Video Game addiction. I think i have a problem

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Video Game addiction. I think i have a problem

User Info: Teh_5_Starz

Teh_5_Starz
4 years ago#1
I feel i play this game too much. It has gotten to the point where it is effecting. My social life significantly ( not school or work tho)

If someone hits me up to go out on the weekend, I'll make up a story and say no, when im really grinding through prestige. The only time i don't play is when i have school or work. Haven't had a girl in about 2 years either. Dont find them important right now anyway

I mean, this was fine in high school because i was just a kid, but I'm older now. Im starting to become a man, and i don't want my life going in the toilet.

I know it can be much worse, but i still feel i need to make a change
As of today, i am 5th prestige with over 4 days logged on

Maybe this was a bad idea and this topic will get trolled to hell, but its worth a shot

Here is a video that i feel really explains my situation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEk9dmVlGnE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

So what do you guys think about gaming addiction? One gamer to another?
GT: Teh 5 Star
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/dlc-the-mega64/719525

User Info: Andrew_Ryann

Andrew_Ryann
4 years ago#2
As long as its not affecting your school/work, who cares. You're doing what you want to do. YOLO bro...do it up however you want

User Info: Silver17

Silver17
4 years ago#3
Just because you don't wanna go out doesn't mean your an addict.

*being dead serious* You could be more of an introvert.

Just try to keep things in moderation, and try to make an attempt to go out on a weekend day more often...
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)

User Info: kcchiefsfan1982

kcchiefsfan1982
4 years ago#4
How old are you?

I am 30. Probably would be married if it wasn't for xbox live and all the call of duty series.

You will probably remain single with the addiction (not a terrible thing.)

But, then, if you do get in a serious relationship, it will suffer because you will be wanting the date to end just so that you can play a few games before bed. If she moves in with you, that is a whole nother ball game!

If you do get married, and marry the wrong girl, life is going to SUCK, + you wont be able to play much COD.

If you get married and it is the RIGHT girl.....then screw xbox!!!!! Enjoy your life married to a hottie! Have lots and lots of sex!

User Info: startedONatari

startedONatari
4 years ago#5
gaming addiction is real. you just need to get out of the house. the not having a girl is a non-issue, trust me i have been married for 6 years and spent 7 years with the girl before that.

User Info: startedONatari

startedONatari
4 years ago#6
startedONatari posted...
gaming addiction is real. you just need to get out of the house. the not having a girl is a non-issue, trust me i have been married for 6 years and spent 7 years with the girl before that.

i'm 32 by the way.

Teh_5_Starz
4 years ago#7
Silver17 posted...
Just because you don't wanna go out doesn't mean your an addict.

*being dead serious* You could be more of an introvert.

Just try to keep things in moderation, and try to make an attempt to go out on a weekend day more often...

This is what a friend of mine told me and i think its probably true. I just dont find too much joy in going out and acting all fake all the time

User Info: Cornbread4life

Cornbread4life
4 years ago#8
4 days isn't terrible. The games been out for two months already right? That's an average of about an hour and a half a day.
GT: Cornbread4life
I'm loud, obnoxious, vulgar, and impaired by "substance abuse" 99% of the time. You've been warned.

Teh_5_Starz
4 years ago#9
I am a 19 year old college student btw

User Info: Bonezy_B

Bonezy_B
4 years ago#10
i agree with andrew, if its not affecting your school or work and it is making you happy **** play it as much as you want :) i play probably more than i should i stay up late every night then wake up early to do real life stuff so i'm always tired but i want to enjoy life so i play when i can cause gaming makes me happy too...
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Video Game addiction. I think i have a problem

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
License Transfer for DLCjothebro13211/25 7:30AM