A good read for the "you care too much about your kd" kids and maybe all others

#11SinCityKidPosted 1/7/2013 7:15:06 PM
Playing to win and playing to max your kd are two different things.
#12ICantNameGudPosted 1/7/2013 7:15:31 PM
SnakeEyes170 posted...
ICantNameGud posted...
That must be why people dashboard and scream about every death they get and how BS *gun/equipment* is as they go 30-9. Because it's fun to take it seriously.

not sure that dashboarding really applies, but i'm pretty sure a large portion of the playerbase complains about guns whether they "play for fun" or not.

and THOSE people have nothing to do with what this article is saying. a lot of people here will call anybody who is good at the game out, saying they care too much about their kd and probably play too much and dashboard and blah blah blah even though they don't care too much, or play too much, or dashboard at all. this article isn't defending some rampaging idiot who runs his mouth whenever he dies. it's defending the people who do the exact same thing as "casual players", they play the game and have fun.

Gotcha. It just seems like anyone I see over 2.5 is a whiney ***** no matter how well they are doing. I read part of the article, it makes sense. I have just seen the high KDR people who are definitely not having fun.
---
iPhone, typos, apologies.
#13fallenKlNGPosted 1/7/2013 7:16:18 PM
Tl;dr

I usually would play for fun without caring about my k/d ratio. However, the skill based matching system forces me to care. I don't wanna play against noobs forever. Right now my k/d is .73 and I think I'm paired with pretty bad players such as myself.
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
#14Mander1861Posted 1/7/2013 7:18:56 PM
TLDR

Nerds defending their nerdiness.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#15SnakeEyes170(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 7:19:33 PM
ICantNameGud posted...
SnakeEyes170 posted...
ICantNameGud posted...
That must be why people dashboard and scream about every death they get and how BS *gun/equipment* is as they go 30-9. Because it's fun to take it seriously.

not sure that dashboarding really applies, but i'm pretty sure a large portion of the playerbase complains about guns whether they "play for fun" or not.

and THOSE people have nothing to do with what this article is saying. a lot of people here will call anybody who is good at the game out, saying they care too much about their kd and probably play too much and dashboard and blah blah blah even though they don't care too much, or play too much, or dashboard at all. this article isn't defending some rampaging idiot who runs his mouth whenever he dies. it's defending the people who do the exact same thing as "casual players", they play the game and have fun.

Gotcha. It just seems like anyone I see over 2.5 is a whiney ***** no matter how well they are doing. I read part of the article, it makes sense. I have just seen the high KDR people who are definitely not having fun.

i have a 2.8 kd and i pretty much just play the game. some stuff is irritating, i think everybody gets irritated by getting spawnkilled or joining a game to see dogs destroying your team with a swarm to match and all that. but i don't really have an aneurysm over it like those kinds of guys do.
---
http://blackacrebrewing.com/hey.swf
DotA 2 random player
#16ICantNameGudPosted 1/7/2013 7:20:06 PM
fallenKlNG posted...
Tl;dr

I usually would play for fun without caring about my k/d ratio. However, the skill based matching system forces me to care. I don't wanna play against noobs forever. Right now my k/d is .73 and I think I'm paired with pretty bad players such as myself.

SBMM has been loosened. I get people anywhere from .8 up to 2.5+. My kill confirmed lobby leaderboards SPM ranges from 250-500. If you really want to boost your KD an you think you only play n00bs just you the cheapest classes for a week or two.
---
iPhone, typos, apologies.
#17CallMeSeekerPosted 1/7/2013 7:20:36 PM
With a title like that why wouldn't I waste 5 minutes of my life reading that? >_>
---
i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz || Biostar TZ77B || Sapphire 6950 || Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1600MHz || Crucial M4 128GB || Spinpoint F3 1TB
#18SnakeEyes170(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 7:20:43 PM
Mander1861 posted...
TLDR

i was good at cod4 from the very first mp match i played
you can be naturally good at something, or good at something after a lot of experience with it. you can also be a neckbeard basement dweller and still suck.
---
http://blackacrebrewing.com/hey.swf
DotA 2 random player
#19supercoolisaacPosted 1/7/2013 7:22:27 PM
Read the whole thing and thoroughly enjoyed it lol, completely agree with everything he said.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#20Mander1861Posted 1/7/2013 7:24:32 PM
SnakeEyes170 posted...
Mander1861 posted...
TLDR

i was good at cod4 from the very first mp match i played
you can be naturally good at something, or good at something after a lot of experience with it. you can also be a neckbeard basement dweller and still suck.

I was good at COD4 as well.
Then I gave up on the series and now suck at it.
Now I play video games for fun since im older and dont care about e rep or dominating strangers on a video game because im not a nerd.
Not saying I dont like a good kd or like to win.
Just nothing like I used to.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.