Anyone else play COD and NOT get high?

#171MC_Brian1Posted 1/5/2013 11:06:56 AM(edited)
I don't personally smoke or drink at all. I hate the taste of alcohol so I don't bother with that, and the smell/taste of smoke is also disgusting. People will insist that weed is not addictive, but ask a pothead to stop smoking and he won't be able to, 9 times out of 10. It's psychologically addictive, simply because the high is enjoyable and you want to continue getting it. Though, to be fair, nearly anything can be psychologically addictive.

The science and the facts are there. Weed is not very harmful, but honestly, I have a lot of family members who regularly smoke(d). It can often become a lifestyle. My brother, for example, is 20 going on 21 and has been out of high school for 3 years, and hasn't done **** with his life except feed off my parents, smoke immense amounts of weed, and it has gotten him close to a lot of undesirables similar to him. I have cousins around his/my age who had similar phases in their lives, though manay have gotten out of it and moved on.

This is why when people tell me weed isn't harmful, I call bs. It's ****ing up my brother's llife, not because of the plant itself but the lifestyle associated with it. I won't deny that there are many who can just smoke casually every now and then, enjoying the high without detrimental effects to their life such as what my brother went through, but when I look at him, I know that I'm not ever going to smoke.

Personally, I wouldn't do it even if I had no fear of screwing up my life, if only because of the smell. Also, I just don't like the idea of not being in my natural state of mind. The idea of getting high doesn't appeal to me for that reason. A lot of smokers are also annoying as hell (at least where I live, in NYC), constantly bragging about it, trying to pressure you into trying it with them, and telling you how baked they are. Frankly I don't give a **** and it gets annoying as hell. But again, I acknowledge that there are many people who aren't like that.

Those are just my two cents, sorry for the llong ass post.
---
Will Nuketown be like the McRib? - PatrickEwing
I hope not. I hate explosive diarrhea. - BadDecisions
#172TheMudkipManPosted 1/5/2013 10:57:10 AM
I haven't smoked since high school...been about 7 years or so. I have no problem with people who smoke and I don't care if people do it around me but its not something I enjoy.
---
GT: N7 Honor. CAUTION: Above post may contain opinions.
#173Jokerz_WildcardPosted 1/5/2013 11:03:11 AM
MC_Brian1 posted...
I don't personally smoke or drink at all. I hate the taste of alcohol so I don't bother with that, and the smell/taste of smoke is also disgusting. People will insist that weed is not addictive, but ask a pothead to stop smoking and he won't be able to, 9 times out of 10. It's psychologically addictive, simply because the high is enjoyable and you want to continue getting it. Though, to be fair, nearly anything can be psychologically addictive.

The science and the facts are there. Weed is not very harmful, but honestly, I have a lot of family members who regularly smoke(d). It can often become a lifestyle. My brother, for example, is 20 going on 21 and has been out of high school for 3 years, and hasn't done **** with his life except feed off my parents, smoke immense amounts of weed, and it has gotten him close to a lot of undesirables similar to him. I have cousins around his/my age who had similar phases in their lives, though manay have gotten out of it and moved on.

This is why when people tell me weed isn't harmful, I call bs. It's ****ing up my brother's llife, not because of the plant itself but the lifestyle associated with it. I won't deny that there are many who can just smoke casually every now and then, enjoying the high without detrimental effects to their life such as what my brother went through, but when I look at him, I know that I'm not ever going to smoke.

Personally, I wouldn't do it even if I had no fear of screwing up my life, if only because of the smell. Also, I just don't like the idea of being in my natural state of mind. The idea of getting high doesn't appeal to me for that reason. A lot of smokers are also annoying as hell (at least where I live, in NYC), constantly bragging about it, trying to pressure you into trying it with them, and telling you how baked they are. Frankly I don't give a **** and it gets annoying as hell. But again, I acknowledge that there are many people who aren't like that.

Those are just my two cents, sorry for the llong ass post.

