the guy who made carrier needs to be fired ASAP

#31MrBombasticaIPosted 1/11/2013 7:27:27 AM
Akiba69 posted...
"head glitching"

I hate that this is now a thing.

This has been a part of gaming for so long, especially this gen with how they have the camera placed in FPS games, it's in the chest.

The camera is in the head bro. Top of the head. Which is also where hitscans are shot from. Which is why you can have nothing but the top of your head looking over something, while still seeing stuff and being able to shoot over it. It's not a glitch though, it's something you can't get rid of.
---
Official Entei of the Pokemon X+Y Boards
I have a pet wussy. You that read wrong. You read that wrong too.
#32fallenKlNGPosted 1/11/2013 7:31:13 AM
I like Carrier. Small and lots of cover. I don't have to spend a lot of time hunting the enemy.
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
#33Lord_TenseEyePosted 1/11/2013 7:41:11 AM
Akiba69 posted...
"head glitching"

This has been a part of gaming for so long, especially this gen with how they have the camera placed in FPS games, it's in the chest.

Well then if you have played the previous games, you would know why this is so talked about in this game.

It's because there's headglitch spots conveniently placed everywhere. This game promotes these kind of "tactics" VERY strongly.
#34Lord_TenseEyePosted 1/11/2013 7:42:14 AM
Whoever also thought that it was a good idea to handicap assault rifles so much should also be fired.
#35patkelly929Posted 1/11/2013 7:46:08 AM
Carrier is nothing like Downturn. I actually like both of those maps.

I think the closest to Downturn is Aftermath. But, I really don't like Aftermath.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#36MrBombasticaIPosted 1/11/2013 7:51:14 AM
Lord_TenseEye posted...
Whoever also thought that it was a good idea to handicap assault rifles so much should also be fired.

This. Whoever thought that it was a good idea to have the ARs at their current state is insane. Copied damage profiles with completely different fire rates is just dumb. The ARs cannot compete in this game. Here's how it should be:
Close Range:
(Snipers, technically)
Shotguns
SMGs
ARs
LMGs

Medium Range:
ARs
LMGs
Snipers
SMGs
Shotguns

Long Range:
Snipers
ARs
LMGs
SMGs
Shotguns

Instead it's like this:

Close:
SMGs
(Snipers)
Shotguns
LMGs
ARs

Medium:
SMGs
Snipers
LMGs
ARs
Shotguns

Long:
Snipers
LMGs
ARs
SMGs
Shotguns

The long range part is fine, but SMGs are too dominant in CQC and Medium Range, it's dumb. The answer here is nerfing SMGs instead.
---
#37Akiba69Posted 1/11/2013 7:54:35 AM
MrBombasticaI posted...
Akiba69 posted...
"head glitching"

The camera is in the head bro. Top of the head. Which is also where hitscans are shot from. Which is why you can have nothing but the top of your head looking over something, while still seeing stuff and being able to shoot over it. It's not a glitch though, it's something you can't get rid of.

I promise you, the camera is not in the head. It rarely ever is.
---
Want a Nuketown Zombies Code? PM me.
#38Hardcore74LeoPosted 1/11/2013 8:04:57 AM
SPARTAN_D7 posted...
Carrier is one of my favorites. I actually don't know many people other then you that hate it. Sorry man.

You =\= Whole community

Really? You're the first person I have encountered that has it as one of their favorites. Everytime I'm in a lobby and carrier get chosen off of random, everyone with a mic has complained about it. My friends all hate it, I don't hate it, but I don't enjoy it either.
#39MrBombasticaIPosted 1/11/2013 8:09:15 AM
Akiba69 posted...
MrBombasticaI posted...
Akiba69 posted...
"head glitching"

I promise you, the camera is not in the head. It rarely ever is.

Then why do you fire from the same spot that you put your gun too? Why can you see over a wall only your head is visible from the other side from? Why can you see from the front of your character when prone? Because the view is from the head.
---
#40Rockman999Posted 1/11/2013 8:51:35 AM
Nah my dude, Turbine is the crappiest map in the game. I hate that map so much because it's big for no reason.