Favorite gun in-game and IRL?

#1DarkLeemerPosted 1/12/2013 7:22:39 AM
Not that this game should be a basis for real life but it's almost tax time when I generally get a new one so looking for ideas and seeing what people are using in game right now. Always a new fad on these boards.

In-game: FAL. Love semi-autos in almost any game. From Far Cry to Gears to Borderlands and Call of Duty they feel awesome.

IRL: can't got wrong with the 1911. I love everything about it. Sleek, iconic, and very reliable sidearm. Always had a fasination with small Arms.
---
I love circles cuz they're round and stuff!
XBL:Leemer1988 White- 2065-3480-9867
#2Captain_BluntsPosted 1/12/2013 7:35:55 AM
In game: KSG. Closest CoD got to a true shotguns range. Neutered it from the actual UTS 15 though.

Life: My Glock 22. I love the ballistics and the feel of the .40 not to mention 15 rounds or the personal attachment to the particular weapon.

One day I will own a sexy sexy colt,
#3PvtPorkSordPosted 1/12/2013 7:39:40 AM
B23r

And if I could have one in California it would be ma favorite gun in real life. As it stands a good 1911 is my favorite gun.
#4DarkLeemer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 7:41:34 AM
Captain_Blunts posted...
In game: KSG. Closest CoD got to a true shotguns range. Neutered it from the actual UTS 15 though.

Life: My Glock 22. I love the ballistics and the feel of the .40 not to mention 15 rounds or the personal attachment to the particular weapon.

When there is low lag I love the KSG. The range is spectacular and it looks just plain scary. I was looking into Glocks too. Was looking into the 17 or 19s. Never actually fired a .40 so I'm clueless on those but I'll look into it. How's the kick on it? GF is scared of recoil so looking for something that won't terrify her. Lol.
---
#5DarkLeemer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 7:43:52 AM
PvtPorkSord posted...
B23r

And if I could have one in California it would be ma favorite gun in real life. As it stands a good 1911 is my favorite gun.

Yup. I'm in California too. We are pretty gimped here. If it wasn't for all my family being here I would probably go out of state.
---
#6Doktor_KaboomPosted 1/12/2013 7:53:24 AM
In Game. Vector

RL. Springfield XDm. Good feel. Basically a glock rip off with some major upgrades. Got the Beaver tail safety. Match grade barrel. Made in Croatia by folks who know war so it has the most badass non-manual safety... The spring butt sticks out of the front a bit to give more clearance so it's harder to take out of battery when pressed against something. (in most semi-autos if the slide is pushed back it will not fire). Probably the smoothest gun I've ever shot.
---
I'm on a gravy train with biscuit wheels
#7Doktor_KaboomPosted 1/12/2013 7:58:08 AM
DarkLeemer posted...
Captain_Blunts posted...

When there is low lag I love the KSG. The range is spectacular and it looks just plain scary. I was looking into Glocks too. Was looking into the 17 or 19s. Never actually fired a .40 so I'm clueless on those but I'll look into it. How's the kick on it? GF is scared of recoil so looking for something that won't terrify her. Lol.

If you're looking for lower recoil, I wouldn't go above 9mm or go with a gun that has a metal frame instead of polymer cause the heavier weight counteracts the recoil. Hope this helps
---
#8DarkLeemer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 8:03:41 AM
Doktor_Kaboom posted...
In Game. Vector

RL. Springfield XDm. Good feel. Basically a glock rip off with some major upgrades. Got the Beaver tail safety. Match grade barrel. Made in Croatia by folks who know war so it has the most badass non-manual safety... The spring butt sticks out of the front a bit to give more clearance so it's harder to take out of battery when pressed against something. (in most semi-autos if the slide is pushed back it will not fire). Probably the smoothest gun I've ever shot.

Good to see some Vector love. My most used SMG and the only one I have gold. May not be the best in any category but it's still decent in comparison to some other guns.

I like the look of the beaver tail on guns for some reason going to look into it. Keep bringing on the suggestion guys.
---
#9Doktor_KaboomPosted 1/12/2013 8:12:59 AM
TC You should also check out pachmayr ALS grips for your 1911. They are sweet looking and help keep your fingers from slipping for better accuracy.
---
#10Captain_BluntsPosted 1/12/2013 8:17:27 AM
DarkLeemer posted...
Captain_Blunts posted...

The .40 is a HOT round. Only the .44's and hot load .357 kick like it. Seriously. Look into a .22 for her to start. Being a afraid of the recoil can lead to poor shooting rabbits when you're finally over your flinch.

But yeah....that .40 gosh darn is it a monster of ballistics