SPM is the only thing that matters as a measurement of skill.

#21duericPosted 1/13/2013 8:03:07 PM
FeelMyBlade posted...

Aside from that, there is nothing you can really do to fake your SPM.
It is proportional to you performance in game.

Not entirely.

There are ways to inflate your SPM. EMP nades are one huge one off the top of my head.

Only playing on Nuketown or Hijacked is another.

Not saying that everyone who has a high SPM cheesed it up. Just saying that SPM is no more a marker of skill than any other stat in this game.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#22chessmyantidrugPosted 1/13/2013 8:03:43 PM
VoodooDog posted...
The only kill based game there is is DM, right?

5-1=awesome kdr

25-19= not so awesome kdr

Which is the better DM player here?

Tough to tell. The guy who went 5-1 may have joined at the end of the game. The guy who went 25-19 might not have earned a single scorestreak and those 19 deaths account for almost one-third of the score limit. From a pure numbers standpoint, the player with 25 kills benefited the team more by having a +6 spread. It's the spread that really matters in TDM.

Kill Confirmed is indirectly kill-based. You can't collect tags if the enemies aren't killed. If someone goes something like 30-10 with single-digit confirms, it's clear they had no interest in winning.
#23Foxx3kPosted 1/13/2013 8:08:02 PM
chessmyantidrug posted...
VoodooDog posted...
The only kill based game there is is DM, right?

5-1=awesome kdr

25-19= not so awesome kdr

Which is the better DM player here?

Tough to tell. The guy who went 5-1 may have joined at the end of the game. The guy who went 25-19 might not have earned a single scorestreak and those 19 deaths account for almost one-third of the score limit. From a pure numbers standpoint, the player with 25 kills benefited the team more by having a +6 spread. It's the spread that really matters in TDM.

Kill Confirmed is indirectly kill-based. You can't collect tags if the enemies aren't killed. If someone goes something like 30-10 with single-digit confirms, it's clear they had no interest in winning.

Or they knew that they could hold an advantageous position while another player collected the tags and prevented the spawns from flipping.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#24VoodooDog(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 8:08:52 PM
SPM is SPM, regardless of how you get it. "spamming" emp grenades or collecting tags, it all goes into the cumulative total. Hacking is the only way I would consider a SPM "inflated".

There's no asterisks on the lobby leaderboard list.
---
when popularity fades, the truth will remain...
#25duericPosted 1/13/2013 8:11:32 PM
VoodooDog posted...
SPM is SPM, regardless of how you get it. "spamming" emp grenades or collecting tags, it all goes into the cumulative total. Hacking is the only way I would consider a SPM "inflated".

There's no asterisks on the lobby leaderboard list.

Bottom line. None of it matters once the game starts.

If you let yourself get intimidated by high SPM players, you've already lost, bro.

And on the flipside, when you play someone like me with a fairly average SPM, you're going to be screaming host and lag comp every time I kill you.

Paying attention to any stats ruins the game, IMO.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#26SoulEater00Posted 1/13/2013 8:33:47 PM(edited)
There are always people in kc that just grab tags and don't get kills. Could end up with 400 spm easily, doesn't mean he is skilled though.
#27JVel91Posted 1/13/2013 8:31:52 PM
2+ kd / 500+ SPM.

I must be doing something right.
---
EMS
#28Vincent729Posted 1/13/2013 8:45:12 PM(edited)
SPM doesn't mean crap in my opinion. There are way too many variables when comparing two people's SPM.

For example, if one person played 50 games in a playlist and another person played 500 games in the same playlist.......I'd expect the person with less games (therefore time played) to have a higher spm. That is, it's easier to get a higher average with less numbers/time.

It's not easy to maintain a high SPM when you play the same gamemode over a 1000 times.
---
GT= Run x Vindex
#29VoodooDog(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 8:44:54 PM
JVel91 posted...
2+ kd / 500+ SPM.

I must be doing something right.

looks like it.
---
when popularity fades, the truth will remain...
#30lovelyshotPosted 1/13/2013 8:45:02 PM
SoulEater00 posted...
There are always people in kc that just grab tags and don't get kills. Could end up with 400 spm easily, doesn't mean he is skilled though.

Yup, I see 2 enemy's; I kill one and use the first tag as bait. My team-mate dives for the tag, gets killed and loses his streak (prolly didn't have one). I get streaks and people get free tags...
---
"Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late."