I've never owned a COD game...

#1MlCKHEADPosted 1/12/2013 7:43:24 AM
So could you explain some things about BO2 for me?

I want to know what the 'playlists' or 'game modes' are and the differences between them. And can I search with someone else in my lobby for a 2v2 game? (I <3 2v2s)

Will it take a long time to unlock the best loadout options?

Ranks. Are they based on how well you do or how much you play? Are they numbers or titles?

Do some of the game modes restrict any 'unbalanced' loadout options? I am just assuming that there may be some in the game.
---
GT: MlCKHEAD (the 'I' is actually an 'L')
#2tenorsrule2008Posted 1/12/2013 8:19:02 AM
MlCKHEAD posted...
So could you explain some things about BO2 for me?

I want to know what the 'playlists' or 'game modes' are and the differences between them. And can I search with someone else in my lobby for a 2v2 game? (I <3 2v2s)

Will it take a long time to unlock the best loadout options?

Ranks. Are they based on how well you do or how much you play? Are they numbers or titles?

Do some of the game modes restrict any 'unbalanced' loadout options? I am just assuming that there may be some in the game.

as far as playlists;
Core is your basic set of gamemodes where most people play, i'll get to that in a minute.

Hardcore is sort of a variation where damage is higher and you have no HUD on your screen. It can be fun at times, but it's less popular, so only the most popular game modes are available in it.

Combat training puts 3 bots on each team along with 3 real players and is geared toward helping new players, but you only get 1/2 experience after level 10.

Party games are totally different, games with weird rules and preset loadouts.

If you have the nuketown 2025 map then you'll have "Bonus" which rotates maps and gamemodes and let's you get nuketown.

Now gamemodes, this will be a quick rundown, most of them are pretty self explanatory once you get in there:

Team Deathmatch is just one team vs the other, first to 75 kills wins.

Multi Team is 3v3v3 in multiple gamemodes, and is the closest thing you'll get to the 2v2 you were talking about.

Mercenary Moshpit has most other gamemodes, but you can't join as a party, so it keeps you from getting matched up against full parties on the other team.

Free for all is every man for himself, first to 30 kills wins.

Domination has 3 flags (one on each side, and one in the center, usually) each giving you a point every few seconds, first team to 200 points wins.

Ground war rotates between Team deathmatch and domination, but with 9 players per team instead of 6.

Demolition has 2 "bomb sites" one team has to plant the bombs and guard them till they detonate, the other has to protect them. At the end of the round the teams switch roles.

Kill confirmed is like team deathmatch, but whenever a player dies they drop a dogtag that must be picked up for the kill to count.

Hardpoint is like king of the hill, the hardpoint moves around the map and whichever team controls it gets points.

Headquarters puts an HQ on the map that once captured by one team, they must protect until the other team destroys it. You do not respawn once your team captures the HQ until it is destroyed.

CTF is pretty basic, both teams have a flag, get the other teams flag to your side without them taking yours.

And S&D is like demolition but you only get 1 life per round and only one player can have the bomb at a time.

Now asking about loadout options, it really depends on your play style, but most guns in this game are at least adequate, and several good ones are unlocked from the get-go. (R870/That first LMG/etc.) and when you prestige you could choose to keep any gun, and then it'd be yours forever.

Ranks are simple, every time you play a match, you get XP and get closer to the next rank, they never go down, however, once you get to the end of level 55 you can "prestige" resetting your level to 1, but letting you unlock 1 thing permanently and also giving you other perks.

Titles and emblems are just unlocked by doing certain things in the game, there's a million of them, but you pick one and it shows up when you kill someone on their killcam.

I don't think any gamemodes restrict anything, but I could be wrong. I mostly play in core, so elsewhere idk. Party games do in the sense that they preset your guns for you.

Hope that helps.
#3oReloadPosted 1/12/2013 8:20:58 AM
Mickhead is the worse of the worse on the Absolution (Hitman) boards. He is a troll.
---
GT: Waleyy
"Get ready to ball so hard, because this chick is cray. And if you are feeling famished; I recommend the fish fillet."
#4tenorsrule2008Posted 1/12/2013 8:21:16 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5tenorsrule2008Posted 1/12/2013 8:21:57 AM
Alrighty then. Still anyone actually new to CoD, there ya go. :D
#6imthestuntmanPosted 1/12/2013 8:22:44 AM
there are "party games" that restrict you to not being able to use custom classes, but beyond that you can use any class you could possibly create in any game type.
#7MlCKHEAD(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 8:28:44 AM
Thank you tenorsrule that was very helpful information.
---
#8MlCKHEAD(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 8:30:28 AM
oReload posted...
Mickhead is the worse of the worse on the Absolution (Hitman) boards. He is a troll.

Iam not a troll. If I see what I think are flaws in a game I call them out, whereas you are a fanboy.
---