Your point of view is valid, but I have to disagree with a few things. Your brother isn't addicted, he is just lazy. That or he is very weak-minded, those who are become dependent on bud.
It isn't harmful, your brother is just an idiot, take it from a Psych student.
And the other point I had to make is about the fools he hangs around, or even him in general, never look at that and think that's what a pot smoker is, that's as offensive as the N word.
#174TheRedDashPosted 1/5/2013 11:23:41 AM
Jokerz_Wildcard posted...
TheRedDash posted...
chicken8or posted...
TheRedDash posted...
I don't think Smoking weed effects the brain in any way but it does develop a personality problem with people. The cliche thing to do when you smoke weed is act like Cheech and Chong with your friends which causes that type of personality to be dominant which causes stupid Annoying people.

So you're high with friends acting like a A-hole for some reason and you go out driving with your glazed eyes and end up killing somebody. Also add lung problems down the line. I hope weed stays illegal but if It ends up legal i guess it could save the economy a bit but there will be a whole new species of idiot.

You find me ONE single incident where a death was caused solely by marijuana usage and I will never touch another joint in my life.

Here is a quick easy search I did
http://marijuanatoday.com/cons.php
I'll list some of them if you're to lazy to click on the website

-hallucinations, paranoia, psychotic episodes (lovely)
-impaired motor ability (do we need more of this?)
-mood swings (yay more crazy in this world)
-the loss of brain cells (do we need more of this?)
-lung cancer (is this ok to you?)
-gateway drug (oh nice more kids getting into deep holes)

If its legalized it will be even easier for kids or teens to get their weak minded hands on some compared to today and then gateway gateway gateway! We don't need another thing slowing down the people of today and causing problems. Oh and if you legalize it I
Bet you find many death across the nation due to the hype. "Yeah! Weeds legals let's go crazy!!!" I think we're fine.

But what ever do what you want. Wanna smoke weed? Go ahead!, wanna do crack? Go ahead. I'll just step over you and continue walking over weak minded people who can't find other means of relieving stress. Instruments?, working out?, painting?, surfing? Or you can be a lazy cry baby and use a drug.

You're an idiot, I smoke a whole bunch of bud, from the dirty to the downright sticky, not once have I ever hallucinated, and no, there are no deaths linked to Mary Jane, before you try to school someone, do a little bit more than just google search, oh yeah idiot, there's way more than one way to enjoy your weed, edibles, vaporizers, etc,, cancel out smoke, no lung cancer. And before you jump on me about not being successful, weed made my life much better, I attend school, I have a great social life, and I have easily the greatest friend I ever met due to pot. Your worse than Hitler. Besides, everybody smokes bud, my buddy is a lawyer and we light up when he comes up to visit. Heck, I'm high writing this and my spelling/grammar is impeccable. So once again, shut up. You're trying to tell someone about the horrors of something you haven't even experienced, not that there are any, weed is easily the safest drug, I, unlike you, have actually smoked, I know what it does, and what you're saying is false.

Defend it more lol at the end of the day it's still illegal and still wrong. You sound like a crack head defending crack till his last breath.
---
Liam Neeson > Chuck Norris
"Good luck"
#175Jokerz_WildcardPosted 1/5/2013 11:30:48 AM
TheRedDash posted...
TheRedDash posted...
chicken8or posted...
TheRedDash posted...
I don't think Smoking weed effects the brain in any way but it does develop a personality problem with people. The cliche thing to do when you smoke weed is act like Cheech and Chong with your friends which causes that type of personality to be dominant which causes stupid Annoying people.

So you're high with friends acting like a A-hole for some reason and you go out driving with your glazed eyes and end up killing somebody. Also add lung problems down the line. I hope weed stays illegal but if It ends up legal i guess it could save the economy a bit but there will be a whole new species of idiot.

You find me ONE single incident where a death was caused solely by marijuana usage and I will never touch another joint in my life.

Here is a quick easy search I did
http://marijuanatoday.com/cons.php
I'll list some of them if you're to lazy to click on the website

-hallucinations, paranoia, psychotic episodes (lovely)
-impaired motor ability (do we need more of this?)
-mood swings (yay more crazy in this world)
-the loss of brain cells (do we need more of this?)
-lung cancer (is this ok to you?)
-gateway drug (oh nice more kids getting into deep holes)

If its legalized it will be even easier for kids or teens to get their weak minded hands on some compared to today and then gateway gateway gateway! We don't need another thing slowing down the people of today and causing problems. Oh and if you legalize it I
Bet you find many death across the nation due to the hype. "Yeah! Weeds legals let's go crazy!!!" I think we're fine.

