Modern Warfare 2 is the best fps of all time.

#21Soul_On_DisplayPosted 1/10/2013 5:54:41 PM
MistaHardkill posted...
The thread title is an oxymoron.

There are so many FPS games out there that far exceed MW2 and everything that came after in the series.

Just to name a few:
Doom (Series)
Quake 3
Goldeneye 64
Half Life (#1 series IMO)
Far Cry (Series)
Crysis (Series)
Counterstrike (Series)
Unreal Tournament 99/2004
Duke Nukem (Series)
Perfect Dark

Not to mention CoD4 and CoD2.

To ANYONE who knows what an innovative and balanced shooter is, they know all the aforementioned are superior in every way.

Yeah, I don't get why Crysis is up there. The only thing that series has is graphics.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~TL;DR? Don't care.~
#22ItIsAPsyBorgPosted 1/10/2013 5:55:18 PM
razaky2012 posted...
MW2 is the best COD game of all time simply due to the maps.

My god were the maps in mw2 AMAZING. Highrise, Terminal, Favela, Invasion, Skidrow, Wasteland, Karachi.

You had expertly designed maps that suited all playstyles. the original infinity ward had amazing talent. these maps played so well, and had such a great flow.

you can clearly see that in the COD games since mw2, the maps have been below average because the talent and map design is not there.

i wish we had more maps like mw2. now, all the maps are close quarters with no balance for a variety of playstyles.

It's like you were talking about WaW. Except you somehow weren't.

I won't lie, MW2 had some good maps - Favela and Quarry for example - but core design flaws with the weapon set and killstreaks made it bad. Also, some maps were a total miss - Derail was way too large for any fun to be had, and Skidrow / Terminal / Rundown are the essential beginnings of MW3's linear map style (even if they're not AS linear).
#23MistaHardkillPosted 1/10/2013 5:59:00 PM
Soul_On_Display posted...
MistaHardkill posted...

There are so many FPS games out there that far exceed MW2 and everything that came after in the series.

Just to name a few:
Doom (Series)
Quake 3
Goldeneye 64
Far Cry (Series)
Crysis (Series)
Counterstrike (Series)
Duke Nukem (Series)
Perfect Dark

To ANYONE who knows what an innovative and balanced shooter is, they know all the aforementioned are superior in every way.

Yeah, I don't get why Crysis is up there. The only thing that series has is graphics.

Actually, Crysis and Far Cry should really go together. They brought the same thing to the action FPS genre. Open, unrestricted free-roam and brilliant environments. Plus, Crysis 1 is the "true" successor to Far Cry 1.
#24Ick_ukPosted 1/10/2013 5:59:17 PM
MistaHardkill posted...

Just to name a few:
Doom (Series)
Quake 3
Goldeneye 64
Far Cry (Series)
Crysis (Series)
Counterstrike (Series)
Duke Nukem (Series)
Perfect Dark

What quake 3 over quake 2 ? Thats crazy

Golden eye was epic thats the best memories i have from any shooter. I did not by the xbox version as i did not want this ruined.

Risustance on ps was very good i nearly got a ps afrer playing that
#25XLegionDoom420XPosted 1/10/2013 6:00:11 PM
hahahahahahahahah no
---
If you are a Jedi and 100% proud of it then put this in your signature.
#26namewitheldPosted 1/10/2013 6:01:40 PM
You spelt worst incorrectly.
#27NejiHyuga900Posted 1/10/2013 6:11:07 PM
Modern Warfare 2 may have got me more into CoD but no. Not the best in my opinion. My favorite shooter game of all time still happens to be Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#28Killmoves37Posted 1/10/2013 6:11:12 PM
I'd say it has to go to Half Life since modding that game spawned Counterstrike and Team Fortress. Both of which are hugely popular fps games that will be remembered fondly, unlike CoD. You may like these games, but saying you like CoD will make at least 1 person in the room sigh in disappointment. To truly be considered the best, that can't happen.
#29namewitheldPosted 1/10/2013 6:14:50 PM
Killmoves37 posted...
I'd say it has to go to Half Life since modding that game spawned Counterstrike and Team Fortress. Both of which are hugely popular fps games that will be remembered fondly, unlike CoD. You may like these games, but saying you like CoD will make at least 1 person in the room sigh in disappointment. To truly be considered the best, that can't happen.

CS and TF were Valve created MP variants not mods.
#30poopninjamvc3mkPosted 1/10/2013 6:16:11 PM
QUAKE3/LIVE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MW2

That's coming from someone who sucks at Quake3/Live but enjoys the hell out of it. That game is deep.
---
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2063467937.png Deleted my old sig since some mod apparantly got offended because I mentioned Penn State.