A good read for the "you care too much about your kd" kids and maybe all others

#41x7forgottenPosted 1/8/2013 6:46:55 AM(edited)
This guy has got his panties all in a wad. I 'play for fun' and I am willing to bet most everyone else does too. The way to have fun, however, is different from person to person as each person is different. If your fun comes from the serious competitor play style where every game demands every ounce of your skill and proper psychological warfare then there is a place for you in CoD. If your fun comes from the opposite side of the spectrum where you run around like a braindead zombie just feeding the enemy a win hoping you just get lucky enough to get a care package with swarm in it once a month, then that is there for you too.

The game has multiple ways to play it and with millions of people playing no one is going to agree on what the 'best' way is or which way is the most 'fun'. For example mine is 'winning' too but I also like to try out every weapon. Once I max prestige/level a weapon and get gold camo for it, I don't use it anymore UNLESS we are not winning by a comfortable level. Then I pull out one of my trusted easy mode classes and proceed to make sure we win.

Edit: Fixed spelling mistake.
#42TheRealPhattyJPosted 1/8/2013 7:03:24 AM
Holy cow the author of that article is a control freak. Let me summarize...

"Everybody plays for fun. How DARE anyone disagree with ME what fun is, though, as only I get to determine what is fun."

I'm a very, very good soccer player. Played semi-pro indoor in Baltimore my senior year of high school. Still play to this day, very very well. Still get invitations to play at a competitive level, but I turn them down. Why? I only play for the fun of it. Win or lose, I don't really care. I just wanna hang out with my friends and have fun when I can.

This writer's just pissed that other people can think and decide for themselves, while he can't. He can only find fun in striving to be the best at everything, and can't break out that box, and so he's lashing out at those who can.
#43Curbdog51Posted 1/8/2013 7:11:33 AM
I play for objectives and not a K/D ratio.

If K/D is so important in your life, put it in your next job resume and see where it gets you.
---
GT : Curbdog
#44T_r_a_m_PPosted 1/8/2013 7:30:40 AM
What I find funny is, the people who are getting defensive in this topic are the "I play for fun" type he was talking about. How can being bad be fun?? Cant seem to get my head around it
---
Gamertag: BuSteD TramP
Ewgh thats gotta hurt!
#45shinnok2k5Posted 1/8/2013 7:52:49 AM
Because when you are bad you find ways to amuse yourself. you learn to get better, you see resukts as you develop faster reaction and learn tricks here and there. I do not care if my team wins for example. sometimes I dont care if I go super negative because there will be that one Guy who annoys me and as long as I can ruin his kill streak and keep him from achieving his nuke card or swarms or whatever I am having fun. Mind you I am a decent player, but I can find ways to have fun that dont involve absolutely stomping the enemy. People have different personalities man. you think its fun to destroy people whatever way possible, a younger kid might think have a good time because he reaches a high level kill streak or rolls one in a care package. My son plays combat training (local, not online because he is 6, YES I know you think hes too young but both myself, my wife, and my ex wife are all military, there is no hiding war and guns from him, I just have to be sure to educate, train, and guide him in the proper use of weapons, discretion, and responsibilities and a good set of moral values). And he thinks its awesome just to nail someone with a shotgun or call in attack dogs. When we play swat together on halo, he doesnt care if he goes 8 and 20 so long as he gets a few kills and absolutely is beside himself when he manages to sneak up on someone and assassinate them or melee them. We all have our own idea of fun based on our personalities and mindset. We dont all need to be uber elite to have fun man. Video games are meant to relax you, not stress you out about skill level. If it enrages you or disappoints you daily, consider a new hobby or at least a different game.
---
USA>Canada (people who agree:18 people who disagree:0)
"We live in a world of give and take, but not enough men are willing to give what it takes"
#46gumbyxcore99Posted 1/8/2013 8:05:13 AM
what a terrible article.
---
iller than phil schiller
#47a_fartn_SpartanPosted 1/8/2013 8:14:12 AM
There are times where I find it fun to **** around with an assault shield class or something unusual. I'd consider that "playing for fun." But I have a 1.7 K/D only playing Team Deathmatch (except for a few games in FFA getting pistol/shotgun attachments), and I'm darn proud of that.
---
Hair Straightener - Please use above waist.
#48DougEInstructorPosted 1/8/2013 8:14:53 AM
gumbyxcore99 posted...
what a terrible article.

what was so bad about it?
#49slayerxelitePosted 1/8/2013 8:21:30 AM
The author of that article clearly cares way too much about his K/D ratio and is very mad about it. He should play for fun.
---
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan Kenobi talking about GameFAQs
#50Cornbread4lifePosted 1/8/2013 8:29:48 AM
Ok fine, instead of saying I play for fun, I'll just tell the people who beat me and have 10 more DAYS of playtime than me that they are straight up no life losers. The article makes it seem like players who say that are saying it as a cop out or really mean it as an insult, but also assumes that people sugarcoat their insults on COD (which is obviously ridiculous). So fine, I won't say I play for fun, I'll just call the "competitive" people who beat me what they really are: losers with too much free time. Thanks article, you've inspired me to be a more direct a******.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
I'm loud, obnoxious, vulgar, and impaired by "substance abuse" 99% of the time. You've been warned.