But what ever do what you want. Wanna smoke weed? Go ahead!, wanna do crack? Go ahead. I'll just step over you and continue walking over weak minded people who can't find other means of relieving stress. Instruments?, working out?, painting?, surfing? Or you can be a lazy cry baby and use a drug.

You're an idiot, I smoke a whole bunch of bud, from the dirty to the downright sticky, not once have I ever hallucinated, and no, there are no deaths linked to Mary Jane, before you try to school someone, do a little bit more than just google search, oh yeah idiot, there's way more than one way to enjoy your weed, edibles, vaporizers, etc,, cancel out smoke, no lung cancer. And before you jump on me about not being successful, weed made my life much better, I attend school, I have a great social life, and I have easily the greatest friend I ever met due to pot. Your worse than Hitler. Besides, everybody smokes bud, my buddy is a lawyer and we light up when he comes up to visit. Heck, I'm high writing this and my spelling/grammar is impeccable. So once again, shut up. You're trying to tell someone about the horrors of something you haven't even experienced, not that there are any, weed is easily the safest drug, I, unlike you, have actually smoked, I know what it does, and what you're saying is false.

Defend it more lol at the end of the day it's still illegal and still wrong. You sound like a crack head defending crack till his last breath.

You sound like someone who was just proven wrong and is uptight and butthurt because of it. You can't compare crack to weed, oh and newflash, weed is completely legal in Washington State for anyone over the age of 21, so much for all your knowledge and research eh?
#176TheRedDashPosted 1/5/2013 12:05:34 PM
No I'm just giving up talking to someone who is a blind zombie who thinks the sky is green ha. At the end of the day weed is bad for you and will cause even more problems if legalized on a large scale and not just in Washington state. I posted the cons and we don't need any of them so you lose and you're a terrible human being for even defending it. Like I said before about the crack head...they will defend it no matter what like a kid trying his hardest not to be wrong.
---
"Good luck"
#177Jokerz_WildcardPosted 1/5/2013 12:12:39 PM
TheRedDash posted...
No I'm just giving up talking to someone who is a blind zombie who thinks the sky is green ha. At the end of the day weed is bad for you and will cause even more problems if legalized on a large scale and not just in Washington state. I posted the cons and we don't need any of them so you lose and you're a terrible human being for even defending it. Like I said before about the crack head...they will defend it no matter what like a kid trying his hardest not to be wrong.

I give up on you, you're worse than a Republican. Goobai, time to spark this spiff up.
#178Solstice_Posted 1/5/2013 12:27:59 PM
I would if i had any . And btw...do people know how many successful RICH actors & actresses smoke?

Check out these links:

http://coedmagazine.com/2009/02/06/the-10-most-successful-potheads-on-the-planet-cool-enough-to-admit-it/

http://www.theweedblog.com/ten-celebrity-potheads-that-might-surprise-you/

Those are probably just scratching the surface. I don't see why people can drink alchohol @ 21, go to wars and die for the USA @ 18, smoke cigarettes (which are proven killers), but are not allowed to toke down before a meal or whenever they want to be honest.

The war is failing, legalize across the country and allow farmers to grow it as well as hemp and watch the money half the country keeps complaining about "roll" in....
---
No, no, the Vagrant Story is not for sale. Now Playing: Black Ops II/Tekken Tag 2/Civilization V/Skyrim/HoMM3
#179TheRedDashPosted 1/5/2013 12:37:20 PM
TheRedDash posted...

I give up on you, you're worse than a Republican. Goobai, time to spark this spiff up.

Bye:) run off
---
"Good luck"
#180FaustXIIPosted 1/5/2013 1:20:32 PM
Solstice_ posted...
I would if i had any . And btw...do people know how many successful RICH actors & actresses smoke?

Check out these links:

http://coedmagazine.com/2009/02/06/the-10-most-successful-potheads-on-the-planet-cool-enough-to-admit-it/

http://www.theweedblog.com/ten-celebrity-potheads-that-might-surprise-you/

Those are probably just scratching the surface. I don't see why people can drink alchohol @ 21, go to wars and die for the USA @ 18, smoke cigarettes (which are proven killers), but are not allowed to toke down before a meal or whenever they want to be honest.

The war is failing, legalize across the country and allow farmers to grow it as well as hemp and watch the money half the country keeps complaining about "roll" in....

I like you.