworks.

Since I am still a bit new to WaW (I couldn't find any good normal servers so I played against bots locally via Pezbot mod), the map designs in WaW are my least favorite since I am not use to them yet (and I haven't played all of them yet) but so far, I like Castle the most from that game.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#24Soul_On_DisplayPosted 1/3/2013 10:59:12 PM
fatclemenza posted...
CoD4 had Backlot. This topic is now bad.

Favela was a good map though. Sub Base and Quarry were alright. Too many maps had so much extra dead space though. Some of them should be trimmed down.

That space helped slow the pace down by scattering people. I prefer that than having every map like nuketown, as it is in BO2 tbh.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~TL;DR? Don't care.~
#25Silver17Posted 1/3/2013 11:04:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#26Superman070776Posted 1/3/2013 11:07:43 PM
Some people need flat level terrain to be successful. Maybe it would also help you if everyone lined up in a lone line, shoulder to shoulder and just volleyed shots back and forth like the old days...[eyeroll]

Maps with vertical levels are challenging and fun. Sorry the game didn't keep itself down to limit itself for people on your skill level.
---
Game Devs...you will never please all of these complainers...so just ignore them and keep giving the rest of us the games we like.
#27StrataElitePosted 1/3/2013 11:07:44 PM
Garviel_Lokan posted...
Worst map on Cod4 was Bloc by the votes. still a better map that most maps that came in the games after it.

Funny trivia for Bloc. Havana uses a similar map layout and suffers form terrible spawn problems. Also you can tell how BS the CoD community has gotten because in CoD 4 t was hold either building, and on BLOPS 1 it was spawn kill from each side of the map.
---
That's right I'm disagreeing with your opinion ban me for it.
#28Silver17Posted 1/3/2013 11:09:05 PM
Rundown, Estate, Terminal, Uderpass, Wasteland, Carnival, and Fuel (besides Derail and Rust already stated) were all thrash.

^ Well unless you have an extra pair of Nostalgia Glasses, cuz that would greatly help.

Bailout, Storm, Salvage, Scrapyard, Highrise, and Trailer Park were good (I'll give you that) - the rest were meh IMO at best...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#29blacklord997Posted 1/3/2013 11:37:10 PM
MW is obviously the best:
The 2 best cod maps this generation: Vacant and Pipeline
Plus Very Good Maps: Ambush, Backlot, Countdown, Crash, Crossfire, District, Downpour, Overgrown, Shipment, and Strike.
-Standoff and plaza are the only maps in this game which can compare to any of these

a better comparison is mw2 vs blops for 2nd best maps (probably blops)
#30motoraptorPosted 1/3/2013 11:37:51 PM
WaW
---
http://i55.tinypic.com/2a9ntxe.jpg