I'm honestly surprised at how nerfed the knife is in this game.

#11aheroafakePosted 1/14/2013 10:26:18 AM
ih0tfirei posted...
It was nerfed to much. It's gotten to the point that the knife button doesnt exist to me.

This. Whenever I get into a CQC scuffle, and I have no option but to attempt a melee kill, I am immensely surprised if I come out as the victor.
---
"ZOMG YOUR RADAR IS OUT LOLZ I SWEAR IM NOT 5 FT AWAY" - FFrulz2000 on Scrambler Perk
Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man
#12forgotten0285Posted 1/14/2013 10:27:32 AM
knife isnt nerfed. its just tiered.

panic knife - worthless
ballistic knife - average
tactical knife - pretty decent lunge
naked knife - broken as ever
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#13fueled-systemPosted 1/14/2013 10:28:36 AM(edited)
aheroafake posted...
ih0tfirei posted...
It was nerfed to much. It's gotten to the point that the knife button doesnt exist to me.

This. Whenever I get into a CQC scuffle, and I have no option but to attempt a melee kill, I am immensely surprised if I come out as the victor.

Good, this game should be more gun on gun and not just panic knifing(which I admit I did ALOT)

EDIT: People hate Battlefield 3 but the knife system there was near perfect(sneak attack instant kill, regular attack takes multiple hits)
#14thousandinonePosted 1/14/2013 10:28:02 AM
It's pretty sad when circling a knifer and noscoping him with a sniper rifle has good odds of ending in your favor >.<
---
Worst thing about grammar police: They're cannibals. If one makes a single typo or error while 'critiquing' someone, they will be EVISCERATED by their fellows.
#15HaganPosted 1/14/2013 10:36:29 AM
forgotten0285 posted...
knife isnt nerfed. its just tiered.

panic knife - worthless
ballistic knife - average
tactical knife - pretty decent lunge
naked knife - broken as ever

The ballistic knife actually has a longer lunge than the regular combat knife.
---
XBL GT= illidan z
http://www.youtube.com/user/illidanz
#16imthestuntmanPosted 1/14/2013 10:37:37 AM
only problem i have is they appear to have given the combat shield the same hit detection as a non held knife, but requiring twice the damage to kill while making you slower...
#17CallMeSeekerPosted 1/14/2013 10:50:03 AM
I am also pleasantly surprised.
---
i5-2500k @ 4.6GHz || Biostar TZ77B || Sapphire 6950 || Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1600MHz || Crucial M4 128GB || Spinpoint F3 1TB
#18fallenKlNGPosted 1/14/2013 10:54:12 AM
I was pretty surprised too. I completely gave up on knifing someone, even if they're not looking. One tiny little step away and the knife will miss.

I remember I was playing in Yemen, and I was in a building looking outside for the enemy UAV so I could shoot it down with my launcher. I hear not one, but two knifing noises coming from behind me. I didn't have my launcher out just yet, so I quickly turn around and I see an enemy with a gun who failed to knife me because I just barely stepped away. Keep in mind I had no idea he was behind me. So I shoot and kill him because he's still finishing the knifing animation. I actually felt kinda sorry for the guy. Next time, he'll know better than to knife someone instead of using a gun.
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
#19aheroafakePosted 1/14/2013 11:00:44 AM
And if anyone is wondering, before BO2, I wasn't really much of a knife user. In this game, I swear a butter knife would be more deadly than the melee knife.
---
"ZOMG YOUR RADAR IS OUT LOLZ I SWEAR IM NOT 5 FT AWAY" - FFrulz2000 on Scrambler Perk
Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man
#20FeelMyBladePosted 1/14/2013 11:04:53 AM
The way it should be.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-42
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Given:15