The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Does anybody else get an "Unrecognizable Disc" error? Status Code 03-80-00

#1TullymarfusPosted 1/9/2013 3:45:20 PM
I am completely confused about this. I got this game not too long ago, and there are no scratches on it. It worked the first few days without much mishap but now it WILL NOT work. I don't have the warranty on my xbox anymore so I opened it up and did everything that I KNOW for a fact will make any game work. I have heard this a lot and I am wondering if anybody knows anything. I also have tried a lot of my other games and everyone works. I will be returning my copy for a new one to see if that works.

The xbox website doesn't have much to say, but there is discussion on there about it, and it seems a lot of people are confused as well.

So does anybody have info on this?
---
Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit if it ain't my good ol' friend from Goodsprings!
#2duericPosted 1/9/2013 3:49:24 PM
I've gotten this problem when the plastic around the center of the disc cracked.

The data part of the disc itself was in otherwise perfect condition.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#3Tullymarfus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 3:54:56 PM
Like I said, mine is literally out of the case condition, and all my other games work. It is so bizarre. I want to play this game because I just bought it for 50 bucks and now I have this absolutely confusing error that is making me frustrated and is wasting my time when I just want to play the game!
---
Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit if it ain't my good ol' friend from Goodsprings!
#4duericPosted 1/9/2013 4:05:46 PM
Tullymarfus posted...
Like I said, mine is literally out of the case condition, and all my other games work. It is so bizarre. I want to play this game because I just bought it for 50 bucks and now I have this absolutely confusing error that is making me frustrated and is wasting my time when I just want to play the game!

Yeah. I'd exchange it then.

It's not impossible for games to be lemons.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#5Hitman_67Posted 1/9/2013 4:17:35 PM
I get that or Mixed Media CD at random times, for what reasons i don't know. Perhaps something to do with the CD. The game works great, isn't cracked or scratched just has issues on startup randomly.

Ejecting the disc and replaying it works. Or anything that causes the laser to start working again, seems it skips the initial startup. But that might only be mine.

Old white 20GB Pro Xbox, but it was repaired/upgraded long ago for having E74 error.
Black Ops 2 disc is the one with Nuketown included.
Was a gift from my girlfriend for Christmas so it was an early copy. Maybe there is something different with its formatting? I don't know.
---
Commanding Officer of Phantom Operations (HoG)
Wont change sig till BigReed gets 1600MSP for Helping out
#6Ih8uguysPosted 1/9/2013 4:25:46 PM
I had the same happening to me but with pretty much all games, since i didn't have much to lose i used a cd/dvd laser lens cleaner disc and it seemed to have fixed it. I was hesitant to try it since the last time I did was on my ps2 way back and it made the problem worse.
---
I'm not your buddy, guy.