MW2 had the overall best map lineup of any CoD game.

#41Halo_ForeverPosted 1/4/2013 3:51:49 AM
StrataElite posted...
Garviel_Lokan posted...
Worst map on Cod4 was Bloc by the votes. still a better map that most maps that came in the games after it.

Funny trivia for Bloc. Havana uses a similar map layout and suffers form terrible spawn problems. Also you can tell how BS the CoD community has gotten because in CoD 4 t was hold either building, and on BLOPS 1 it was spawn kill from each side of the map.

Havana is modelled on Crossfire, not Bloc.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#42Mumble_Posted 1/4/2013 3:59:10 AM
I loved how there were no invisible walls in MW2. If it looked like you could jump on something, you most likely could. Probably one of my favorite things about the maps. To this day I still surprise nubs who don't know how to get on top of the tree on Favela. >_>
---
Bulbasaur is the best starting Pokemon.
#43TheCadaverPosted 1/4/2013 4:22:25 AM
I actually really liked World at War maps

These new maps feel messy and claustrophobic at times
Also spawn points are terrible
---
"Express your talents in art and music"
#44Silver17Posted 1/4/2013 5:18:29 AM
slipknotrox765 posted...
Silver17 posted...
Rundown, Estate, Terminal, Uderpass, Wasteland, Carnival, and Fuel (besides Derail and Rust already stated) were all thrash.

^ Well unless you have an extra pair of Nostalgia Glasses, cuz that would greatly help.

Bailout, Storm, Salvage, Scrapyard, Highrise, and Trailer Park were good (I'll give you that) - the rest were meh IMO at best...

Carnival and Fuel were dlc and shouldn't count...along with trailer park. Terminal? C"MON manggggg, That map was the ****

^ To be fair, I did give praise to Trailer Park which were also DLC.

Still, Terminal was soooo overrated. The flanking in the map sucked. I hated that Terminal was included in MW3, but I was OK that you didn't need to install it at first. THEN YOU WERE FORCED TO INSTALL IT, and yes I was pissed!

In MW2, everyone tubed on Terminal (along with every other MW2 map) in MW3, everyone QS and sniped. "HEY GUYS DOMINATION FLAG OVER HERE, GUYS! GUYS!!! A LITTLE HELP! GUYS!.. **** IT!" *sigh*

They should have kept Terminal out of the map rotation and put it in it's own party list in MW3, cuz everyone got all nostalgia with it and said "Well I never went for the objective in MW2 so why should I do it on Terminal in MW3?"

*sigh* Yeah there's many reasons why I didn't like Terminal, but when they forced people to use it in MW3 I went from "Not liking it" to "Absolutely hating it!"...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#45BrownPackPosted 1/4/2013 5:19:07 AM
Mumble_ posted...
I loved how there were no invisible walls in MW2. If it looked like you could jump on something, you most likely could. Probably one of my favorite things about the maps. To this day I still surprise nubs who don't know how to get on top of the tree on Favela. >_>

Oh my God. THIS. I agree so much. That was one of the things I liked so much about MW2. There were little or no misleading maps. If it really looked like you could jump on or to it, you probably could. I discovered so many hiding spots and routes due to this. in BO, MW3 or BO2, there are crap tons of invisible walls that it isn't even funny. So many times I was disappointed when I thought I found a good hiding spot, only to be smacked in the face by an invisible wall.
#46slipknotrox765Posted 1/4/2013 11:20:39 AM
Silver17 posted...
slipknotrox765 posted...
Silver17 posted...
Rundown, Estate, Terminal, Uderpass, Wasteland, Carnival, and Fuel (besides Derail and Rust already stated) were all thrash.

^ Well unless you have an extra pair of Nostalgia Glasses, cuz that would greatly help.

Bailout, Storm, Salvage, Scrapyard, Highrise, and Trailer Park were good (I'll give you that) - the rest were meh IMO at best...

Carnival and Fuel were dlc and shouldn't count...along with trailer park. Terminal? C"MON manggggg, That map was the ****

^ To be fair, I did give praise to Trailer Park which were also DLC.

Still, Terminal was soooo overrated. The flanking in the map sucked. I hated that Terminal was included in MW3, but I was OK that you didn't need to install it at first. THEN YOU WERE FORCED TO INSTALL IT, and yes I was pissed!

In MW2, everyone tubed on Terminal (along with every other MW2 map) in MW3, everyone QS and sniped. "HEY GUYS DOMINATION FLAG OVER HERE, GUYS! GUYS!!! A LITTLE HELP! GUYS!.. **** IT!" *sigh*

They should have kept Terminal out of the map rotation and put it in it's own party list in MW3, cuz everyone got all nostalgia with it and said "Well I never went for the objective in MW2 so why should I do it on Terminal in MW3?"

*sigh* Yeah there's many reasons why I didn't like Terminal, but when they forced people to use it in MW3 I went from "Not liking it" to "Absolutely hating it!"...

That's the community...not the map. Yes, you did give praise to trailer park.....that was a terrible map, and in regards to the community there was sooooo much tubing.
---
GT: UPSEToPENGUINS
http://www.youtube.com/user/MiddleClassHeroes985
#47patkelly929Posted 1/4/2013 11:24:44 AM
ItIsAPsyBorg posted...
Sometimes, I wonder if I'm the only man to have played WaW.

You're not alone.

Also, if there's anything I didn't like about MW2, moreso than OMA/DC, MLC, trickshots, nuke boosting, and all that, it's that I had to pay for maps I already paid for when I bought MW1.

At least Black Ops 1 had the decency to reskin Cliffside.

Outside of paying for the re-released maps, MW2 was my favorite multiplayer experience. W@W was second.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#48LeonChaltierPosted 1/4/2013 11:37:32 AM
As a map maker: Some of which were accepted for league play..

CoD4 is the only CoD worth mentioning when talking maps. W@W MW2 BO MW3 and BO2 all drop the ball when talking about balance and routes.

Im not gullable enough for DLC. My humble opinion ends here.
#49MiniVirus2Posted 1/4/2013 2:22:03 PM(edited)
I think a large part of the "map design issues" people see now are due in part to the lack of Stopping Power.

I'll agree that MW3 and BO2 maps weren't great and that I think MW2 had the best overall selection, but I also think my opinion is skewed due to having SP at my disposal. It made literally ANY gun useable on ANY map. We haven't had that selection since and thus we're confined to the limitations of each respective weapon class.

BO2 has simply brought this to the forefront and given SMGs a huge leg up with snakey, cluster**** maps that are smaller on average than we're use to.

I probably won't enjoy CoD to nearly the same degree as MW2 until they've reintroduced SP and reinstated Ghost/CB to it's MW2 level. I don't give a **** about the perk diversity argument. I used and saw EVERY perk on a regular basis back then (save for scrambler) and that's due in part to the original IW's weapon design/perk/map design proficiency.

I'd play Derail, Rundown (my favorite map actually), Karachi and Wasteland 24/7, before playing the entire playlist of BO, MW3 and BO2 together, if I could.
---
R.I.P. DIO
#50singhellotakuPosted 1/4/2013 2:52:45 PM
agreed, WAW is up there too