Why do you play with no mic?

#41trakrunr4evrPosted 1/7/2013 8:23:37 AM
forgotten0285 posted...
i dont want to talk to or listen to randoms.

/thread

This. 9 out of 10 randoms that have mics are either blaring music, raging, or 8 year old kids too young to play the game. I mute everyone in the lobby every single game.
---
GT: Stelthmastr
#42seankimberley42Posted 1/7/2013 8:23:44 AM
My mic hisses a bit when plugged in. That and the fact that one out of every twenty people have a mic and aren't in party chat means that I'm not wasting my time plugging it in. I spent a full year over BO/MW3 with my mic plugged in and almost no one spoke a word that wasn't an insult.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#43FoxtrotDelta88Posted 1/7/2013 8:33:41 AM
trakrunr4evr posted...
forgotten0285 posted...
i dont want to talk to or listen to randoms.

/thread

This. 9 out of 10 randoms that have mics are either blaring music, raging, or 8 year old kids too young to play the game. I mute everyone in the lobby every single game.

This is the main reason why 90% of the people mute everyone in a lobby, and in my opinion, it's the people who need "team communication" when playing with randoms that needs their team as a crutch. The people that primarily play with full parties also need their team as a crutch, I'm a fairly good player so i have enough confidence to go into a team based game mode without 5 other friends, and i know a lot of people who are better than me that do the same
---
I believe in Jim Gordon...I believe in Harvey Dent...I believe in Gotham City
#44jwhudexnlsPosted 1/7/2013 8:46:12 AM
I kind of miss this, in the old days of cod 4 and halo 3 it seemed like everyone had a mic in.
#45therickmu25Posted 1/7/2013 9:07:29 AM
It directly has to do with the maturity of the community. I play a lot of competitive or co-op based PC games as well and almost everyone has a mic that they actually use not to play the latest horrible pop song or scream but rather to use for actual 'VOICE COMMUNICATION' for strategy and teamwork.

If you are talking during a competitive game and have nothing good to say, then you will most likely be looked at as someone that they won't want to play with again.

It's a complete 180 playing on Xbox where usually the people with mics are a team of 6 that only have them plugged in to shout slurs.
---
http://i.imgur.com/34Fj8.jpg
#46XT3M3Posted 1/7/2013 9:09:59 AM
1. a MAJORITY of the community on the mic says NOTHING productive/ helpful to the team in game chat outside of league play.

2. if i wanted to hear music i play my amazon mp3 player on my phone. 1 in every 20 people to play music on the mic actually plays something good/ NOT played out.

3. this can be with the first thing i posted but here is how game chat goes.

me: GUYS HES AT A
random: STFU YOUR BAD

giant fight ensures with the whole lobby in 2 mins.

4. the other teamates are in Party chat/ have there only mics out or just arent talking.
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Is it weird that it might be more likely that Tc wins powerball than wizards winning? ~ KoD_Immortal
#47VirtrudianPosted 1/7/2013 9:11:43 AM
My headset starts to hurt the ears after a while. I only use it when I'm playing with friends.
---
Official Ash Ketchum of the ACIII boards.
PSN - Otherside7
#481GATORFANPosted 1/7/2013 9:14:53 AM
Lol I love people trying to tell me how to play a game I bought.

If you don't like it get a group/ clan and join them or give be $80 an ill play the way you want me to
#49CyhortI82Posted 1/7/2013 9:29:09 AM
Because I don't want to talk to anyone and I don't really care about wining every single game. I hate coming up against a team that works together, but it happens maybe once or twice in a two hour play session so it's not that big of a deal. At the end of the day I care more about how I do in a game than whether or not my team wins. And, no, I'm not gonna play free for all because I don't like free for all. So deal with it.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#50Juzten76Posted 1/7/2013 9:45:03 AM
It is fun when you are grouped with a bunch of muted randoms up against a partied clan and your team still whoops them.