The Better CODs had OP weapons

#1PenguinKoalaPosted 1/9/2013 3:04:21 AM
Weapon balance sucks.

BO2 and MW3 seem to have the best weapon balance in the series, but they also have the most boring weapons and boring games.

Coincidence?
---
"I played through normal on D2, which was enough to tell me it wasn't as fun as Titan Quest or PSO." ~ Sinfullyvannila
#2Caolan_2k9Posted 1/9/2013 3:07:08 AM
Mw3... weapon balance... what? Mw3 was boring because it was copy and pasted, nothing to do with weapon balance.
---
Always up for a 1v1, friendly or competitive. Gamertag - HyPe xKiwi
#3PenguinKoala(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 3:16:29 AM
Caolan_2k9 posted...
Mw3... weapon balance... what? Mw3 was boring because it was copy and pasted, nothing to do with weapon balance.

I'm not saying that's the only reason. MW3 sucked for far more reasons than just the bland weapons.
---
"I played through normal on D2, which was enough to tell me it wasn't as fun as Titan Quest or PSO." ~ Sinfullyvannila
#4Caolan_2k9Posted 1/9/2013 3:19:40 AM
PenguinKoala posted...
Caolan_2k9 posted...

I'm not saying that's the only reason. MW3 sucked for far more reasons than just the bland weapons.

I don't think you can contribute the games success to a weapon considering OP weapons make the majority of us rage so bad, unless you're the dbag using the OP weapon (not saying YOU are, just you as in the community in general) then the games fun factor is not determined by a few OP weapons.
---
Always up for a 1v1, friendly or competitive. Gamertag - HyPe xKiwi
#5Zero IXPosted 1/9/2013 4:27:47 AM
PenguinKoala posted...
Weapon balance sucks.

BO2 and MW3 seem to have the best weapon balance in the series, but they also have the most boring weapons and boring games.

Coincidence?

So much lol in this post. MW2 and BOII have the best weapon balance, not counting CoD4.

MW3's weapon balance is meh at best. A few guns trumped everything else.

No, weapon balance does not "suck."
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#6ICantNameGudPosted 1/9/2013 4:33:59 AM
I like how this game balanced the guns. They all work and most of them feel different. Not like Black Ops 1's "everything is an AR with movement differences".
---
And when I'm feeling stuck and need a buck, I don't rely on luck... because The hoook brings you baaack, I ain't tellin' you no lies
~CoD devs
#7RaynofettPosted 1/9/2013 4:52:06 AM
Zero IX posted...
PenguinKoala posted...
Weapon balance sucks.

Coincidence?

So much lol in this post. MW2 and BOII have the best weapon balance, not counting CoD4.

First time I've ever heard someone say mw2 was balanced.....your forgetting the spas or ump or heck duel models when it first came out.
---
GT: Raynofett
#8patkelly929Posted 1/9/2013 5:59:58 AM
MW2 had the best weapon balance. It did not have good perk balance. That was the problem main with it.

Grenade Launchers were only OP because the OMA/DC perk combination was OP. On their own, they were just fine.

MLC was OP because of infinite sprint and the teleportation lunge.

Overall, the weapons all were different, but still balanced.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#9shadowsofdawnPosted 1/9/2013 6:02:58 AM
You must've thought W@W was the greatest COD ever then. Dat MP40.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#10darkdragon_9600Posted 1/9/2013 6:11:20 AM
Raynofett posted...
Zero IX posted...
PenguinKoala posted...
Weapon balance sucks.

Coincidence?

First time I've ever heard someone say mw2 was balanced.....your forgetting the spas or ump or heck duel models when it first came out.

Models were nerfed, every shotgun would be terribly UP as primaries given the size of the maps and lol UMP
---
Can I haz cheezburger?