Modern Warfare 2 is the best fps of all time.

#11ChaseBoistPosted 1/10/2013 4:33:28 PM
It really was a great game, wasn't it?
#12Smallville_FanPosted 1/10/2013 4:34:15 PM
COD4 > MW2 for a start.
---
Taken: The best movie ever.
B.Sc of Computer Games Design
#13razaky2012Posted 1/10/2013 4:34:58 PM
MW2 is the best COD game of all time simply due to the maps.

My god were the maps in mw2 AMAZING. Highrise, Terminal, Favela, Invasion, Skidrow, Wasteland, Karachi.

You had expertly designed maps that suited all playstyles. the original infinity ward had amazing talent. these maps played so well, and had such a great flow.

you can clearly see that in the COD games since mw2, the maps have been below average because the talent and map design is not there.

i wish we had more maps like mw2. now, all the maps are close quarters with no balance for a variety of playstyles.
#14Zero IXPosted 1/10/2013 4:37:43 PM
fatclemenza posted...
You're either 14 or have extremely low standards

Yup. I love MW2 to death and it's one of my favorite CoDs, but it's so overrated.

Imagine how baller it could have been if it weren't released unfinished.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#15ih0tfireiPosted 1/10/2013 4:38:40 PM
razaky2012 posted...
MW2 is the best COD game of all time simply due to the maps.

My god were the maps in mw2 AMAZING. Highrise, Terminal, Favela, Invasion, Skidrow, Wasteland, Karachi.

You had expertly designed maps that suited all playstyles. the original infinity ward had amazing talent. these maps played so well, and had such a great flow.

you can clearly see that in the COD games since mw2, the maps have been below average because the talent and map design is not there.

i wish we had more maps like mw2. now, all the maps are close quarters with no balance for a variety of playstyles.

^this

And even though I hate the whole idea of having to buy old maps getting some of the cod 4 maps in mw2 gave it the best lineup period.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
#16BeastlyIguanaPosted 1/10/2013 4:43:47 PM
You spelled Duke Nukem 3D wrong.
---
Who the **** vacuums a window?
#17Ick_ukPosted 1/10/2013 4:46:46 PM
Not the best but it was a good game. It was fun to play most the time.

It had some bad design choices but the most important things for me were spot on the maps and the connection.

Thats all i want good maps and good connections everything else i can put up with.

I played mw2 over xmas to catch up with a few mates who wont play bo2 and the connections still are great even with less people playing.

Bo2 managed to screw the connections and maps.
#18MistaHardkillPosted 1/10/2013 4:49:00 PM
The thread title is an oxymoron.

There are so many FPS games out there that far exceed MW2 and everything that came after in the series.

Just to name a few:
Doom (Series)
Quake 3
Goldeneye 64
Half Life (#1 series IMO)
Far Cry (Series)
Crysis (Series)
Counterstrike (Series)
Unreal Tournament 99/2004
Duke Nukem (Series)
Perfect Dark

Not to mention CoD4 and CoD2.

To ANYONE who knows what an innovative and balanced shooter is, they know all the aforementioned are superior in every way.
#19fatclemenzaPosted 1/10/2013 4:52:20 PM
How the hell can you put up with this game after an hour? Teach me.

I lost motivation after getting diamond ARs, which was conveniently one game before prestige master. I started playing a lot less after that.
---
Me and my uncle went ridin' down, South Colorado, West Texas bound
BO2 Combat Record - http://tinyurl.com/cxvk9xr
#20XT3M3Posted 1/10/2013 4:53:26 PM
xnxbxax posted...
Take out OMA and commando and it is perfect.

QFFT
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Is it weird that it might be more likely that Tc wins powerball than wizards winning? ~ KoD_Immortal