Favorite gun in-game and IRL?

#11CaffeineSnorterPosted 1/12/2013 8:21:00 AM
Always buy a .22 for the first gun for someone. Be they an adult or child. Handgun or rifle. Unless of course they have previous experience and just don't own a gun.
---
Did you sleep with a moderator's girlfriend? without her consent?-red255
Keeping the community happy since 2011.
#12TheRisingSonPosted 1/12/2013 8:24:46 AM
While the 1911 is an accurate pistol, it can jam more easily than a glock for instance. Though I like a HK .45
#13DraconilianPosted 1/12/2013 8:25:21 AM
Game = Ballista
Real life = M4A1 Carbine
---
"The best, most perfectly tuned online game will always have one glaring flaw.
Anyone can play it." _ Dueric
#14DarkLeemer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 8:27:01 AM
Doktor_Kaboom posted...
TC You should also check out pachmayr ALS grips for your 1911. They are sweet looking and help keep your fingers from slipping for better accuracy.

Amazon has them for 32. That around how much you paid? It's it's only off by a couple bucks that's fine. I doubt many of the shops around me carry it anyway plus I get free 2 day shipping from most amazon purchases :D
---
I love circles cuz they're round and stuff!
XBL:Leemer1988 White- 2065-3480-9867
#15Doktor_KaboomPosted 1/12/2013 8:32:16 AM
TheRisingSon posted...
While the 1911 is an accurate pistol, it can jam more easily than a glock for instance. Though I like a HK .45

If you have that problem try switching magazines. Had that problem with my kimber 1911 and tossed those for some Wilson Combat mags and fixed the problem. Also try to throw at least 500 rounds with a new gun to break it in (kinda like wearing a new pair of shoes... Takes a bit before they're comfortable) and KEEP THE GUN CLEAN! All caps cause I can't stress it enough.

It is true that it's almost impossible to hurt a glock though. Only malfunctions I've seen have come from limp writing it
---
I'm on a gravy train with biscuit wheels
#16PDXRoverMechPosted 1/12/2013 8:34:02 AM
in game: Kel-Tec KSG

IRL: Kel-Tec RFB

they have just been one of the most innovative companies in the last decade.
#17Doktor_KaboomPosted 1/12/2013 8:34:46 AM
DarkLeemer posted...
Doktor_Kaboom posted...
TC You should also check out pachmayr ALS grips for your 1911. They are sweet looking and help keep your fingers from slipping for better accuracy.

Amazon has them for 32. That around how much you paid? It's it's only off by a couple bucks that's fine. I doubt many of the shops around me carry it anyway plus I get free 2 day shipping from most amazon purchases :D

I got mine from Amazon too. You could try budsgunshop.com. They have pretty cheap guns and accessories.
---
I'm on a gravy train with biscuit wheels
#18DarkLeemer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 8:34:52 AM
Captain_Blunts posted...
DarkLeemer posted...
Captain_Blunts posted...
In game: KSG. Closest CoD got to a true shotguns range. Neutered it from the actual UTS 15 though.

Life: My Glock 22. I love the ballistics and the feel of the .40 not to mention 15 rounds or the personal attachment to the particular weapon.

One day I will own a sexy sexy colt,

When there is low lag I love the KSG. The range is spectacular and it looks just plain scary. I was looking into Glocks too. Was looking into the 17 or 19s. Never actually fired a .40 so I'm clueless on those but I'll look into it. How's the kick on it? GF is scared of recoil so looking for something that won't terrify her. Lol.

The .40 is a HOT round. Only the .44's and hot load .357 kick like it. Seriously. Look into a .22 for her to start. Being a afraid of the recoil can lead to poor shooting rabbits when you're finally over your flinch.

But yeah....that .40 gosh darn is it a monster of ballistics

Noted.I know she can handle a .22 just fine but she wanted a step up from that. Having never felt the .40 was curious about it. If it kicks as you describe then yeah that's out of the question for her but certainly appeals to me.
---
I love circles cuz they're round and stuff!
XBL:Leemer1988 White- 2065-3480-9867
#19brutalmonk3y4Posted 1/12/2013 8:35:29 AM
In game: tac-45, just because I love the feeling of running around with laser/suppressor feeling like a spy or something.

IRL: .44 lever action, I've always wanted to shoot one so when I moved and discovered my new neighbor had one I begged him to go shooting with me. He did and I was happy.

also since cod4 I've wished a lever action rifle was in a cod game, just because it has a certain BA feel in games.
#20TheRisingSonPosted 1/12/2013 8:37:54 AM
Doktor_Kaboom posted...
TheRisingSon posted...

If you have that problem try switching magazines. Had that problem with my kimber 1911 and tossed those for some Wilson Combat mags and fixed the problem. Also try to throw at least 500 rounds with a new gun to break it in (kinda like wearing a new pair of shoes... Takes a bit before they're comfortable) and KEEP THE GUN CLEAN! All caps cause I can't stress it enough.

It is true that it's almost impossible to hurt a glock though. Only malfunctions I've seen have come from limp writing it

Thanks for the tips! I'm going to purchase one soon and was split between a glock and 1911. .45 is the only caliber for me. Though glocks are ugly plastic bricks.