Don't you guys feel insulted by Treyarch?

#21fatclemenza(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 7:47:13 PM
I would love for someone to give me a short version of how he managed to test that and have a split screened version of him pop up 150+ms after it actually happened on P1's screen. Was he hosting this private match? Have people checked to make sure the time lines up properly?

It doesn't seem plausible to me.....

I took a look at the comments and found this:

There is a huge mismatch between the player model and the camera. I just recorded some clips of%uFEFF me playing in a local match on splitscreen and the player always seems to be 100+ ms behind the camera. I would sprint around a corner on Player 2 and find that Player 1 would not be to see Player 2 at all until around 8 frames after Player 1 spots Player 2.

Whether it be on LAN, in a local match, or online, you're always at a significant sight disadvantage to anyone moving around an object.

The uploader then replied:

Very sad this occurs in splitscreen, an entirely local match. There's no reason for lagcomp to be used here, but the fact that the delay for players inflicting damage is equal to that sight advantage shows the two problems%uFEFF are directly related, and therefore they must use at least part of this code in splitscreen as well. If the delays between damage/sight were not equal, I would agree it is a movement smoothing issue.
---
Me and my uncle went ridin' down, South Colorado, West Texas bound
BO2 Combat Record - http://tinyurl.com/cxvk9xr
#22SparkItUpPosted 1/9/2013 7:53:59 PM
fatclemenza posted...
I mean, they're ready to take more of your money, but not ready to even acknowledge that their game was broken connectivity-wise out of the box. That's audacious and insulting to their fan base.

Then again, there's enough people here and beyond who just go "shut up and take my money!" that I can't blame Treyarch for conducting business the way they do.

To be honest TC, there are more CoD fanboys that will defend the game till their dying breath, than those that are fans that will freely critique the game. They either will come at you with "well, other games in the series were worse" or they will just flat out claim this to be the best game of all time...all without acknowledging the games shortcomings & extreme failings. What they fail to realize is, true fans would expect a company to put out an actual quality product. Personally I consider myself a fan of the CoD series, and I have no problem point out each games faults that were inexcusable. The biggest problem I find with the games that have come out in the past few years is that they don't learn from their mistakes and continually make the same ones over & over all the while adding a few original ones.

If there is one thing CoD has done original over the past few years, it is adding a glitch or bug here & there of their very own that is either game breaking or extremely frustrating in the very least to deal with to the point it isn't fun to play.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFLXayD6e8
Now don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright, but that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night...
#23zxrax_alt_1Posted 1/9/2013 8:01:34 PM
Absolutely absurd. I don't get why the f*** this hasn't got more attention. I honestly didn't watch more than 45 seconds of the video and I didn't believe the part that I watched, but I'm going to take Capp00's approval of the video as a reason enough to actually believe him.
---
http://www.twitch.tv/vraage || GT: v Raage
i7-3770K @4.46GHz || GTX 680 FTW 4GB || 8GB 2133MHz || ASUS Maximus V Extreme || SSD 840 250GB || 2TB HDD
#24Governator00Posted 1/9/2013 8:03:01 PM
No, my game works just fine with the occasional hiccup.
---
Nothings right with you if nothings wrong with you.
#25fatclemenza(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:17:47 PM
Absolutely absurd. I don't get why the f*** this hasn't got more attention. I honestly didn't watch more than 45 seconds of the video and I didn't believe the part that I watched, but I'm going to take Capp00's approval of the video as a reason enough to actually believe him.

The part where there was a 600ms discrepancy between entering someone's view on your screen and theirs was enough to make me lol
---
Me and my uncle went ridin' down, South Colorado, West Texas bound
BO2 Combat Record - http://tinyurl.com/cxvk9xr
#26zxrax_alt_1Posted 1/9/2013 11:54:18 PM
The part that disgusted me was when I saw there is a >150ms delay on two consoles playing with practically 0ms ping on the same network in an online private match. I'd like to see if the same holds true when playing on a LAN/System Link environment - basically whether the way MLG will be going down is actually skillful or the same old lag communism distribution s*** that goes on in pubs.

I also really wish I knew how the game decides who to screw over, because people like OpTic Scump have literally godlike connections yet get a pristine online experience.
---
http://www.twitch.tv/vraage || GT: v Raage
i7-3770K @4.46GHz || GTX 680 FTW 4GB || 8GB 2133MHz || ASUS Maximus V Extreme || SSD 840 250GB || 2TB HDD
#27FeelMyBladePosted 1/9/2013 11:59:21 PM
Nope. I don't feel insulted by Treyarch.

And I am going to give me money for the DLC too, because I am interested in it.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-42
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Given:15
#28LedMikeWPosted 1/10/2013 12:31:16 AM
slaveanselmo posted...
I saw a preview for the maps.. nothing too exciting.. "OMG A SKATEPARK!!!"

Idk how you guys feel about the dynamic water element in Hydro but in the vid Vonderhaar looked like he could barely contain himself..apparently the water turns you to dust I guess.

I like how the ski lift lightly brushed against that guy and he fell over dead. That will be infuriating when it happens I'm sure.
#29CarbonFibrePosted 1/10/2013 2:31:26 AM
I only bought CoD4, MW2, and MW3. After MW3, I'll probably never buy one of these games again. It's a shame because MW3 with better maps and no lag compensation would be amazing.
#30Soul_On_DisplayPosted 1/10/2013 2:40:49 AM
Agreed, TC.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~TL;DR? Don't care.~