Any LOGICAL reason why the orbital VSAT should exist?

#31JVel91Posted 1/7/2013 7:43:32 AM
slimclemenza reporting for duty.
---
EMS
#32slimclemenzaPosted 1/7/2013 7:47:27 AM
slimclemenza reporting for duty.

sir yes sir!
---
Me and my uncle went ridin' down, South Colorado, West Texas bound
BO2 Combat Record - http://tinyurl.com/cxvk9xr
#33ONeillz1130Posted 1/7/2013 8:16:28 AM
JP603 posted...
In the end, no direct counter = no balance. As much as I love my VSAT, TC is right - it can get crazy.

Now as much as i may agree with you, this, i have to fully disagree with. The Vsat is what, like 1200 or so score? And the Cuav is around 600-700? How can you call no direct counter when you could earn 2 before someone gets a vsat, completely nullifying it for the full duration, plus some depending on how you use them/earn them.

But thats my 2 cents. Feel free to correct me, but i think my info is correct.
#34zeromaruoPosted 1/7/2013 8:16:37 AM
JP603 posted...
I can count on one hand the amount of times an enemy team has called a VSAT on me - and that holds true for whether I am partied up or running solo. Therefore, I can see how the balance issues with this can be so easily ignored by the majority of the community.

While I agree that the VSAT turns the game into easy mode (I use it - we all know how ridiculous it is), I honestly have not run across too many opponents that can put one up.

On the other side of things - once one person in my party calls up a VSAT, it pretty much guarantees our streaks will be up in the air for the remainder of the game or it guarantees a chain of VSATs.

In the end, no direct counter = no balance. As much as I love my VSAT, TC is right - it can get crazy.

What do you call the EMP/CUAV VSAT has a direct counter to it depends on the skill of the team to counter it.
#35dj___rollPosted 1/7/2013 8:35:23 AM
Quote:They're not easy to get at all, but not super hard either. If you're playing with 3 or more guys they're a piece of cake to get. Ever ran into a full team using the vsat? Insanely unbalanced and unfair, the same in BO1, granted it was a low streak but even so raising the amount of points needed to obtain barely balanced the fact that it's unfair. You rarely win a gun fight when the enemy have one up unless they aren't watching the radar or you get lucky.
@Caolan_2k9
Run cuav and emp then.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#36Ryan161992Posted 1/7/2013 8:37:48 AM
MistaHardkill posted...
UAV is enough. We used to call these radar hacks back in the day. I swear they just keep adding things to this game to make it easier to play.

Someone's mad they can't hide behind ghost with vsat up

Lol get good.
#37BlueKnuxPosted 1/7/2013 8:50:17 AM
Ryan161992 posted...
MistaHardkill posted...
UAV is enough. We used to call these radar hacks back in the day. I swear they just keep adding things to this game to make it easier to play.

Someone's mad they can't hide behind ghost with vsat up

Lol get good.

Pretty much that.
---
"The normal make a living. The deranged make history." - Christopher Titus
"A conservative is a liberal that has never been mugged." - Julie, The Maxx
#38HaganPosted 1/7/2013 8:57:55 AM
MistaHardkill posted...
I don't use ghost. Don't presume on me like every other nub who thinks CoD somehow is "competitive" and "edgy". It's a radar hack.

They're in our base haxing our raydarz.
---
XBL GT= illidan z
http://www.youtube.com/user/illidanz
#39destructoclausPosted 1/7/2013 9:07:08 AM
Sorry, I can't take any complaints about the VSAT in this game even halfway seriously. In Blops 1, it took a measly 8 kills to get one. When I ran it in Blops 1, I almost got it once a match. Now, I'll see it once every like, 7-8 games or so. It is much harder to come by these days. Plus, it doesn't break the game. It lasts for under a minute and then it's over. It's SUPPOSED to be a huge advantage for a time period.
---
Soul Silver FC - 4469 3620 2054 / Diamond FC - 1033 3883 0634
#40KillaBeAtPosted 1/7/2013 9:07:39 AM
MistaHardkill posted...
I don't use them. They are cheap. I set my killstreaks to something that will benefit my team. Lightning strike, AGR, EMP.

I can usually get them almost every game.

Yes. Lightning strike, and AGR = benefits your team
Orbital VSAT = cheap. Perfect
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.