I Don't Understand These Spawns

#1GameOverAlreadyPosted 1/5/2013 1:14:39 PM
I cannot figure out how the spawns work in this game. I've killed a guy in KC and then been killed by the same exact guy before I can even reach his tags. I've turned a corner and found half their team charging at me. I've wandered aimlessly without seeing anyone for ages. I've spawned behind an obstacle, and an enemy was just ADSing at the obstacle to shoot me the instant I moved.

A good game for me is getting a UAV up. I almost never win a head-to-head firefight, but I know that's connection-based BS. All I have to work with is spawn and map knowledge...but I am just baffled as to how the game chooses spawns. Help!
#2DvoloS88Posted 1/5/2013 1:24:19 PM
GameOverAlready posted...
I cannot figure out how the spawns work in this game. I've killed a guy in KC and then been killed by the same exact guy before I can even reach his tags. I've turned a corner and found half their team charging at me. I've wandered aimlessly without seeing anyone for ages. I've spawned behind an obstacle, and an enemy was just ADSing at the obstacle to shoot me the instant I moved.

A good game for me is getting a UAV up. I almost never win a head-to-head firefight, but I know that's connection-based BS. All I have to work with is spawn and map knowledge...but I am just baffled as to how the game chooses spawns. Help!

Spawns... One of the top 3 examples of why COD multiplayer has been completely broken since i can remember, atleast for 5 titles.
#3Maximus40Posted 1/5/2013 1:26:44 PM
It sucks, but this game will never employ spawn protection. Adding it in for 3 seconds would help a lot.
---
You're born with nothing, better make it enough.
#4QualiTPosted 1/5/2013 1:27:22 PM
I know right?

I was playing hijacked and our team just cleared out C dom. The whole of our team was between C dom and the midde of the map, so it makes sense that the enemy spawns at A right?

ROFL, no. A guy spawned right behind all of us and proceeded to get a 5 streak going because we didnt expect him to spawn there. The killcam was literally him dying, spawning behind us and then killing us with his R870.

Whoever programmed these spawns was obviously higher than usual that day.
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
http://i.imgur.com/FjisB.gif
#5PharoahPelicanPosted 1/5/2013 1:31:32 PM
DvoloS88 posted...
GameOverAlready posted...

Spawns... One of the top 3 examples of why COD multiplayer has been completely broken since i can remember, atleast for 5 titles.

CoD4 didn't have good spawns either.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#6fatclemenzaPosted 1/5/2013 1:35:19 PM
CoD4 didn't have good spawns either.

They were static for the most part. Spawns wouldn't flip unless someone on the other team ran into it. Although I can think of a few locations in particular that were prone to bad spawns.
---
Me and my uncle went ridin' down, South Colorado, West Texas bound
BO2 Combat Record - http://tinyurl.com/cxvk9xr
#7Foxx3kPosted 1/5/2013 1:35:43 PM
I'm convinced that the only spawn logic is "spawn on the opposite side than you spawned last time."
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#8fatclemenzaPosted 1/5/2013 1:40:39 PM
I'm convinced that the only spawn logic is "spawn on the opposite side than you spawned last time."

lol QFT. It feels like there's 2 spawn in most maps. One deployment, or the other. That's true for every symmetrical map.
---
Me and my uncle went ridin' down, South Colorado, West Texas bound
BO2 Combat Record - http://tinyurl.com/cxvk9xr
#9GameOverAlready(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 2:44:10 PM
Damn there's just people all over the place all the time...I can't kill one guy without two other people shooting me WTF
#10TheProfitLemonPosted 1/5/2013 4:01:30 PM
Blame the community all they did was complain about the maps being too big and the game being slow paced. Now we have small maps and fast paced gameplay just what the community wanted.