Modern Warfare 2 is the best fps of all time.

#71CoolFangsPosted 1/10/2013 10:41:39 PM
MW2 isn't even the best CoD of all time...the only redeeming factor is it probably has the best maps.
---
Currently playing: LoZ: Twilight Princess, CoD: Black Ops 2, Pokemon Black 2, Assassin's Creed, The Walking Dead
Coming up: Assassin's Creed 2
#72phillyeagles123Posted 1/10/2013 10:43:20 PM
fatclemenza posted...
You're either 14 or have extremely low standards
#73GreatKiraLordPosted 1/10/2013 10:47:16 PM
fatclemenza posted...
You're either 14 or have extremely low standards
#74FeelMyBladePosted 1/10/2013 10:47:26 PM
This is the first GameFAQs topic title that has actually made me laugh in real life.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-42
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Given:15
#75The_Undying_84Posted 1/10/2013 10:55:06 PM
Not at all. Not even the best in it's own series, MW1 is better, and maybe others since I haven't played any of them.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#76BigLongDownerPosted 1/10/2013 11:13:51 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
Uh no, that's still Goldeneye.

This.
---
GT - The Grunge Guy
#77F_H_NukemPosted 1/10/2013 11:22:53 PM
Sylus2015 posted...
CaffeineSnorter posted...
Nostalgia-glasses are like beer-goggles - it gets easier and easier to omit flaws as you knock another one down.

In all fairness, MW2 wasn't bad. I did enjoy it and I felt like there was a certain amount of depth beyond the superficial (map secrets, attachment special effects, etc). Still, beyond OMA/DC Tubes and Commando, the game had some fundamental issues. It was too killstreak oriented, and realistically, you only needed 7 kills to get a game-ending insta-win button that worked even in objective game-types effectively negating the point of playing objectives (I say 7 kills because there was absolutely no reason you couldn't get a Nuke once you got a Harrier). In addition to all the glitches (need I remind anyone of elevators or getting out of the map or getting inside geometry?) and balance issues (first CoD to nerf a weapon), certain fundamentals were wrong.

It was still a fun game and it's fun to go back to every once in awhile, but even if we fixed all the issues, there have been better FPS games to come out.

If you didn't take the harrier down after getting killed once then you have no one else to blame but yourself for not doing something that could actively be achieved easily.

That doesn't address the point I was making about MW2 being killstreak-oriented. Also, while you're firing your rockets at the Harrier, your teammates have already fed him a Chopper Gunner.

Also,, your launcher comment reminded me of another thing: Javelin-dom.

OMFG THIS!

if you were in the same HEMISPHERE as that explosion, you died from it.

talk about bad game
---
"The CoD franchise is the McDonalds of video games, its widely known to be bad but millions still eat it up" - therickmu25 - 11/26/12
#78DrFeelgood1984Posted 1/10/2013 11:34:18 PM
Those crappy hunting games on PC are better than MW2.
---
Scammed by Leighton04 DO NOT trust this user.
#79Wookie_Is_BackPosted 1/10/2013 11:36:02 PM
MistaHardkill posted...
The thread title is an oxymoron.

There are so many FPS games out there that far exceed MW2 and everything that came after in the series.

Just to name a few:
Doom (Series)
Quake 3
Goldeneye 64
Half Life (#1 series IMO)
Far Cry (Series)
Crysis (Series)
Counterstrike (Series)
Unreal Tournament 99/2004
Duke Nukem (Series)
Perfect Dark

Not to mention CoD4 and CoD2.

To ANYONE who knows what an innovative and balanced shooter is, they know all the aforementioned are superior in every way.

It's funny you should mention innovative, when CoD got its formula from Halo:CE.
#80Dante200XPosted 1/10/2013 11:39:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
---
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.