EMP is so terrible.

#21ssupermario92Posted 1/14/2013 9:40:32 AM
PvtPorkSord posted...
darkshadowmaster posted...
ssupermario92 posted...
I wonder...if one were to use an EMP when a enemy swarm is up....how many points does he get?

The "swarm" is just one entity so you probably get a bonus like you took out a HK drone.

I'd be pissed. You should get at least 300 points for knocking out a swarm. He'll I get 2-300 points on a good EMP made toss.

wtf I thought ifn one were to use an EMP during a Swarm I'd expect earn @least 1k points or something
---
Super Mario Bros. 3 is better then Super Mario World
People who agree: 39 PM if you think so as well
#22darkshadowmasterPosted 1/14/2013 9:41:42 AM
can always create a custom game and have one person use the EMP and another use the Swarm.

Kill each other until you each reach your streak then have the swarm called in so the 2nd guy can detonate the EMP.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#23xHonestyxPosted 1/14/2013 9:54:29 AM
In KC, I save my EMP, at soon as I hear enemy VSAT, I knock it out

I usually run VSAT, EMP VTOL/Dogs/Swarm
#24EntotrtePosted 1/14/2013 10:05:40 AM
To everyone wondering how many points does destroying the Swarn with an EMP, It's 200.

I saw it on one of these videos (Don't remember/Don't feel like checking it out): http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjxOm20LsjcAxbWv0goUr6SXhJSiaVH8N
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, and you are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.
#25QualiTPosted 1/14/2013 11:46:04 AM
The problem with MW3 EMP is that you could just get 6 guys running EMP then just detonate one, then another a minute later, then another etc.

Most good teams who ran into other good teams would realise that they werent going to get AC130s and thus decided to d00sh it up with EMPS to block the enemy from really being able to call in anything useful, making the whole game boring.

But I do agree that 40 seconds is so not enough for something that costs 1300 points, 60 at least, its onyl an extra 20 seconds.
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
http://i.imgur.com/FjisB.gif
#26Magic_BryanPosted 1/14/2013 12:53:48 PM
TheBlueDeath posted...
KSCOKid posted...
Does the EMP disable lock on launchers?

Yes, yes it does.

I don't think this is true.

Definitely doesn't disable launcher lockon. Trickier to do, but just wait for the tone and you're golden.
#27dark_lord_havocPosted 1/14/2013 2:19:14 PM
Really good against VSATS and other high end score streaks. So, situational. Which is fine, not everything needs to be amazing in every scenario.
#28puzzlefitePosted 1/14/2013 2:59:39 PM(edited)
Magic_Bryan posted...
TheBlueDeath posted...
KSCOKid posted...
Does the EMP disable lock on launchers?

Yes, yes it does.

I don't think this is true.

Definitely doesn't disable launcher lockon. Trickier to do, but just wait for the tone and you're golden.

Pretty much. Just center it without the interface for the FHJ. If you've used the FHJ to shoot down anything this should become 2nd nature. You get a little bit more leeway higher than the center.
---
Gamertag: Crash Geom
#29angrybirdsdudePosted 1/14/2013 2:59:48 PM
forgotten0285 posted...
forgotten0285 posted...
EMP was broken in MW3. 3arc was able to fix it without getting rid of it entirely. You should be happy to have it at all, instead of being a complainy-pants about it.

How was it broken?

Granted I'll give you it was incredibly easy to obtain since it was in support but that didn't make the EMP itself broken.

Easy to obtain + lasts long enough to win the game for you = broken

Yeah, it was 100% countered and all the KS sucked in MW3, pretty broken.
---
spread the <3