Video Game addiction. I think i have a problem

#1Teh_5_StarzPosted 1/10/2013 9:11:20 AM
I feel i play this game too much. It has gotten to the point where it is effecting. My social life significantly ( not school or work tho)

If someone hits me up to go out on the weekend, I'll make up a story and say no, when im really grinding through prestige. The only time i don't play is when i have school or work. Haven't had a girl in about 2 years either. Dont find them important right now anyway

I mean, this was fine in high school because i was just a kid, but I'm older now. Im starting to become a man, and i don't want my life going in the toilet.

I know it can be much worse, but i still feel i need to make a change
As of today, i am 5th prestige with over 4 days logged on

Maybe this was a bad idea and this topic will get trolled to hell, but its worth a shot

Here is a video that i feel really explains my situation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEk9dmVlGnE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

So what do you guys think about gaming addiction? One gamer to another?
---
GT: Teh 5 Star
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/dlc-the-mega64/719525
#2Andrew_RyannPosted 1/10/2013 9:14:25 AM
As long as its not affecting your school/work, who cares. You're doing what you want to do. YOLO bro...do it up however you want
#3Silver17Posted 1/10/2013 9:16:30 AM
Just because you don't wanna go out doesn't mean your an addict.

*being dead serious* You could be more of an introvert.

Just try to keep things in moderation, and try to make an attempt to go out on a weekend day more often...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#4kcchiefsfan1982Posted 1/10/2013 9:17:03 AM
How old are you?

I am 30. Probably would be married if it wasn't for xbox live and all the call of duty series.

You will probably remain single with the addiction (not a terrible thing.)

But, then, if you do get in a serious relationship, it will suffer because you will be wanting the date to end just so that you can play a few games before bed. If she moves in with you, that is a whole nother ball game!

If you do get married, and marry the wrong girl, life is going to SUCK, + you wont be able to play much COD.

If you get married and it is the RIGHT girl.....then screw xbox!!!!! Enjoy your life married to a hottie! Have lots and lots of sex!
#5startedONatariPosted 1/10/2013 9:17:03 AM
gaming addiction is real. you just need to get out of the house. the not having a girl is a non-issue, trust me i have been married for 6 years and spent 7 years with the girl before that.
#6startedONatariPosted 1/10/2013 9:17:52 AM
startedONatari posted...
gaming addiction is real. you just need to get out of the house. the not having a girl is a non-issue, trust me i have been married for 6 years and spent 7 years with the girl before that.

i'm 32 by the way.
#7Teh_5_Starz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 9:18:42 AM
Silver17 posted...
Just because you don't wanna go out doesn't mean your an addict.

*being dead serious* You could be more of an introvert.

Just try to keep things in moderation, and try to make an attempt to go out on a weekend day more often...

This is what a friend of mine told me and i think its probably true. I just dont find too much joy in going out and acting all fake all the time
---
#8Cornbread4lifePosted 1/10/2013 9:18:46 AM
4 days isn't terrible. The games been out for two months already right? That's an average of about an hour and a half a day.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
I'm loud, obnoxious, vulgar, and impaired by "substance abuse" 99% of the time. You've been warned.
#9Teh_5_Starz(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 9:19:27 AM
I am a 19 year old college student btw
---
#10Bonezy_BPosted 1/10/2013 9:19:54 AM
i agree with andrew, if its not affecting your school or work and it is making you happy **** play it as much as you want :) i play probably more than i should i stay up late every night then wake up early to do real life stuff so i'm always tired but i want to enjoy life so i play when i can cause gaming makes me happy too...