Modern Warfare 2 is better than Black Ops 2

#21Silver17Posted 1/14/2013 2:39:23 AM
BrownPack posted...
Silver17 posted...
Until MW2 patches (or gets rid of) Infinite Tubes/Nades/Ammo, DC, Last Stand as a Perk, Nuke Boosting, Painkiller/Final Stand, Commando, 10th prestige lobbies, and 10th prestige lobby message spam.... then yeah no BO2 is better.

^ With that said I know that there's a bunch of MW2 fanboys here, and well "It's the cool thing to hate on BO2" for AT LEAST another year, so it should come to no surprise as to why MW2 is winning this poll... lol

So much ignorance and butthurt in your post lol.

^ Can you have an actual conversation without slamming someone? <_<

Infinite tubes aren't as common as people say it is.

^ 9/10 lobbies I've seen at least one person doing that. MW2 may now be more about QSers now, but OMA was a HUGE problem.

Infinite nades? seriously? Grenades are an even bigger force in Cod4 and BO.

^ If you don't have to move to a scavenger bag to get an extra nade, then yes that's a problem (especially when using DC)

Infinite ammo? from scavenger? come on. many people use sleight of hand if they're not using marathon or scavenger.

^ The infinite ammo was coming more from OMA. Campers abused it. (heck I used to hear my own teammates bragging about it on the mic)

Danger close is only a problem when paired with one man army and grenade launchers.

^ DC should have never been in the game.

Last Stand isn't as bad as BO's second chance.

^ This is a BO2 poll, and LS isn't in BO2.

Nuke Boosting isn't a problem to those who take down air support.

^ NB will still boost if air support is taken down. Why should I have to keep checking the ****ing scoreboard every 5 seconds to see if boosters either came in the lobby. The real good ones never even put up air support - just went for the nuke. So you had to constantly scoreboard watch which sucked!

Painkiller is annoying, but remember, if the enemy team has it, that must mean your team is doing way better than theirs.

^ Deathstreaks IMO should not be in any COD game.

Final stand still isn't as bad as BO's second chance.

^ See prev comment.

Commando isn't a problem. soundwhoring even with TV speakers makes anyone that doesn't use Ninja at risk of being heard when not crouched.

^ So you need to soundwhore to justify the broken lunge of commando? Interesting...

10 prestige lobbies don't affect your gameplay.

^ Got extremely tired of playing one match and hey 3+ new spam messages in my inbox.

BO2 isn't better in any way. Sadly. Other than the pick 10 system, I can't think of any way that BO2 is better than MW2.

^ BO2 doesn't have all the broken **** listed above. MW2 fans can say better netcode, but the "host FTW" system sucked too. MW2 fans can say it has better maps, but I hated maps like Wasteland, Fuel, Estate, Carnival, Derail, Rundown, Rust, Underpass.

^ Then again maps are subjective. Just because I hate them or you hate them doesn't mean they are bad, but put a large map next to a smaller map and guess what the community will usually vote for?...
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#22diebuster2Posted 1/14/2013 2:41:41 AM
Black Ops 2 for me. More balanced to say the least.
---
One does not simply state a reasonable, negative opinion on GameFAQS without being called a troll.
#23FeelMyBladePosted 1/14/2013 2:44:51 AM
Blops 2 for me.

However there are certain things from MW2 I wish was in Blops 2.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-42
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Given:15
#24xHuckleberryPosted 1/14/2013 3:01:14 AM
MW1 Wins
#25BrownPackPosted 1/14/2013 3:32:15 AM
Silver17 posted...

^ Can you have an actual conversation without slamming someone? <_<

Can you actually believe that the community might actually prefer MW2 over BO2 and that it isn't just some sort of nostalgia hype? Sorry for exploding on you a little bit I guess.

^ 9/10 lobbies I've seen at least one person doing that. MW2 may now be more about QSers now, but OMA was a HUGE problem.

I don't see how you get 9/10 lobbies doing that. Whenever I play, it's like 1/10. Even then, they usually suck at it.

^ If you don't have to move to a scavenger bag to get an extra nade, then yes that's a problem (especially when using DC)

People don't really use OMA for grenades... it's really not worth it. OMA was mainly for grenade launchers, because you had more accuracy with them. With grenades, you'd have to deal with cooking and trajectory was more of an issue.

^ The infinite ammo was coming more from OMA. Campers abused it. (heck I used to hear my own teammates bragging about it on the mic)

As I said before, infinite ammo was the last thing on someone's mind when having an OMA class. in order of what people used OMA for:

Grenade Launchers
Claymores
Tactical Insertions
Grenades
Ammo

^ DC should have never been in the game.

