Modern Warfare 2 is the best fps of all time.

#31DPoisonPosted 1/10/2013 6:30:47 PM
MW2 had me take a break of Cod for 2 years. So disgusted with it I skipped BO and MW3
#32Killmoves37Posted 1/10/2013 6:50:54 PM
namewitheld posted...
Killmoves37 posted...
I'd say it has to go to Half Life since modding that game spawned Counterstrike and Team Fortress. Both of which are hugely popular fps games that will be remembered fondly, unlike CoD. You may like these games, but saying you like CoD will make at least 1 person in the room sigh in disappointment. To truly be considered the best, that can't happen.

CS and TF were Valve created MP variants not mods.

I stand corrected. Looks as though i need to brush up on my Valve history.
#33CaffeineSnorterPosted 1/10/2013 6:59:37 PM
I still play MW2. I made a new account and started playing it from scratch. Most fun I've had in CoD in years. While not the best FPS of all time it is hands down the best CoD of all time.
---
Did you sleep with a moderator's girlfriend? without her consent?-red255
Keeping the community happy since 2011.
#34wii60_3Posted 1/10/2013 7:09:34 PM
DC toobing and commando were some of the funnest memories of cod,, FOR ME. TROLOLOL I love mw2
---
Pokemon Black 1v1 W-L = Undefeated 11-0
#35ODommPosted 1/10/2013 7:13:06 PM
I disagree, it's a very good game, but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever.
---
Looking for ODST players---PM me
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~
#36Gengar_OUPosted 1/10/2013 7:15:05 PM
agreed, although Keep commando and nerf noob tubes. commando wasn't even a problem
---
Boosting: that awkward moment when you find two dudes hiding away in secret doing sneaky, frowned-upon things involving insertion.- forgotten0285
#37motoraptorPosted 1/10/2013 7:16:14 PM
The thing is, the MW2 I rememer was FULL of OMA/DC or Commando. It's not like only 1 or 2 guys in a lobby was running either annoyance, almost everyone did. I myself had to teach myself to start knifing (because I was on tactical and my first instinct was to always shoot) and I used Commando too because complaining about something gets old and you just have to start using it yourself to level the playing field.
---
http://i55.tinypic.com/2a9ntxe.jpg
#38MistaHardkillPosted 1/10/2013 7:26:02 PM
namewitheld posted...
Killmoves37 posted...
I'd say it has to go to Half Life since modding that game spawned Counterstrike and Team Fortress. Both of which are hugely popular fps games that will be remembered fondly, unlike CoD. You may like these games, but saying you like CoD will make at least 1 person in the room sigh in disappointment. To truly be considered the best, that can't happen.

CS and TF were Valve created MP variants not mods.

Actually no. You're wrong. They both started as independent mods of the same respective names and got popular, and Valve picked them up. Same with Left 4 Dead.
#39JSpillaPosted 1/10/2013 7:28:17 PM
So spelled TEAM and FORTRESS wrong. You got the 2 right though.
#40bigweese13Posted 1/10/2013 7:41:48 PM
MistaHardkill posted...
The thread title is an oxymoron.

There are so many FPS games out there that far exceed MW2 and everything that came after in the series.

Just to name a few:
Doom (Series)
Quake 3
Goldeneye 64
Half Life (#1 series IMO)
Far Cry (Series)
Crysis (Series)
Counterstrike (Series)
Unreal Tournament 99/2004
Duke Nukem (Series)
Perfect Dark

Not to mention CoD4 and CoD2.

To ANYONE who knows what an innovative and balanced shooter is, they know all the aforementioned are superior in every way.

Goldeneye 64 is the only correct answer.