Any LOGICAL reason why the orbital VSAT should exist?

#11MrBombasticaIPosted 1/7/2013 4:53:28 AM
MistaHardkill posted...
I said benefit. Not provide an unfair advantage.

5 years ago, anything like this would have been looked at as a hack/cheat. Still is in almost EVERY other FPS.

Only reason Treyarch implemented this is because as the player base gets "more casual", they need to be able to get more kills easily to make them feel a little bit better than they actually are.

No. Just stop. If they are so cheap, then why play the game?
---
I love to message and I cannot lie
Sending texts about my life
#12PharoahPelicanPosted 1/7/2013 4:53:29 AM
MistaHardkill posted...
I don't use ghost. Don't presume on me like every other nub who thinks CoD somehow is "competitive" and "edgy". It's a radar hack.

VSATs don't come often. If someone on the other team gets a VSAT you're probably getting your ass beat anyway.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#13Caolan_2k9Posted 1/7/2013 4:53:36 AM
They're not easy to get at all, but not super hard either. If you're playing with 3 or more guys they're a piece of cake to get. Ever ran into a full team using the vsat? Insanely unbalanced and unfair, the same in BO1, granted it was a low streak but even so raising the amount of points needed to obtain barely balanced the fact that it's unfair. You rarely win a gun fight when the enemy have one up unless they aren't watching the radar or you get lucky.
---
Always up for a 1v1, friendly or competitive. Gamertag - HyPe xKiwi
#14MistaHardkill(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 4:59:30 AM
MrBombasticaI posted...
MistaHardkill posted...

5 years ago, anything like this would have been looked at as a hack/cheat. Still is in almost EVERY other FPS.

Only reason Treyarch implemented this is because as the player base gets "more casual", they need to be able to get more kills easily to make them feel a little bit better than they actually are.

I said logical; not incidental.

I play the game for the same reason 80% of the playerbase does. Not cause it's necessarily amazing, but because their friends play it. It's a chain effect really.
#15Caolan_2k9Posted 1/7/2013 5:04:58 AM
MistaHardkill posted...
MrBombasticaI posted...
MistaHardkill posted...

I play the game for the same reason 80% of the playerbase does. Not cause it's necessarily amazing, but because their friends play it. It's a chain effect really.

Okay that's a little odd, 80%? The game is not amazing yes, but it is fun, and that's why 80% of people play it. Few people play just "because their friends play it".
---
Always up for a 1v1, friendly or competitive. Gamertag - HyPe xKiwi
#16PharoahPelicanPosted 1/7/2013 5:07:59 AM
MistaHardkill posted...
MrBombasticaI posted...
MistaHardkill posted...

Couldn't you just, like, camp when a VSAT comes out? Find a good spot, set up some betties or claymores or shock charges, toss on Tac Mask and Flak Jacket so that if they chuck concussions, frags, or any other grenade at you you live, and just camp out the VSAT. They know just where you are and you know that they are going to be hunting you down, so use the fact that you know that to your advantage and lead them into traps.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#17TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 1/7/2013 5:30:02 AM
MistaHardkill posted...
I don't use them. They are cheap. I set my killstreaks to something that will benefit my team. Lightning strike, AGR, EMP.

I can usually get them almost every game.

Annnndddd this is where I stop reading
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#18TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 1/7/2013 5:34:08 AM
PharoahPelican posted...
MistaHardkill posted...
MrBombasticaI posted...
MistaHardkill posted...

Couldn't you just, like, camp when a VSAT comes out? Find a good spot, set up some betties or claymores or shock charges, toss on Tac Mask and Flak Jacket so that if they chuck concussions, frags, or any other grenade at you you live, and just camp out the VSAT. They know just where you are and you know that they are going to be hunting you down, so use the fact that you know that to your advantage and lead them into traps.

First thought that came to my mind. Too bad the majority of this community acts like their fingers will fall off if they have to sit still for a little while and would rather keep running around and lose the game than use a strategy that will give them a better chance of winning. Same goes for Lodestars, VTOLS, etc. They'll spawn in a building and STILL go running outside just to get killed instead of simply waiting it out.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#19thatman6sic6Posted 1/7/2013 5:34:08 AM
AirRawr_ posted...
yea the vsat is new and exciting and wasnt in black ops 1

BO1 started it I think lol.. It was just called a blackbird then mw3 had advanced UAV and now its call VSAT
---
xbl GT:thatman 6sic6 psn id:thatman_6sic6
#20Skello1OPosted 1/7/2013 5:46:57 AM
Stats please?
---
FELICITATIONS MALFACTORS, I AM ENDEVERING TO MISAPROPRIATE THE FORMULARY FOR THE PREPERATION OF AFFORDABLE CUMESETABLES..... WHO WILL JOIN ME?!