In your opinion. If anything, OMA should've never been in the game. OMA without danger close is still pretty damn bad. Danger close without OMA isn't.

^ This is a BO2 poll, and LS isn't in BO2.

The point is, LS isn't even really a problem, or something to really complain about, unless you're really bad at CoD.

^ NB will still boost if air support is taken down. Why should I have to keep checking the ****ing scoreboard every 5 seconds to see if boosters either came in the lobby. The real good ones never even put up air support - just went for the nuke. So you had to constantly scoreboard watch which sucked!

Yes, but if you had good enough map knowledge, it shouldn't be hard to find the nuke boosters. I can find nuke boosters within a minute or two.

^ Deathstreaks IMO should not be in any COD game.

I don't think they should be in any CoD game, but whatever. They never annoyed me much.

^ So you need to soundwhore to justify the broken lunge of commando? Interesting...

the "broken" lunge of commando isn't broken. That's exactly how commando was meant to be. What's broken is your lack of ability to hear someone with elephant footsteps approaching you. And you don't even need to soundwhore to hear commando users.

^ Got extremely tired of playing one match and hey 3+ new spam messages in my inbox.

Come on. You know damn well it isn't even that often.

^ BO2 doesn't have all the broken **** listed above. MW2 fans can say better netcode, but the "host FTW" system sucked too. MW2 fans can say it has better maps, but I hated maps like Wasteland, Fuel, Estate, Carnival, Derail, Rundown, Rust, Underpass.

1. Those things aren't broken. That is just you complaining.
2. BO may not have "broken" things, but it sure is lacking material to make it just as fun.
3. Netcoding means a LOT. I'd rather have an old station wagon that runs fine than a Ferrari that has no tires.

^ Then again maps are subjective. Just because I hate them or you hate them doesn't mean they are bad, but put a large map next to a smaller map and guess what the community will usually vote for?...

Um... small maps like Nuke Town, right?. Blame the community.
#26Silver17Posted 1/14/2013 3:59:45 AM
@BrownPack

- Not gonna requote all of that just summarize.

We're gonna end up agreeing to disagree on a lot of things. (especially the OMA abuse)

When I was talking about refilling nades with OMA, yes the "primary" reason OMA was abused was for tubes. Still if you got an extra nade by refilling your tube class.

Defending LS? Come on Last Stand was nothing more than a troll perk. Glad that community got on Activision's case about getting rid of it.

Commando just like Danger Close also seemed good on paper, but they both were abused in gameplay. There's a reason why neither have returned.

Being dead serious I got spammed to death about 10th prestige lobbies when that stupid "Coin Emblem with the skull surfaced" . It was either someone "hosting a lobby" or "hosting a 10th lobby for points".

MW2's netcode was good, but that was in the rare case of someone not using tubes.

^ HOWEVER IDK if we will ever see that again even if they brought the MW2 team back (which yes would never happen).

We now have DSL and Google Fiber users in the same lobby. MW2 never had to deal with that type of variance. Personally I'm somewhere in the middle of that, (36D/6U 10p) but that problem is only gonna get worse as time goes on.

Finally and MOST IMPORTANT - If you can afford a Ferrari, you can afford new tires. I'll take the Ferrari... :)
---
"Pretty Women Make Us Buy Beer. Ugly Women Make Us DRINK BEER!" - Al Bundy
(12/14/2010 = All time Worst Patch in the History of Gaming!)
#27The_Gun_Sh0wPosted 1/14/2013 4:08:33 AM
MW2 had its issues but it was easily the most fun I've ever had on a COD game!

If only the team (original I.W. with West and Zampella) had hung around for longer than 2 months after release so they could have patched all the bad stuff (OMA, MLC etc etc) then it would hands down be the best online shooter around.

I would pay 100/$150 to have all the MW2 maps released for this game
---
Gamertag: The Gun Sh0w
#28EmmaStone744Posted 1/14/2013 4:21:50 AM
Mw2 by far. That game actually had weapon variety, unlike this piece of crap where if you're not using a SMG you're at a huge disadvantage.
#29DraconilianPosted 1/14/2013 4:23:34 AM
arena11 posted...
MW2 master race checking in.

This

At the time I played MW2, I'm not ashamed to admit I was terrible. Had a 0.5 K/D or so. But I still know I had more fun playing MW2 than any other CoD
---
"The best, most perfectly tuned online game will always have one glaring flaw.
Anyone can play it." _ Dueric
#30NejiHyuga900Posted 1/14/2013 4:57:33 AM
MW2 may have made a CoD fan (CoD4 has failed me due to frustration for being a noob) but I like BO2 more. However, MW2 does have better connection and better maps than BO2 but I love BO2 more just because of the campaign, new features, and zombies.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900