A good read for the "you care too much about your kd" kids and maybe all others

#21SnakeEyes170(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 8:27:47 PM
Mander1861 posted...
SnakeEyes170 posted...
Mander1861 posted...
TLDR

Nerds defending their nerdiness.

i was good at cod4 from the very first mp match i played
you can be naturally good at something, or good at something after a lot of experience with it. you can also be a neckbeard basement dweller and still suck.

I was good at COD4 as well.
Then I gave up on the series and now suck at it.
Now I play video games for fun since im older and dont care about e rep or dominating strangers on a video game because im not a nerd.
Not saying I dont like a good kd or like to win.
Just nothing like I used to.

and people are naturally competitive. some people get a kick out of being better than other people at something, regardless of whether it's a sport or a video game. being a nerd isn't a requirement.

but if you really don't care about e rep because you aren't a "nerd" you should really change your sig or something
---
http://blackacrebrewing.com/hey.swf
DotA 2 random player
#22muffinmasherPosted 1/7/2013 8:27:51 PM
I don't know what he's talking about, I just play for fun.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#23Mander1861Posted 1/7/2013 8:28:16 PM
SnakeEyes170 posted...
Mander1861 posted...
SnakeEyes170 posted...
Mander1861 posted...
TLDR

i was good at cod4 from the very first mp match i played
you can be naturally good at something, or good at something after a lot of experience with it. you can also be a neckbeard basement dweller and still suck.

I was good at COD4 as well.
Then I gave up on the series and now suck at it.
Now I play video games for fun since im older and dont care about e rep or dominating strangers on a video game because im not a nerd.
Not saying I dont like a good kd or like to win.
Just nothing like I used to.

and people are naturally competitive. some people get a kick out of being better than other people at something, regardless of whether it's a sport or a video game. being a nerd isn't a requirement.

but if you really don't care about e rep because you aren't a "nerd" you should really change your sig or something

nah thats nerd bait.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#24namewitheldPosted 1/7/2013 8:43:06 PM
Its a childs toy.

A suprising facet of childhood is how seriously children take themselves. Oft overlooked.
#25rock1644Posted 1/7/2013 8:44:46 PM
The more kills I get, the more fun I have.
#26BattleAxeRXPosted 1/7/2013 9:36:53 PM
Mander1861 posted...
I play for fun.

=)

No s***, bro? Me too!

It was a great article.

"These are where you keep the video games? Oh cool, I love to play these for fun!!!!
Me like chocolate too, I drink chocolate, It's a lot of fun!

Gais, know what's fun? VIDEOGAMES!!! I like to go outside and throw the baseball! It's fun! That's why I do it!
I like to lick sweat off of women's legs! So much fun! That's why I do it!
Gais?"

---
Resonance of Fate is the best game you've never played. Buy it On Demand. Merry Christmas.
#27GenjoPosted 1/7/2013 10:03:32 PM
That was the biggest wall of butthurt I've ever not read.
#28Governator00Posted 1/7/2013 10:22:16 PM
Sorry, taking games really seriously (unless you are actually good enough to go pro) is a waste of time. There is absolutely no benefit to the real world. No one is going to praise you for your high K/D ratio in the real world. Maybe someone will comment that you are good over the internet, that's it. It's like people attach self worth to being good at a video game, a completely useless skill. So instead of being focused on preserving your meaningless K/D ratio maybe you should just occasionally relax and stop having a nervous breakdown if your K/D goes below a 2.0.

Oh, and before you just call me terrible I'm not too bad. I have a 1.5 K/D, which isn't too bad compared to the average player I would say.
---
Nothings right with you if nothings wrong with you.
#29SnakeEyes170(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 10:34:11 PM
Governator00 posted...
Sorry, taking games really seriously (unless you are actually good enough to go pro) is a waste of time. There is absolutely no benefit to the real world. No one is going to praise you for your high K/D ratio in the real world. Maybe someone will comment that you are good over the internet, that's it. It's like people attach self worth to being good at a video game, a completely useless skill. So instead of being focused on preserving your meaningless K/D ratio maybe you should just occasionally relax and stop having a nervous breakdown if your K/D goes below a 2.0.

Oh, and before you just call me terrible I'm not too bad. I have a 1.5 K/D, which isn't too bad compared to the average player I would say.

So is not taking them seriously. video games are a waste of time. you play them to kill time, kick back, and enjoy yourself. nobody will commend you for NOT taking them seriously either, and you won't even have the occasional person saying you're good over the internet.
you aren't on higher ground just because you don't take the game seriously, although this article mainly says that people who say "i play for fun" are just using it as an excuse because there are people better than them, that's also part of the point of the article.
---
http://blackacrebrewing.com/hey.swf
DotA 2 random player
#30BipBapBamPosted 1/7/2013 10:34:54 PM
Mander1861 posted...
TLDR