Favorite gun in-game and IRL?

#21DarkLeemer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 8:38:13 AM
Doktor_Kaboom posted...
TheRisingSon posted...
While the 1911 is an accurate pistol, it can jam more easily than a glock for instance. Though I like a HK .45

If you have that problem try switching magazines. Had that problem with my kimber 1911 and tossed those for some Wilson Combat mags and fixed the problem. Also try to throw at least 500 rounds with a new gun to break it in (kinda like wearing a new pair of shoes... Takes a bit before they're comfortable) and KEEP THE GUN CLEAN! All caps cause I can't stress it enough.

It is true that it's almost impossible to hurt a glock though. Only malfunctions I've seen have come from limp writing it

Lol. That's actually exactly what I use. My 1911 is a Kimber and I hated the stock mags so I got a few Wilson and have not had a hiccup since.
---
I love circles cuz they're round and stuff!
XBL:Leemer1988 White- 2065-3480-9867
#22Doktor_KaboomPosted 1/12/2013 8:45:48 AM
DarkLeemer posted...
Doktor_Kaboom posted...
TheRisingSon posted...
While the 1911 is an accurate pistol, it can jam more easily than a glock for instance. Though I like a HK .45

If you have that problem try switching magazines. Had that problem with my kimber 1911 and tossed those for some Wilson Combat mags and fixed the problem. Also try to throw at least 500 rounds with a new gun to break it in (kinda like wearing a new pair of shoes... Takes a bit before they're comfortable) and KEEP THE GUN CLEAN! All caps cause I can't stress it enough.

It is true that it's almost impossible to hurt a glock though. Only malfunctions I've seen have come from limp writing it

Lol. That's actually exactly what I use. My 1911 is a Kimber and I hated the stock mags so I got a few Wilson and have not had a hiccup since.

Yeah, I was crazy mad before I found out and just normal mad after cause kimbers ain't cheap and that's been a legacy problem for them.
---
I'm on a gravy train with biscuit wheels
#23DarkLeemer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 8:52:42 AM
Doktor_Kaboom posted...
DarkLeemer posted...
Doktor_Kaboom posted...
TheRisingSon posted...

Yeah, I was crazy mad before I found out and just normal mad after cause kimbers ain't cheap and that's been a legacy problem for them.

Have you tried the Kimpro mags yet? I was going to check those out too but wanted to see how they perform. I kept those little ugly Kimber mags still but doubt I'll use them. Can never have too many mags I guess though.
---
#24Doktor_KaboomPosted 1/12/2013 8:57:56 AM
TheRisingSon posted...
Doktor_Kaboom posted...
TheRisingSon posted...

Thanks for the tips! I'm going to purchase one soon and was split between a glock and 1911. .45 is the only caliber for me. Though glocks are ugly plastic bricks.

No problem. There ain't too many things I know much about so I'll take it... Lol. It all depends on what you want in a gun. Both are awesome guns in their own way. If you want capacity go for a glock. (I think they're all 10+1 now with le only getting the 13+1 in 45. But if you want style definitely go for a 1911. Both are fun to shoot. I'd say the most reliable for the price would be a Taurus. They have great customer service too. I think also a lifetime warranty but not sure.

The only thing I hate about Glocks are the lack of manual safeties. That trigger safety is a joke. If you want a glock type then I'd go for a Springfield xd. They are reasonably priced, have manual safeties, and come in a kit with 2 mags, a magic loader, and a serviceable holster. Oh yeah, if you go glock. 45 make sure you go slim line cause the grip is huge otherwise. I got big hands and it's so big I have to offhand the slide release lol
---
#25Doktor_KaboomPosted 1/12/2013 8:59:34 AM
DarkLeemer posted...
Doktor_Kaboom posted...
DarkLeemer posted...
Doktor_Kaboom posted...
TheRisingSon posted...

Have you tried the Kimpro mags yet? I was going to check those out too but wanted to see how they perform. I kept those little ugly Kimber mags still but doubt I'll use them. Can never have too many mags I guess though.

I haven't tried those. Any good word on them?
---
#26Foxx3kPosted 1/12/2013 9:00:52 AM
In this game? I guess FAL+SF. But I typically use other things.

In games, typically - SCARs. SCAR-Ls or SCAR-H.

In real life - USP .45. I like the way it feels, and I think it's smooth to fire and I've never had one jam on me.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#27DKryptonPosted 1/12/2013 9:06:21 AM
Right now my favorite in game gun is the mk 48.

In real life it's my Kimber crimson carry II .45 acp. Best looking handgun ever made and shoots like a champ.
---
GT: DiceyKrypton
#28SergioMach5Posted 1/12/2013 9:15:30 AM
In Game: Tac 45. My most used gun and its a powerful weapon in comparison to the pea shooters of Black Ops. I want it gold, and I want it now!

IRL: Steyr AUG. Mainly because its the Irish army service weapon, and its probably one of the few weapons you actually see round this fair country, when they are protecting the banks.
---
Wants sequels to Timesplitters, Amped 2, Mirrors Edge, Sleeping Dogs, Burnout and Need For Speed Underground.
#29DarkLeemer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 9:19:00 AM
Foxx3k posted...
In this game? I guess FAL+SF. But I typically use other things.

In games, typically - SCARs. SCAR-Ls or SCAR-H.

In real life - USP .45. I like the way it feels, and I think it's smooth to fire and I've never had one jam on me.

Yeah. Kinda sad they butchered the SCAR in this one. Always was a fun gun. And I really like the USP .45 maybe when I want another .45 I'll grab one but for now I want to get some diversity.

DKrypton posted...
Right now my favorite in game gun is the mk 48.

In real life it's my Kimber crimson carry II .45 acp. Best looking handgun ever made and shoots like a champ.

That is a sexy gun. Guess we can chalk another up on 1911 lovers. Lol. Glad to see it. I know the design is old but it's still a great gun. Seen plenty of people knock it too often
---
#30james_hellerPosted 1/12/2013 9:31:42 AM
In game: M27

IRL: Tie between 1911, and ......Desert Eagle(Black Color).