I'm still disappointed at what they did to Zombies this time around.

#1thompsontalker7Posted 1/10/2013 4:43:03 PM
The new DLC doesn't seem like they plan on going back to traditional zombies, either.

It's not that I hate the concept of Tranzit, but the biggest flaw in this game mode is that it requires teamwork to get anywhere past round 5. Randumbs don't have the attention span necessary to work together, or even wait for someone to revive them, so the whole teamwork aspect is moot. In pretty much all of the past Zombie maps, teamwork wasn't required, but encouraged, and if that one randumb on your team is messing up, you can help pull the weight. In Tranzit, all it takes is the one randumb with ADD to hop on the bus and leave everyone behind to get jumped.

I like how they attempted to retain the traditional survival mode, but all the maps are too different to be good. Only Town has all the elements of an older Zombies map (perks, Pack-A-Punch, Mystery Box), while the other two are just little bursts of "how long can you last" as opposed to actual survival. Grief is kinda fun but the maps are simply too small and chaotic for it to be anymore interesting.

Overall, I hope Treyarch makes an attempt to go back to the traditional, one big map with loads of secrets and things at least once in Black Ops II, otherwise I might just end up going back to Black Ops 1 to get my zombie fix.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#2The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/10/2013 4:51:58 PM
We just need another Der Riese, TC have you tried Nuketown zombies? Tranzit and town are the only real maps though and Tranzit is too big actually it needs to be smaller
#3OpShaftPosted 1/10/2013 4:54:35 PM
Quote:We just need another Der Riese, TC have you tried Nuketown zombies? Tranzit and town are the only real maps though and Tranzit is too big actually it needs to be smaller
@The_Ivory_Man

Nah. Once you run tranzit enough, the map actually feels kinda small.

I love the new zombies. Nuketown and tranzit. Sure, the teamwork part isn't great, but it's better than making the game easy to beat.
---
You ain't too little to get dat ass whooped.
#4The_Ivory_ManPosted 1/10/2013 4:56:12 PM
GangstaFoLife posted...
Quote:We just need another Der Riese, TC have you tried Nuketown zombies? Tranzit and town are the only real maps though and Tranzit is too big actually it needs to be smaller
@The_Ivory_Man

Nah. Once you run tranzit enough, the map actually feels kinda small.

I love the new zombies. Nuketown and tranzit. Sure, the teamwork part isn't great, but it's better than making the game easy to beat.

True. Who doesn't play with friends though?
#5XLegionDoom420XPosted 1/10/2013 5:03:45 PM
SOMEBODY CALL 911
SHAWTY FIRE BURNIN' ON THE DANCEFLOOR
WOAH
---
If you are a Jedi and 100% proud of it then put this in your signature.
#6BlackOps06Posted 1/10/2013 5:07:08 PM
You're disappointed that teamwork is important in Zombies? Get some friends to play with you then. I don't know how anyone can play Zombies with randoms. I'm disappointed in Zombies simply due to the map in TranZit being too big, meaning it takes too much time to do even the most basic of things (like get perks). Other than that, everything's fine with the mode.
#7zeronemPosted 1/10/2013 6:19:08 PM
you complain about the individual maps like farm, bus depot and town, when you forgot to realize that they are the most basic you can get. WAW zombies only started adding pack a punch until the last map which was der riese; all the other maps in WAW were just perk machines and the very first map had no perks. Well if you think about it, bus depot is the nacht der toten of WAW. Farm is the verrukt and shino of WAW. Town is as basic as it gets as well but it isn't no der reise. As for nuketown, well that is as close as your going to get to Black Ops zombies 1 type map than anything.

As for that, don't play with randoms. Find yourself some hardcore zombie friends to play with. Randoms will only screw up your zombie rank if you play with them.
#8thompsontalker7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 8:55:59 PM
Bump
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#9imran_666Posted 1/13/2013 12:34:22 AM
On my friends list I had 30 or so people who played zombies regularly on black ops now for 2 they don't touch it and have the game, that says it all.

They are not playing the MP either.
#10TheUsed91BCRPosted 1/13/2013 1:03:24 AM
I agree 100%. It's like their whole thought process was to screw you over. Surviving at any of the places individually sucks a lot.

I think its the Town where I liked the tactic of camping in a building and jumping out the second story and going to another building and repeating. But there is a serious lack of weapon choice too if you can't have the box..

They could've done better definitely.

OH, but I do love the fact they put the original zombie map in through the cornfield, however, they dumbed it down so much. Like, they could've put the whole thing in easily.
---
"There is no I in team, but there is a me in team. If you jumble up the letters."