Any tips on getting headshots for the weapon challenges?

#1thompsontalker7Posted 1/14/2013 7:37:39 AM
The only gold gun I got is the AN-94, and I'm not sure how I got the headshots for that thing. Probably mostly just out of luck.

Anyway, I normally get headshots through regular play, but now I want to focus on getting them deliberately. I feel that I have to hit them in the tip of their head otherwise it's a normal kill, but aiming carefully in the middle of a gunfight isn't exactly encouraged in COD.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#2karmaapainPosted 1/14/2013 7:40:50 AM
Just aim high. That's what I do. Sure you won't get a headshot everytime but you'll notice you're getting them faster. Just like you said you don't really have time to aim when in a gun fight. Also you can catch the noobs who are away from their controller at their spawns for easy headshots.
#3trakrunr4evrPosted 1/14/2013 7:41:15 AM
Shock charges and stuns will slow your enemy down giving you a little time to line up a headshot... also try to flank around enemies allowing you to come up behind them for a free headshot on those campers.
---
GT: Stelthmastr
#4BeastlyIguanaPosted 1/14/2013 7:42:56 AM
Headshot or die.

Really, I mean it. Always aim for the head. Either get that headshot or die. Just shooting them may be tempting, but always go for the head.
---
Who the **** vacuums a window?
#5ICantNameGudPosted 1/14/2013 7:43:50 AM
Yea TC, I have diamond ARs. The trick really is to just aim high. I wet from getting 2-3 headshots per match to more like 7-10
---
And when I'm feeling stuck and need a buck, I don't rely on luck... because The Hoook brings you baaack, I ain't tellin' you no lies
~CoD devs
#6ih0tfireiPosted 1/14/2013 7:44:56 AM
Play hardcore kill confirmed. I get around 10-16 headshots a game.
---
Xbox tag- I Hotfire I
#7thompsontalker7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 7:49:37 AM
BeastlyIguana posted...
Headshot or die.

Really, I mean it. Always aim for the head. Either get that headshot or die. Just shooting them may be tempting, but always go for the head.

I've been trying that mentality lately in the game

Usually go 8-16 or so with 1-2 headshots -_-
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#8DeadSPosted 1/14/2013 8:25:34 AM
target finder, aim near the top of the diamond. You don't even need to see thier body
---
"Through time, through space, it will never end."
#9aheroafakePosted 1/14/2013 8:32:10 AM
DeadS posted...
target finder, aim near the top of the diamond. You don't even need to see thier body

Probably a really dumb question but could you elaborate? I don't understand what you're trying to say.
---
"ZOMG YOUR RADAR IS OUT LOLZ I SWEAR IM NOT 5 FT AWAY" - FFrulz2000 on Scrambler Perk
Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man
#10ssupermario92Posted 1/14/2013 8:42:37 AM
shoot the head.

not rocket science
---
Super Mario Bros. 3 is better then Super Mario World
People who agree: 39 PM if you think so as well