SPM is the only thing that matters as a measurement of skill.

#31Astro_B0mbPosted 1/13/2013 9:07:59 PM
Anyone can have a high spm if they only played nuketown/hijacked.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#32known2FAILPosted 1/13/2013 9:20:40 PM
TheRealJayveezy posted...
VoodooDog posted...
Foxx3k posted...
Depends on gamemode.

in what gamemode does SPM take a backseat to kdr?

Search, FFA, team death match. I would say K/D is more important in those modes. And search just absolutely tanks SPM. Other modes I would say SPM is way more important.

OK correct me if I'm wrong but isn't SPM the single most important stat in FFA? Yea K/D is important but isn't it who reaches 30 kills first? I mean.. I doesn't matter if you go 29-1 if the other person ahead of you goes 30-32.. Seriously...
---
I knew FMGs would be OP before the game came out:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995751-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/59204323
#33TimmotheussPosted 1/13/2013 9:40:48 PM
FeelMyBlade posted...
dueric posted...
SPM is just as easy to manipulate as any other stat in the game.

How does one "manipulate" SPM?

If you have a high score per minute, you are doing something right.

Hoping on hardpoints, getting off, letting the enemy cap it, and recapture it for another 200 points. One easy way to manipulate it.
---
GT: Pipfection
#34GreatKiraLordPosted 1/13/2013 9:45:19 PM
lol no.
If you want to talk abou stats, that's not true.
guy baely going positive or around there with high spm isn't a good player.
I'd much rather have a guy with high kd and average spm (250? iono some low numbers) over a guy with average player's kd (barely below 1) with high spm.
It's better to have high numbers for both but between the two, the killwhore is the better player.
#35RS_YELARAKAPosted 1/13/2013 9:45:58 PM
Foxx3k posted...
Depends on gamemode.

---
GamerTag - YELARAKA (LeAdEr Of Da ReDsKrEeN kLaN)
RecentGames - GER, 007Legends, NCAA13, BF3, BOPS2
#36GreatKiraLordPosted 1/13/2013 9:46:20 PM
Mr_Cumberdale posted...
BipBapBam posted...
I see a lot of players with 400+ SPM and <1 K/D's. It isn't hard to run around like a maniac.

What mode do you play in? In TDM, I never seen a 300/400+ SPM with a <1 K/D. I think the lowest K/D I've seen with 300+ SPM was like a 1.5.

Players in TDM have one of the lowest k/d in the game.
No offense to those that mainly play TDM but almost no experienced players go there.
KC>>>>>>TDM
#37Mr_CumberdalePosted 1/13/2013 10:08:09 PM
GreatKiraLord posted...
Mr_Cumberdale posted...
BipBapBam posted...
I see a lot of players with 400+ SPM and <1 K/D's. It isn't hard to run around like a maniac.

What mode do you play in? In TDM, I never seen a 300/400+ SPM with a <1 K/D. I think the lowest K/D I've seen with 300+ SPM was like a 1.5.

Players in TDM have one of the lowest k/d in the game.
No offense to those that mainly play TDM but almost no experienced players go there.
KC>>>>>>TDM

Eh, I actually enjoy TDM. Because you don't get extra points for tags/objective, most of your kills will come from guns. I guess many noobs are in it, but I've played other game modes and it's just too chaotic.
#38GreatTroySenseiPosted 1/13/2013 10:29:00 PM
KC skews the hell out of SPM. It's hard not to have an SPM 350+ if you mostly play KC.
---
These are like, third dimension glasses, you know? They don't really work, though because I feel like I'm still seeing stuff in whatever dimension we live in.
#39MCGTPPosted 1/13/2013 10:36:06 PM
Someone with a 500+ SPM in Dom, KC, or Hardpoint, regardless of the K/D (although I don't see how one with that high of a SPM would have a terrible K/D), will at the very least contribute greatly to his team. In objective game modes, skill equates to playing the objective, playing smart (as in not racking up pointless deaths), and trying to carry the team to a win. So in this case, SPM is a measurement of skill.
#40mcpuppet101Posted 1/13/2013 11:31:52 PM
1.make new account
2.join a game
3.get as many kills as possible
4.quit
5.dont play anymore and enjoy your place in top 1000 on leaderboards.

what a joke.