I prefer Derail-sized maps than maps that cause suffocating, random gameplay.

#1Soul_On_DisplayPosted 1/10/2013 6:06:52 PM
Yes, another complaint. What else is new?

But man, if it weren't for the pace, this game would be my favorite CoD. Perhaps I just have a personal hatred against the combat pace and everyone actually likes Nuketown-styled gameplay. I mean, Hijacked keeps getting voted, so... I just don't like it when my FPS games try to be as fast as fighting games.

I remember how I actually had time to reload in older CoD games. I remember how I actually had 5 seconds in between encounters to heal my health. I remember how encounters came with one enemy at a time, and I rarely got shot in the back. I hate how no matter how cautious you be, the game is too luck based a lot of the time. I also miss having a map large enough to accommodate a healthy spawn system.

Hate me all you want, but am I that wrong? I would prefer derail than lowered chances of survivability.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~TL;DR? Don't care.~
#2duericPosted 1/10/2013 6:09:12 PM
I stopped playing Derail after the first week.

I would always rather have nonstop, clusterf**** type action than large maps with mostly wasted space.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#3fatclemenzaPosted 1/10/2013 6:10:46 PM
Derail had too much dead space. It was a ghost town most of the time in 6v6.

Overgrown on the other hand...
---
Me and my uncle went ridin' down, South Colorado, West Texas bound
BO2 Combat Record - http://tinyurl.com/cxvk9xr
#4XLegionDoom420XPosted 1/10/2013 6:11:42 PM
fatclemenza posted...

overgrown was Snipers of Duty: Modern Snipers of Snipers Sniping Snipers
---
If you are a Jedi and 100% proud of it then put this in your signature.
#5CrunchyzPosted 1/10/2013 6:12:12 PM
I liked Derail for the snipe-offs that came down to more than just "who gets the bodyshot first".
---
Marksmanship Rule #1: TAKE YOUR FINGER OFF THE DAMN TRIGGER, MAGGOT!
#6Soul_On_Display(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 6:14:30 PM
fatclemenza posted...

Both oversized maps and suffocating combat are bad, I'm just saying that I would prefer the first one instead of the second. I'll take more sprinting over BS deaths I can't control any day.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~TL;DR? Don't care.~
#7Zero IXPosted 1/10/2013 6:16:46 PM
I'd prefer well-designed maps that tipped towards being smaller. For example: Firing Range.

Anyway, just play TDM.

Zzzz....
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#8ItIsAPsyBorgPosted 1/10/2013 6:26:30 PM
Derail is the lesser of two sins when suffocatingly linear maps are the other option. My past self would never say something like this, but if Derail was in BO2, it'd be a start in the right direction.
#9Gaebora KaeporaPosted 1/10/2013 6:37:03 PM
I love Derail. Either I'd run and gun with marathon or i'd just straight up camp at random locations with the wa2000
---
The rail...is all alone, the man is all alone...the swedish is all alone...my bum....is all alone